Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does delimiter have DDOS protection?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does delimiter have DDOS protection?

I contacted them a week ago and i still dont have a response, do they offer DDOS protection on their dedicated servers?

Also is the company dead?

Comments

• If they don't answer it doesn't mean they're dead, If they have DDoS protection they will list it on thier site.

• Stay clear of Delimiter. They don't answer support tickets either.

• @magicvpn @Xenos

Yeah its thats what i thought, its a shame because their Atlanta servers are only $50.

• Quickpacket can probably match that price in. Atlanta. @qps

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Xenos said: Quickpacket can probably match that price in. Atlanta.

It is possible. QuickPacket has Voxility DDoS filtering available for $25 per month per server. @Alpine Please feel free to PM me directly for a quote.

Thanks

Thanked by 1jEp
  • @Xenos said:
    Stay clear of Delimiter. They don't answer support tickets either.

Never had a support ticket not answered. They've always sorted any issue I've had quickly (usually within 12 hours for anything non-urgent) and I'm on one of their $20 servers. They're not dead, they just don't show much interest in low value users.

• wwabbitwwabbit Member
    edited August 2017

From my experience with Delimiter, Support tickets generally do get answered within some variable amount of time. Sales tickets I find that they do answer you if the answer is "yes we can do that for you" and ignore you if the answer is "no we can't do that for you".

Seems consistent with your query regarding DDOS protection.

• @kingjj said:

@Xenos said:

Never had a support ticket not answered. They've always sorted any issue I've had quickly (usually within 12 hours for anything non-urgent) and I'm on one of their $20 servers. They're not dead, they just don't show much interest in low value users.

This!

@Xenos ticket obviously didn't get answered because he asked a stupid question, or was deemed a low value users. However, I used them in the past to setup a kubernetes cluster for a couple of months to try out different providers. They will help you with stuff like that, if you need several boxes to setup for a kubernetes cluster, or some massive ETL pipeline or data processing. Anything else, they will ignore you for sure.

Thanked by 1Xenos
  • @IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    @Xenos ticket obviously didn't get answered because he asked a stupid question, or was deemed a low value users.

Your assumptions are incorrect. I didn't want anything to do with Delimiter due to the way Mike and Mark belittled other providers. There's plenty of threads here and WHT regarding tickets not being answered. They shouldn't sell LE* if they aren't going to support it.

• AlpineAlpine Member
    edited August 2017

@kingjj said:

@Xenos said:

Its been 5 days if they want to act professional they should at least answer with a simple yes or no. Also how am i a "low value user" that makes no sense at all.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Alpine said:

@kingjj said:

@Xenos said:

Its been 5 days if they want to act professional they should at least answer with a simple yes or no. Also how am i a "low value user" that makes no sense at all.

Like OVH does, especially on SYS, right ?

• @Clouvider said:

@Alpine said:

@kingjj said:

@Xenos said:

Like OVH does, especially on SYS, right ?

Ouch

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I know the feeling.

Well, if you expect them to respond in a timely manner, and they are not responding to the sales ticket, then I think it's safe to assume that the support might not be better unfortunately.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Alpine said:

@kingjj said:

@Xenos said:

Wasn't implying your good self there, just a general observation. Are you using the new client panel or the old one? They are only checking the old one irregularly now it seems. I've had good response's also from their Twitter account in the past.

• As far as I can remember they'll nullroute your IP when you get hit.

• lay295lay295 Member
    edited August 2017

From when I was a customer back in 2015 from running game servers I had constant null routes. I didn't expect my gaming community to grow so much and it became an issue. I don't blame Delimiter though, they were pretty helpful.

• @lay295 said:
    From when I was a customer back in 2015 from running game servers I had constant null routes. I didn't expect my gaming community to grow so much and it became an issue. I don't blame Delimiter though, they were pretty helpful.

I highly doubt that your server was ranked as #1 on highest level of incoming attacks .

• lay295lay295 Member
    edited August 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@lay295 said:

I highly doubt that your server was ranked as #1 on highest level of incoming attacks .

I dunno, just posting what I had. Our community still does get daily DDoS though unfortunately. They probably just said I was #1 to get me off their network.