Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now nocix server with 100TB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Now nocix server with 100TB

From now nocix all server with free100TB traffic .

Comments

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

So they're overselling their already oversold network even further? :)

• @BunnySpeed said:
    So they're overselling their already oversold network even further? :)

I just ran a speedtest, and it's indeed hilarious, my phone's internet connection is generally faster here in the middle of Ghana

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep

35MB/s from Denver, not that bad.

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

Yeah, it seems that it depends a bit on where you're testing from. I tried it from LA and was getting 600kb/s.

• Interesting so if I can burn 100TB in a month they won't suspend me? I do not want their bills at all.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

@AuroraZ said:
    Interesting so if I can burn 100TB in a month they won't suspend me? I do not want their bills at all.

Interesting to see if you even will be able to at the speeds others are mentioning.

• Clouvider said: Interesting to see if you even will be able to at the speeds others are mentioning.

Very true, which begs the question why even make the statement of offering it in the first place.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@AuroraZ said:

Clouvider said: Interesting to see if you even will be able to at the speeds others are mentioning.

Very true, which begs the question why even make the statement of offering it in the first place.

Marketing! Marketing team run the world!!!

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • I used them for more than 8 months (was DataShack back then) but the network was getting shittier after that... Had to change host.

• davidgestiondbi said: Marketing! Marketing team run the world!!!

I can agree to that, but they need to think up something new or innovative not the same shit different day.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Yes, no matter how many times they re-market it's still the same.

• surprising solid network speed (for a US host) for their speedtest files from here https://www.nocix.net/network/
    Unitymedia 420 MBit/s
    online.net 350 MBit/s
    Leaseweb FRA 950 MBit/s
    MyLoc 200 MBit/s

Are these premium links and they give customers a worse network or why everybody does here complain over their network speed? Or is the speed to europe better than to US from their network?

• ZerpyZerpy Member
    edited August 2017

@user54321 said:
    surprising solid network speed (for a US host) for their speedtest files from here https://www.nocix.net/network/
    Unitymedia 420 MBit/s
    online.net 350 MBit/s
    Leaseweb FRA 950 MBit/s
    MyLoc 200 MBit/s

In my case:

• Leaseweb FRA: 25.3 megabit (Premium network)
    • Leaseweb NL: 27.6 megabit (Premium network)
    • Leaseweb NL: 27.3 megabit (Volume network)
    • Online.net FR: 203 megabit
    • Online.net NL: 200 megabit
    • Hetzner: 99 megabit
    • OVH: 208 megabit
    • KPN: 16 megabit (I get 200+ megabit to a bunch of US hosts)

So online.net, and OVH are decent

However the box is in US, so let's focus on US:

• Washington (HostUS): 71 megabit
    • Los Angeles (Ramnode): 103 megabit
    • Los Angeles (Ethernetservers): 23 megabit
    • Dallas (HostUS): 216 megabit
    • Miami (Vultr): 4.8 megabit
    • Seattle (Oneprovider): 14.4 megabit
    • BHS (OVH): 90 megabit

I'd say for a US provider, it kinda suck that in a bunch of locations we can't even get past 100 megabit, or even 20 megabit in some cases.

Also remember everything above (but KPN) is DCs, not consumer connections, so the picture might be very different.

• user54321user54321 Member
    edited August 2017

If i test now i only get a tenth of the speed i got 4 hours ago, i get it ,i must have tested at a time when they had very low utilisation of their uplinks.

Thanked by 1Aidan