Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Down?

Suddenly lost all peering to OVH services and all of my dedicated servers. Can't even open their website up. I'm able to use all other websites and services just fine. Maybe my ISP fucked up something.

Anyone else has issues with OVH?

Comments

• twiigltwiigl Member
    edited August 2017

Can't even open their website up.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ovh.com

Currently: It's just you. ovh.com is up.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • all available here...

• stefeman said: Maybe my ISP fucked up something

Try using a vpn/different browser.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2017

Yeah works again now. There was network loop briefly on Telia edge routers as I tried tracerouting.

• WSSWSS Member

No, OVH is down, much like InterNAP, Cogent, and MCI.

• @WSS said:

Though thats not even 1% of the internet.. xD

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • @stefeman said:

@WSS said:

Though thats not even 1% of the internet.. xD

But enough to send everyone into a panic.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

OVH was giving me massive packet loss the other day too. But I just blamed my ISP / transit out of AU....

I suspect their network is under a bit of pressure with the DC roll outs.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

@SplitIce said:
    OVH was giving me massive packet loss the other day too. But I just blamed my ISP / transit out of AU....

I suspect their network is under a bit of pressure with the DC roll outs.

What datacenter and what monitoring you using? I never noticed any issues with any of mine in Mtl/Fra/Sng, no complaints from clients either, unless it wasn't TCP.

Thanked by 1MaikoB

@MikeA RBX and for monitoring regular old ping to diagnose why a download was going slow.

edited August 2017

@SplitIce said:
    @MikeA RBX and for monitoring regular old ping to diagnose why a download was going slow.

Maybe it was ICMP only? or maybe isolated issue. I am setting up an additional server in Dallas for monitoring anyways to make sure there is no fault in my current monitoring setups.

SplitIce said: to diagnose why a download was going slow

@MikeA go drink some coffee. I don't know anything that downloads over ICMP.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • when @op posted this I can't reach OVH.com too.

from few times OVH had problem I notice @MikeA said he never had problem. I didn't know he just lucky or a fan boy.

Currently I test my OVH SG, but their speed so inconsistent, random packet loss, bad routing or full b/w because sometimes I got ping > 90 ms while normally < 20 ms

• There's A LOT of maintenance for the past few weeks. We upgrade like every single routers we have to be on the same software version everywhere, with the same set of features, etc.

Maybe you have some impact because of them ? You can check on http://travaux.ovh.net / http://status.ovh.net if there is an incident or maintenance ongoing when that's happening.

• Its always good to first check status page to see if there is any maintenance going on. :)

• @sibaper said:
    when @op posted this I can't reach OVH.com too.

Strange, did not hear of a WW issue like that in the past few days :(

from few times OVH had problem I notice @MikeA said he never had problem. I didn't know he just lucky or a fan boy.

Actually, maybe lucky. My servers in FR are never down never and my monitoring never report an incident. The last one I had was like 5 min of random packet loss... and it was because of the server was having an hardware issues, fixed after replacing CPU Cooling (server was throttling and too much load on it because of that).

Currently I test my OVH SG, but their speed so inconsistent, random packet loss, bad routing or full b/w because sometimes I got ping > 90 ms while normally < 20 ms

When you have ANY network issue, try to ALWAYS do an MTR or a traceroute. That's help a lot to find where the issues is. And if you have issue with SG servers, drop me a PM.

@SplitIce said:

SplitIce said: to diagnose why a download was going slow

@MikeA go drink some coffee. I don't know anything that downloads over ICMP.

I don't like coffee, maybe that's the issue.

Thanked by 1Zerpy
  • I can't see how @MikeA would not experience issues just for being a fanboy?

Joke aside - I also do not experience issues unless OVH really manages to take down their network (happened a few times), but when that happens, it's clear to everyone there was downtime, because OVH makes sure it impacts at least 50k+ servers at a time :-D

Now, I happen to run smokeping constantly towards OVH infrastructure, and the only time I saw minor packet loss and increased response times was on the 10th of august:

That however wasn't the case from other datacenters where I also perform tests, so could even just be leaseweb -> OVH connection temporarily.

But maybe my smokeping is also a fanboy.

• @MaikoB said:
    When you have ANY network issue, try to ALWAYS do an MTR or a traceroute. That's help a lot to find where the issues is. And if you have issue with SG servers, drop me a PM.

I do, nothing wrong with traceroute, same path only high latency. since its only on random time didn't bother to submit ticket.

@Zerpy read @MaikoB reply above OVH had a lot maintenance

I said he lucky or just fanboy? you only pick the fanboy part

• @sibaper said:

@MaikoB said:

I do, nothing wrong with traceroute, same path only high latency. since its only on random time didn't bother to submit ticket.

And where is located the latency increased on this traceroute / mtr ?

That's will give you an hint on where it is : OVH backbone ? A precise equipment INSIDE OVH network ? Or is it inside your ISP ?

That's the first step to diagnose an issue like that and get it resolve... and avoid to say that the issue is because of X when it's not.

• @sibaper said:
    @Zerpy read @MaikoB reply above OVH had a lot maintenance

I said he lucky or just fanboy? you only pick the fanboy part

I get an email every time something is posted on travaux.ovh.net, I'm well aware of their maintenances ;) And it's completely fine with me - I'm not super picky.

• TomTom Member

@Zerpy said:
    I get an email every time something is posted on travaux.ovh.net

How have yer done this? :-)

• @Tom said:

@Zerpy said:

I asked on the [email protected] mailing list if anyone knew a service that could send email, someone there runs a tool that parses the RSS feed into a nice format, something like this:

• TomTom Member

@Zerpy said:

@Tom said:

@Zerpy said:

I asked on the [email protected] mailing list if anyone knew a service that could send email, someone there runs a tool that parses the RSS feed into a nice format, something like this:

Huh, that's a pretty nice format.

• @MaikoB said:

@sibaper said:

@MaikoB said:

And where is located the latency increased on this traceroute / mtr ?

That's will give you an hint on where it is : OVH backbone ? A precise equipment INSIDE OVH network ? Or is it inside your ISP ?

That's the first step to diagnose an issue like that and get it resolve... and avoid to say that the issue is because of X when it's not.

yesterday, and few days before there's a problem after left equinix, but now its no problem since I dont save the result I can't show you anything.

I'll send you pm when I saw these problem again