Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phone Suggestion | Xiaomi Redmin Note 4x | Asus zenfone 2 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Phone Suggestion | Xiaomi Redmin Note 4x | Asus zenfone 2

2»

Comments

• I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4 and I love it. Good choice.

I'd like a better camera though. I liked the LG G4 one.

• I heard the camera on the moto g5 plus is great despite no OIS.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Go for the snapdragon one :)

• @MikePT said:

Yes I went for the snap dragon one

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@noaman said:

@MikePT said:

Yes I went for the snap dragon one

Excellent choice!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I use only "normal" phones that do the job although the 3d feature is nice: https://www.tomtop.com/p-p1620b-eu.html
    I paid for mine 87 USD at joybuy (jd.com but they dont seem to have it now) and it looks like much more expensive, metallic back, great screen, no control issues, battery lasting half a day in game mode and many days (frankly it never discharged completely except when i was playing games during long trips and such), but i think it should easily pass 3 days in phone and occasional browsing mode when looking for directions. As usual, shipping here takes 1 month if you choose the free shipping, but other than that and the very bad cord for the charger which was probably defective, everything else was great, the silicon hum, how you call it, well, protective stuff that you can apply to the back in case you drop it and the 2 screen protection sheets that came with it free made up for the 10 cents cord i had to replace after 2 days.

It has LTE, good signal, clear screen even in the sun on the beach i could still play games and it does not overheat even with the silicone back on.
    My problem is that i drop them very often and i dont want to pay a lot for a phone in order to regret it later, but this i really liked, after arrival i was close to ordering another to have as a back-up...

• DataRecoveryDataRecovery Member
    edited October 2017

Be sure to keep in mind that Xiaomi phones regularly send god knows what god knows where. And I don't mean cloud sync.

Moreover, that behavior is rather hard to overcome, as there are about 80 (eighty) different servers (Amazon cloud mostly) phone will be connecting to.

As a beginning you can check this thread on Xiaomi forum and google AnalyticsCore.apk

Thanked by 1dergelbe
  • My Xiaomi RMnote3 is running great since April '16. I always try to charge before it hits 40% battery.

You can bet I'm never buying another large device with any sub-4000mah battery.

• @DataRecovery said:
    Be sure to keep in mind that Xiaomi phones regularly send god knows what god knows where. And I don't mean cloud sync.

Moreover, that behavior is rather hard to overcome, as there are about 80 (eighty) different servers (Amazon cloud mostly) phone will be connecting to.

As a beginning you can check this thread on Xiaomi forum and google AnalyticsCore.apk

Good finding!

I think the Xiaomi A1 (with pure Android) might be safer for that problem.

• WSSWSS Member

@DataRecovery said:

You could always half your budget and buy Blu from Amazon which does similarly..

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I vote for iPhone. ;-)

• Go for SnapDragon SoC for better development.

And Android One from Xiaomi is a good choice too.

• @JerryHou said:
    Go for SnapDragon SoC for better development.

And Android One from Xiaomi is a good choice too.

I Guess I need to say this again

I HAVE BOUGHT THE PHONE

I just bumped it up so I could let everybody know

Also I am going to flash new xiaomi miui 9 rom into it but waiting for the stable version :-)

• @dergelbe said:

Good finding!

I think the Xiaomi A1 (with pure Android) might be safer for that problem.

This isn't the worst one, though.
    The best experiment would be capturing bandwidth from a brand new smartphone, right when you'll be turning it on for the first time.

File(-s) that it will download and overall logs will be even more fascinating.

As for the A1, yes, I also have the same hopes for it. Actually, that's the first Chinese phone I consider buying.

With all the craziness around ugly screen shapes (new iPhone and Essential) and 3.5mm jack removal, this model has a good classic set of features, that a heterosexual, non-hipsterish man would expect from his phone.

• +1 for Xiaomi Mi A1.

• Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (X is not needed, you need Snapdragon chip, not x20-x25) is outstanding,
    battery life is amazing, whole my family use it, and we started from Note 3
    Intel chips consumes a LOT of energy, slow and overheats

• After 18 months the on/off switch on my Xiaomi Note 2 didn't work, the battery was swollen and lasted 3 hours max. Around $35 to fix both so now fine but this might be my last Hongmi.

• rajprakash said: I heard the camera on the moto g5 plus is great despite no OIS.

You'd likely want to stop listening to whatever is telling you that then: I tried it and found it to take pictures equivalent of a child's crayon drawing in nearly all conditions.

I went with an Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom, and while it's got some problems too, the cameras are superb.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

steerpike said: both so now fine but this might be my last Hongmi.

same happening with iphone 8

• pikepike Veteran
    edited October 2017

I like the Blackberry Q10. Currently using a Blackberry Curve but from time to time I look at the eBay prices for Q10 (30€-60€).

I don't like Android based mobiles, but if this wouldn't matter I would go for a Kyocera Torque.

Thanked by 1Maounique