Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OneProvider——Is this company not good enough?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OneProvider——Is this company not good enough?

Today I would like to ask them how to buy
but………………
No I need to buy the product, why not tell me directly? wasting my time

really an unpleasant shopping trip

Comments

• I asked for three days

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Well this is a confusing thread - I think the server you want would be a custom order and needs to be processed by a member of their sales department, who only work Mon-Fri.

Thanked by 3wg1929 netomx WSS
  • wg1929 said: really an unpleasant shopping trip

The person answering you is from support department, he probably can't create invoices for custom order. He can just answer if there're an available server fit your need. You will have to wait until Monday when their Sales department works again.

Only support department works on weekends to answer technical related issues.

Thanked by 1wg1929
  • @Zare said:
    Well this is a confusing thread - I think the server you want would be a custom order and needs to be processed by a member of their sales department, who only work Mon-Fri.

But I asked for a few days, they reply very slowly

• @wg1929 said:

@Zare said:

But I asked for a few days, they reply very slowly

From images the replies are from same day with few minutes delay. he must have forwarded the ticket to sales dep

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I see no issue with support in screenshots, you will need to wait for sales department, once they are in touch your order will be prepared.

• WSSWSS Member

I've given OneProvider two chances to win me over and get my business. Both times they've failed to deliver a functional product. I'll never use them again.

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2017

I've always wondered what they are like but have mostly seen them mentioned in negative reviews. Now, granted people rarely speak if everything is okay but usually make sure to post as soon as something goes wrong, but are they rather good or rather not that good at all? @WSS where did they fail with you?

• WSSWSS Member

@PUSHRcdn said:

@WSS where did they fail with you?

The first one, I received a broken machine- 3 times. It took 4 tries to get one that could even boot. By the time I got to that, there were still issues because they're just resellers and their IPMI gateway is so broken that it wouldn't manage for more than half an hour before breaking. It was beyond painful, and I eventually just threw my hands up in the air and said "Enough.". I've done headless blind installs on Kimsufi, but this was nearly impossible to use- even without the hardware issues.

The second time, I tried one of their "Virtual Cloud" servers. They said you could install via ISO, but then said they didn't support and wouldn't load Scientific Linux (and other operating systems I requested). The "hardware" wasn't anything special- it was just a KVM instance- but they refused to do what I asked, despite stating that there was the ability to load whatever I wanted.

Fuck them.

Thanked by 1PUSHR_Victor
  • PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

Nasty. Thanks for the warning.

• WSS said: they're just resellers

This.

They're fine for toy servers, though I wouldn't trust them with anything serious.

• I'm using the 10eur i3 special and it worked fine for me. got an upgraded version (i3-2100 although i3-530 is mentioned on the promo page) and haven't run into any issues except my network card was set to 100Mbps (which was fixed within few hours)

Thanked by 1sipe
  • @WSS said:

@PUSHRcdn said:

@WSS where did they fail with you?

The first one, I received a broken machine- 3 times. It took 4 tries to get one that could even boot. By the time I got to that, there were still issues because they're just resellers and their IPMI gateway is so broken that it wouldn't manage for more than half an hour before breaking. It was beyond painful, and I eventually just threw my hands up in the air and said "Enough.". I've done headless blind installs on Kimsufi, but this was nearly impossible to use- even without the hardware issues.

The second time, I tried one of their "Virtual Cloud" servers. They said you could install via ISO, but then said they didn't support and wouldn't load Scientific Linux (and other operating systems I requested). The "hardware" wasn't anything special- it was just a KVM instance- but they refused to do what I asked, despite stating that there was the ability to load whatever I wanted.

Fuck them.

First server, they took over 6 days to deliver (I was fine with 3.. but 6??)

second server, they held my money for over 3 weeks before I requested a refund (and never received a server)

Shitty experience indeed.

Thanked by 2WSS PUSHR_Victor
  • Cannot comment on their dedicated servers, but I have a VPS with them and it's been running without issues since I signed up several months ago. At one point they upgraded the host (to a bigger machine), that too went without issues and very little downtime.