Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS provider

BluBoyBluBoy Member
edited July 2013 in Requests

Lookng for the VPS provider with the following requirements (each point is in order of preference)

• In Seattle, San Jose, LA or Asia
  • KVM or OpenVZ (should be ok with me running php/mysql scripts with a nice 19)
  • 1Gb+ or 512Mb of RAM
  • 3+ CPU Cores
  • 100Gb+ HDD
  • 1000Gb+ Tansfer
  • 1000Mbps or 100Mbps port speed

I'm happy to pay 3,6,12 months in advanced, but looking to spend no more than ~$40 per year.

Comments

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

We can offer you the following:

LA OpenVZ, 1 GB of RAM, 2 CPU Cores, 100 GB of HDD, 2048 GB of Bandwidth => $25.00 Annually or $2.50 /Mo.

PM me if you want one and I'll give you the coupon.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

Hi BlueVM,

I intend to run a CPU intensive script at a very low priority, and I don't believe your OpenVZ plans are able to handle this too well.

For everyone else, please note that I have edited my initial post (increasing CPU cores from 2 to 3), just to emphasise the importance of this.

• awsonawson Member

VPS

CPU intensive script

Uh oh

• @BluBoy said:
    Hi BlueVM,

I intend to run a CPU intensive script at a very low priority, and I don't believe your OpenVZ plans are able to handle this too well.

For everyone else, please note that I have edited my initial post (increasing CPU cores from 2 to 3), just to emphasise the importance of this.

You want to use 2-3 cores all the time for $40/year, which is less than $4/month. Not that realistic for the locations you're looking for. OVH is your friend.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

@awson said:
    Uh oh

Yea, I know it's a bit of a concern, but I am being upfront about it all. Also, the speed does not concern me too much, I will quite happily run it at with 'nice 19', to only chew up spare cycles. It will not affect other users on the node.

• PatsPats Member

@BlueVM said:

LA OpenVZ, 1 GB of RAM, 2 CPU Cores, 100 GB of HDD, 2048 GB of Bandwidth => $25.00 Annually or $2.50 /Mo.

i need that !! :)

• You may want to see if you can get an old box from someone in the area like a pent 4 or Celeron to do it on.

• As long as you don't cross the line over into abuse, I'd be willing to take you on. However, $40/yr doesn't get the specs you need from any reputable provider. My list price for a plan like this is around $20/month, but I'm more than willing to haggle. Feel free to PM me. :)

• @DVPS_Jack said:
    I'm more than willing to haggle.

I get the feeling he might want to haggle the location away from Kansas City and towards SEA/LAX/SJC..

• Gah! I feel dumb. I didn't even see the location requirement. Meh. My offer still stands, even if it's ~300 miles away. :)

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

Nice offer, but I'm hoping to stick to cable landing points on the west.

Also, for what it's worth, with my current provider, I'm running with a cpu limit of 50%, nice 19 and a few sleep commands in the script... In other words, I am open to being as low impact as possible (would really like to remove that cpulimit command, as I believe it is more troublesome than what it's worth though. (happy to implement any other provider recommendations as well)

In the past month, my single core usage has not exceeded 0.55 (and 1 of 3 cores is idle ~75% of the time). Also this script is likely to be finished with in the near future.

• PatsPats Member

@BlueVM said:

@BlueVM no response?? don't worry my usage is not CPU intensive..
    its for normal webhosting 50% time and idle'ing 50% or more time .. :P

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

@Pats said:
    its for normal webhosting 50% time and idle'ing 50% or more time .. :P

Isn't responding to me either... I thought it was just me :)

• PatsPats Member

@BluBoy said:
    Isn't responding to me either... I thought it was just me :)

oic... maybe wkend partying & Hangover still not over.. :)

• We offer 2 plans that's are similar to your require just compare and tell us if we can help you , All our vps hosting are 5 days money back guaranteed
    http://www.wcloudhosting.com/premium-vps-hosting
    http://www.wcloudhosting.com/power-vps-hosting

• @WCloudHosting said:
    We offer 2 plans that's are similar to your require just compare and tell us if we can help you , All our vps hosting are 5 days money back guaranteed
    http://www.wcloudhosting.com/premium-vps-hosting
    http://www.wcloudhosting.com/power-vps-hosting

He clearly said no more than $40 per year

Also your packages are overpriced.

• PatsPats Member

@Pats said:
    oic... maybe wkend partying & Hangover still not over.. :)

@BluBoy got any message frm @BlueVM or he's still missing??

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

Nothing yet. Was going to give it a few days then open a ticket (already a current customer)

• So you already found your new VPS provider?

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

I'm still looking. Was going to consider a dedicated box as I wasn't getting much of a response here

• Well you won't get responses due to unrealistic requirements for those prices

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

I'm not convinced. I already have a higher spec'ed box from one of the higher rated providers around here. Was looking for a secondary box with a separate provide as redundancy.

• @BluBoy said:
    I'm not convinced. I already have a higher spec'ed box from one of the higher rated providers around here. Was looking for a secondary box with a separate provide as redundancy.

No, your spec is fine - it was just the intensive CPU warning that ran alerts.

• BluBoyBluBoy Member

I think I used the wrong wording to be honest.
    The way I am running it, I will probably be one of the least resource hogging users on there.