Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM/KVM and Hetzner - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM/KVM and Hetzner

2»

Comments

• HWADDR=00:1E:67:00:1E:67

change this to the correct MAC of the physical NIC in your server and don't use any fake or virtually generated one.

don't mix this up with virtual MACs solus might generate for the guests...

• @Falzo said:

HWADDR=00:1E:67:00:1E:67

change this to the correct MAC of the physical NIC in your server and don't use any fake or virtually generated one.

don't mix this up with virtual MACs solus might generate for the guests...

In solus we can't set same mac for all the vps.

• I don't know if this some kind of language barrier, but I am not talking about MACs of your guests... you posted your node configs hence why I wanted to know if you have your correct physical MAC in that node config at first.

only if your node MAC is correct but your internal MACs solus assigns to your vps became visible to your router you should read through the hetzner wiki entry regarding the setup.

that /32 netmask in your ifcg-br0 bridge setup only sets one IP instead of the subnet so any other IP may send packets directly to the gateway exposing the internal mac...

• ping4supportping4support Member
    edited October 2016

Can you please guide me any setup to hide the internal mac from the router.

• https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Netzkonfiguration_CentOS/en

read the parts regarding subents. haven't tried it myself cause I don't use solus but debian but I am sure this will work as it is nothing new.

also a good read https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/32361/installing-configuring-kvm-on-ovh-with-solusvm as this covers the same... OVH only uses different gateway IP.

• I've got a new dedicated server from hetzner

I've tried more than once to setup kvm bridge but the server stopped working, solusVM staff did the same twice and the server is not working after saving the eth0 file

any help ?

• @x3host said:
    I've got a new dedicated server from hetzner

I've tried more than once to setup kvm bridge but the server stopped working, solusVM staff did the same twice and the server is not working after saving the eth0 file

any help ?

Post your /etc/network/interfaces