Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone heard of ImmediateVPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone heard of ImmediateVPS?

vasechkavasechka Member
edited January 2012 in Providers

Wondering if anyone heard of ImmediateVPS - http://immediatevps.com/special
They're offering $6 in Germany (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1120211) and $7 in UK.

Couldn't find any reviews for them. Looks ok, price is on higher end of what I'm looking for, but didn't find any review, except for mentioned tweets.

Comments

• $6 and $7 are higher than you are looking for? Prices cant go much lower than that.. oh wait no UptimeVPS can.. hang on a minute.. :P

• I have never heard of them but according to their twitter feed, they've been recommended a couple of times; plus the 99.9% SLA helps. Looks like a pretty legit company.

• @AsuraHosting said: plus the 99.9% SLA helps

Insert an extreme amount of laughter that gets me in trouble with the librarians.

Not sure how long you've been in the hosting field (Your website states 2011) but you will quickly discover after a while that SLAs are pretty much the most ignored part of any agreement with a hosting contract and/or agreement. We've had providers here where clients have written out word by word their SLAs back to them with little or no affect. Most SLAs have so many loopholes that they're pretty much worthless.

http://immediatevps.com/sla

Minimal downtime of an hour is counted. Anything less and it's not downtime.

First 10 minutes are exempt within that hour.

No claim within the first month and a max of 3 claims a month.

Oh and for those following the other conversation, they retain the option to delete at any time with non payment:

http://immediatevps.com/tos

Should the Customer fail to pay by the invoice's due date, Immediate VPS reserves the right to terminate their services at any point, irrespective of the number of warnings that they may have received, or if a suspension has been imposed upon the account.

• FWIW, 99.99% uptime is 53 minutes of downtime PER YEAR.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@Damian4IPXcore said: FWIW, 99.99% uptime is 53 minutes of downtime PER YEAR.

Hey, google came back this time with the right number:

http://www.google.com/search?q=.01%+of+1+year

• @drmike said: Insert an extreme amount of laughter that gets me in trouble with the librarians.

Not sure how long you've been in the hosting field (Your website states 2011) but you will quickly discover after a while that SLAs are pretty much the most ignored part of any agreement with a hosting contract and/or agreement. We've had providers here where clients have written out word by word their SLAs back to them with little or no affect. Most SLAs have so many loopholes that they're pretty much worthless.

You are grim. Even if this specific provider was to ignore their own SLA; I'd expect it would make a customer mad enough to post a review about them. But as the OP stated, there are no available in-depth reviews about ImmediateVPS; which leads me to believe that they are doing their part in keeping their customers happy.

And the SLA given by ImmediateVPS seems pretty straight forward, you even linked it and stated the very conditions that is required for them to consider for reimbursement. Doesn't really seem like a loophole or any of that to me.

• @AsuraHosting said: you even linked it

If I make reference to something, I link to it. I run a managed shared hosting company that caters to (for lack of a better term) soccer moms and that's par for the course over there.

@AsuraHosting said: stated the very conditions

Actually those are more of the exceptions. At least I think so.

• @drmike said: If I make reference to something, I link to it. I run a managed shared hosting company that caters to (for lack of a better term) soccer moms and that's par for the course over there.

I don't understand the logic behind this response. Are you trying your best to point out that you're the reason why LEA doesn't enjoy this community? If so, you are doing very well at that.

@drmike said: Actually those are more of the exceptions. At least I think so.

You've just contradicted yourself. Conditions include exceptions, otherwise it'd be hard for people to determine what ImmediateVPS considers as downtime/necessary for compensation.

Thanked by 1Naruto
  • drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@AsuraHosting said: I don't understand the logic behind this response.

Just to clarify, you mentioned that I had linked to something. I explained why I did so. When i reference something, I try to link to it so others can see where I;m getting my information from.

When it comes to SLAs, from previous times where I've seen it tried to be applied by folks and providers point to their exceptions in their policies. To their credit, they don;t have a lot of them but they do have some.

@AsuraHosting said: Are you trying your best to point out that you're the reason why LEA doesn't enjoy this community? If so, you are doing very well at that.

May I politely ask that you leave the personal insults out of it? I realize that this community couldn't even go Christmas day without trashing and insulting each other but I would think that someone new and in fact representing their company would give a second thought to stooping down to that level.

I noticed something about a provider. I pointed it out, made reference to it via a link and then explained. I'm sorry if you had trouble with that and I tried to explain again.

• @drmike, he's rude to me too don't worry.

• AsuraHostingAsuraHosting Member
    edited January 2012

@drmike said: May I politely ask that you leave the personal insults out of it? I realize that this community couldn't even go Christmas day without trashing and insulting each other but I would think that someone new and in fact representing their company would give a second thought to stooping down to that level.

It wasn't an insult; it is exactly how I perceived your response to be. And FYI, it's not personal; you should re-evaluate my response and reach a better understanding of why I had responded accordingly. And I believe I represent my company well, you on the otherhand... quick to bash others, inability to comprehend responses, and giving irrelevant replies; I cannot say that you represent yours well.

@Naruto said: @drmike, he's rude to me too don't worry.

You lied about having an account with us; and also, you stated some things that not only I, but others had agreed was uncalled for. And I never talked to you or replied to your comments; so how can you state I was rude to you? I agreed to what someone else had said about your statement; and you felt the need to say you're cancelling a package you had with our company... which is absolutely non-existent.

• @AsuraHosting

Well that would be hard since @drmike doesn't even represent a company here... He wont even tell people what company it is. So no, your right , he doesn't represent it well... He doesn't represent it at all :P

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited January 2012

Edit: Nevermind.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited January 2012

Going to say... what the hell are you talking about :P

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited January 2012

That's the company of mike??

What is your purpose of disclosing this kind of information here?

You are totally annoying.

• @yomero

He was wrong anyway, that's the OPs site :P I knew the info would not be released, especially to a LET n00b :D

• @VMPort said: He was wrong anyway, that's the OPs site :P I knew the info would not be released, especially to a LET n00b :D

Thanks god. Even I don't have idea if Mike is a real man or a bot XD

Let's put him some captchas...

Ok ok, spam off.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@yomero said: That's the company of mike??

No, that's not me. First I've seen of it actually. Came as a surprise actually. I used to hold some of the theapparatus domains.

@VMPort said: He wont even tell people what company it is.

I have stated a number of times my reasoning why. if you would like to follow this up with the other folks here who contribute without stating who they represent, I'll consider it. But since all folks here are interesting in are singling me out about the issue...

@AsuraHosting said: quick to bash others

All I did was make my opinion known and gave my reasoning as to why. You continued on with the insults.

• drmike is the owner of Rackspace omg!

Ok, I couldn't resist, since this is a new forum-novel haha.

• @drmike said: All I did was make my opinion known and gave my reasoning as to why. You continued on with the insults.

I do not believe I insulted you once, I only stated my opinion of you. You're taking it too serious; I'm only judging what has been presented to me here. You might be a saint, I don't know you personally.

Besides, I'm a newcomer; I have no influence on the community.