Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage VPS

I need a 2 TB storage vps with ideally 1+Gps speed.

I am looking for a clustered storage like ceph and vps backups too. Reliability is important.

Location does not matter, USA/Canada is preferred.

Wanting any recurring discounts or offers. Price being lower is best. Ideally under $30 a month, but willing to pay for quality.

Thanks!.

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Isn't there a WordPress/SiteSpeed plugin test for this yet?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Sorry?

Thanked by 1nice
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@pcfreak30 said:

I am looking for a clustered storage like ceph and vps backups too. Reliability is
    important.

You are looking for automated VPS backups? Most storage VPS providers won't be backing up 2 TB storage servers.

We can set you up in LA if you want - but it will be local storage (RAID50) with SSD caching, and no backups.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2017

Have you checked with time4vps (although not US/CA) ? Maybe they can arrange for a custom deal? What about Hetzner?

@WSS You're the man! This post made my day :D

• OVH cloud storage?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2017

Mount Prospect, Illinois, US

traceroute to 86.174.xxx.xx (86.174.xxx.xx), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets

1 198.62.109.2-static.reverse.mnx.io (198.62.109.2) 0.528 ms 0.603 ms 0.558 ms

2 6-1-37.ear2.Chicago2.Level3.net (4.15.84.97) 1.597 ms 1.830 ms 2.058 ms

3 * * *

4 * * *

-- Traceroute timed out -

100% lost of packets at some points on their network.

The time4vps and Hetzner server located in EU not USA/Canada (as OP is preferred locations).

• @Ympker said:
    Have you checked with time4vps (although not US/CA) ? Maybe they can arrange for a custom deal? What about Hetzner?

I like time4vps but I am a fan of ceph and getting ceph backed storage at a good price is valuable to me. Gives better reliability than any RAID setup.

• @pcfreak30 said:

@Ympker said:

I like time4vps but I am a fan of ceph and getting ceph backed storage at a good price is valuable to me. Gives better reliability than any RAID setup.

Ok