Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in Amsterdam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in Amsterdam

azwikiazwiki Member
edited August 2017 in Requests

Looking for KVM VPS to host a website with 4+ streaming videos.
My current hoster does not count traffic, so I don't' know how much traffic I use per month. The port is using only 8 mbps 99% of time with up to 675 mbps at peak about twice per week for about 30 minutes. I think 1Tb monthly traffic is enough, but the port should be able to stream the video for a short period of time without delay.
The minimum requirement is 2 Gb of RAM, 40 Gb SSD, 2+ CPU and, 800mbps available at any moment.
Up to $15/m.
Established provider.
I also need if (it's never happened, but if any) DMCA complain forward to me and let me have deal with that.
There is no illegal content on the website.

Comments

• nicenice Member

Nice! We got an offer for you cheap VPS in Amsterdam, the Netherlands

• azwikiazwiki Member
    edited August 2017

nicevps.net may work, but you don't accept "ancient" methods of payments like US dollars made via credit card or paypal. It also does not say if the port can handle 600+ mbps at any given time time that may I need.

• nicenice Member

@azwiki said:
    nicevps.net may work, but you don't accept "ancient" methods of payments like US dollars made via credit card or paypal. It also does not say if the port can handle 600+ mbps at any given time time that may I need.

We can handle that. Feels bad for you then, about the payment method: convert your "ancient" paper money into "future" money, just look for an exchanger. Have a nice weekend!

• WSSWSS Member

@nice said:
    We can handle that. Feels bad for you then, about the payment method: convert your "ancient" paper money into "future" money, just look for an exchanger. Have a nice weekend!

Good luck with that - your post has talked me out of a VPS, because of your indulgence into instability as a monetary intake.

Thanked by 2Aidan MasonR
  • @nice said:

@azwiki said:

Got a test IP?

• TomTom Member

nice said: "future" money

Heh.

Thanked by 3WSS Clouvider Rhys
  • convert "ancient" money into "future" money is unconvinced at the moment. I prefer to keep my expenses in the currency that I earn to avoid any exchange fee.

• WSSWSS Member

@azwiki said:
    convert "ancient" money into "future" money is unconvinced at the moment. I prefer to keep my expenses in the currency that I earn to avoid any exchange fee.

But you can burn out a few old video cards for.. something that is highly likely to be useless! Shit, man- these numbers are PRIME!

• Leaseweb is quite established and has a great network. I've got a VPS there with a 1GBits port. You get lots of traffic, but be careful with overage (because they have unreasonably high fees for this).

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited August 2017

azwiki said: 800mbps available at any moment. Up to $15/m.

No.

And everyone that tells you they guarantee this at this price lies. Zero exceptions. Absolutely zero.

Just because it is "only" burst and not flat usage does not mean it is free.

Thanked by 2nice pike
  • Hmm... hostsailor.com is down at this moment...

• azwikiazwiki Member
    edited August 2017

@William said:

I understand that no one can guarantee the minimum uplink. But people can look on the port to see if 600mbps available most of the time or not.

• azwiki said: I understand that no one can guarantee the minimum uplink.

Good, that makes sense then, you wrote "available" which - usually - would imply at least somewhat guaranteed for N time per month.

In that case, while still hard, this is doable.

• you can try out nforce.com

they have new cloud servers

"Whatever happens with your NFOrce VPS, you will always be secured of having more than enough speed to operate your business. With our secured 2x20Gbps connected to each Hypervisor, we guaranty the promised high-speed and quality connection you expect."

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We can set you up in Amsterdam, we use 10 Gbps per node and limit each VM to 1 Gbps. Obviously won't be guaranteed though. You can see the plans here: https://www.hosthatch.com/ssd-vps

• Abdullah, I'm about to order NVMe 4 GB, but if your website states 50 GB storage, but at checkout, it says 40Gb.

• bersybersy Member
    edited August 2017

azwiki said: Abdullah, I'm about to order NVMe 4 GB, but if your website states 50 GB storage, but at checkout, it says 40Gb.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2358221/#Comment_2358221 and the website isn't updated yet

@Abdullah

• I'm confused. Can I get NVMe 4 GB VPS with specification that on the website (50GB SSD) or not?
    Also, I would pay a few more $ for one-two extra CPU core for this VPS. It is possible? I don't need more RAM or bandwidth, just a CPU.

Orders today (~9 more hours) will get 50 GB SSD. If you get 40 GB, just open a ticket and we'll fix it.

Additional CPU alone isn't possible, you will need to upgrade the whole plan. We won't be able to provide dedicated CPU otherwise.

• azwikiazwiki Member
    edited August 2017

Order NVMe 4 GB in Amsterdam. But I can't see if I have 40 or 50GB of storage. There is no info on the control panel.
    Also, there seems to no option to add ssh key from the control panel. It's not a big deal, but nice to have one.

You can see your plan details by hovering over your plan name under your server.

• Abdullah, can't find the plan name under my server.

Please go to manage.hosthatch.com/servers > your server > ctrl + f "Product".

Hover over the name written ahead of it.

I think our support might be a better fit for this communication :)

• A2hosting provides best vps

• @Abdullah there is no "Product" under "my server". Use Chrome 60.0.3112.10 on OS X 10.10.5

Once again - best to take this directly to support. Your account looks fine on our side. This is from your account: http://imgur.com/a/ftfTK