Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centrio Host gone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centrio Host gone?

I ordered an AlphaSSL cert from them at their regular $10 prize (The LET2SSL promo had expired) on Jul 21, then it's been pending till now.

Got no verification mail nor do they ever reply my ticket in past week. Actually the ticket went to automatically closed early today as I updated once 2 days ago and they didn't answer it either.

I had several AlphaSSL certs from their former offer, they work fine and I'm rather happy with that, but If the ticket went to closed again with no reply I'll have to file a paypal dispute, this is not what I'd like to do, so anyone got any news about what happened to them? Are they deadpooled?

ps, @CentrioHost if you're still here, please check ticket #TPA-541926

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

They host over 200k sites? what?

• seems like a well regarded, professional web host.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I have two tickets opened 10 days ago, bought some full price certs and no activation

• @AstroProfundis said:
    I ordered an AlphaSSL cert from them at their regular $10 prize (The LET2SSL promo had expired) on Jul 21, then it's been pending till now.

Got no verification mail nor do they ever reply my ticket in past week. Actually the ticket went to automatically closed early today as I updated once 2 days ago and they didn't answer it either.

I had several AlphaSSL certs from their former offer, they work fine and I'm rather happy with that, but If the ticket went to closed again with no reply I'll have to file a paypal dispute, this is not what I'd like to do, so anyone got any news about what happened to them? Are they deadpooled?

ps, CentrioHost if you're still here, please check ticket #TPA-541926

Totally understand, as I know you are actually buying this for some else free of charge.

• blackblack Member

I think he said something about going on vacation and he'd do another sale in August.

• edited July 2013

@AlexanderM said:
    I have two tickets opened 10 days ago, bought some full price certs and no activation

Quite the same with me.

@sundaymouse said:
    Totally understand, as I know you are actually buying this for some else free of charge.

Thanks.

@black said:
    I think he said something about going on vacation and he'd do another sale in August.

Do you have any link to a comment on LET or an announcement or something? And maybe he could set a auto reply on ticket next vocation, that will make more sense.

• Well, he said he's sold over 2k SSL's, at 2 bucks a piece..that's easy vacation money if true.

• GadGad Member

Same here. Bought one cert three weeks ago , still pending approval. Support ticked with centriohost was closed today with no explanation. I guess I'll wait another few days

• @Gad said:
    I guess I'll wait another few days

Yeah... since he may be just on vocation, not running away...

• blackblack Member

@AstroProfundis
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/294316/#Comment_294316

He says he's leaving the country for some "business work"

Maybe he has no internet connectivity depending on where he went? I'm not sure.

• @black said:
    AstroProfundis
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/294316/#Comment_294316

He says he's leaving the country for some "business work"

Maybe he has no internet connectivity depending on where he went? I'm not sure.

Got it, that can explain this issue somehow, I'll wait for more days :)

• TsumeTsume Member
    edited July 2013

All I'm gonna say is... I told you so, similar, only thing is it's been what? 3-4 weeks, and never received my cert from them. The guy is a cheat, I don't know how he got those certs at such a low market price, but I doubt it was through legit channels, otherwise everyone would be doing it. Companies big and small, on top of a slew of sites across the internet with people claiming similar experiences. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but until then. Yup. I told you so. Twice even.

• @Tsume said:
    All I'm gonna say is... I told you so, similar, only thing is it's been what? 3-4 weeks, and never received my cert from them. The guy is a cheat, I don't know how he got those certs at such a low market price, but I doubt it was through legit channels, otherwise everyone would be doing it. Companies big and small, on top of a slew of sites across the internet with people claiming similar experiences. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but until then. Yup. I told you so. Twice even.

I got 2 SSLs from them.
    Still working fine.

• @Bogdacutuu said:
    Still working fine.

Yes the certs from them are working fine, they just not processing new ones...

• TsumeTsume Member

I never said they didn't work. I'm well aware, they work. I was simply questioning the channels in which he got them, which seems sketchy to me. But maybe it's because he took my money and never gave me one in return, so I feel compelled to point out the obvious. Had I received one like everyone else, I'd be just like you. I wouldn't care rather or not it's legit, only that it works.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I haven't sent my certificate data... DId I just lost 2.5 usd?

• @Tsume said:
    I never said they didn't work. I'm well aware, they work. I was simply questioning the channels in which he got them, which seems sketchy to me. But maybe it's because he took my money and never gave me one in return, so I feel compelled to point out the obvious. Had I received one like everyone else, I'd be just like you. I wouldn't care rather or not it's legit, only that it works.

There is a legit channel to do that. he just sold at a cheaper promo price.

• sundaymousesundaymouse Member
    edited July 2013

From the approval email globalsign sent to domain admin:

`...
    Make sure your browser address bar contains the complete unbroken URL.

For your information, the Applicant has provided the following details:

Domain Name: *************
    Applicant Email Address: [email protected]

If you have any questions about this application, please contact us using the details below.

Kind Regards,
    `

This means that they are obtaining certs from Globalsign directly, not from third party.

• nixcomnixcom Member

Any news from them?

• TsumeTsume Member

@peppr I'm very interested in knowing how.

• Last Active July 19

• I was outside country from July 21 to August 5, so all orders meanwhile was not processed and was refunded accordingly if any dispute placed. Others order was activated today. @AstroProfundis

• welcome back :P

• @AlexanderM Open ticket to provisions department regarding your order, if not activated / refunded during vacation. As ssl activation directly handled by me. I was on vacation outside country since last 15 days.

@netomx Tickets are welcome.

• @CentrioHost said:
    I was outside country from July 21 to August 5, so all orders meanwhile was not processed and was refunded accordingly if any dispute placed. Others order was activated today. AstroProfundis

Welcome back :) I think the ticket I mentioned in OP is still open.

@CentrioHost ticket sent :)

• @AstroProfundis Authorization Mail sent. @netomx If you have any ticket unanswered you may contact me on PM.

@CentrioHost saw your reply.