Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best VPN provider for a dedicated server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best VPN provider for a dedicated server?

Hi,

Can someone recommend a good VPN provider to route a dedicated server through (1Gbps connection)? I've been toying with doing it for a while on one of my dev servers but always worried about the speed loss.

I was thinking best option would be to get a server of similar network and set OpenVPN up on that and use that as my main VPN :)

Ideally would prefer to use a company though and just pay X amount a month and forget about it once connected

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

1G unmetered costs a lot.

Perhaps take a dedicated server with a company that has network good enough that you don't need a VPN ?

Like with us for example :p

• VPN Provider? Just use softlayer..

• Gerrard8 said: ... OpenVPN ...

maybe shadowsocks with annual NAT server (limited bandwidth/speed though)

• @cheapwebdev said:
    VPN Provider? Just use softlayer..

He wants to pay "X amount" a month. I don't think you can get anything at softlayer without minimum "XXX amount" a month.

• @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    VPN Provider? Just use softlayer..

He wants to pay "X amount" a month. I don't think you can get anything at softlayer without minimum "XXX amount" a month.

Apologies, I meant softether. Get a LEB and install it.

• Gerrard8 said: Can someone recommend a good VPN provider to route a dedicated server through (1Gbps connection)?

Aside of the Gbit price i hope you have really good CPUs. Our 4th gen i3 router caps openvpn at merely 100Mbit, with AES/AES-NI...