Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes to SparkPost’s service plans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Changes to SparkPost’s service plans

WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Just had email about SparkPost’s service plans 100K free messages/month account

If you’ve ever worked with a member of the SparkPost team, you know how strongly we believe in being transparent about how and why we do business. That’s why I’m writing to you.

SparkPost is adjusting our service plans today. We’re doing it to better fit how our customers use SparkPost and to simplify the range of plans we offer.

As a result, we will no longer offer our “100K free messages/month” plan to new customers, and technical support for this plan will end on October 16, 2017. When you signed up, we promised that if we ever changed the terms of our 100K free plan, we would continue to honor the original plan for the life of the account. I would like to reaffirm this promise: while this plan is no longer available to new customers, you are grandfathered into this level of free sending volume.

I think you’ll agree our updated service offerings continue to deliver more value at a lower cost than any alternative. Among the highlights of our new plans are benefits like:

° Telephone and email support are standard features of every new paid plan.

° Paid plans of 150,000 messages or more per month also include a free dedicated IP address.

If you’re considering migrating to a paid account to take advantage of the improved support and other benefits they offer, we’d like to make it really easy for you: we’re offering current free and paying customers a discountfor the first three months of paid service on a new plan. Upgrade by September 16, 2017, to take advantage of this discount.

Meaning the end of their free plan - similar to sendgrid

Comments

• @WebProject No, existing users still get to keep it.

• @WebProject

Didn't get the email yet, but I do still have an active account. Sweet.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@doghouch said:
    @WebProject No, existing users still get to keep it.

Yep, its exactly the same as sendgrid.

For testing we do have two accounts with them and we had only one email so far, I think they will email shortly everyone.

• @WebProject said:

@doghouch said:
    @WebProject No, existing users still get to keep it.

Yep, its exactly the same as sendgrid.

For testing we do have two accounts with them and we had only one email so far, I think they will email shortly everyone.

Funny thing is, I've never sent an email through SparkPost. (I have the free plan as well)

Thanked by 1Tom