Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Node.Js/Angular JS guy here ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Node.Js/Angular JS guy here ?

2»

Comments

• It had schema but something about relation with other tables which I didn't understood.

Even after a buggy restore, their were tables with columns which seem'ed fine. Could also be an error with other part of application.

• @WSS said:
    Did you get the complete schema dump or did you recreate it from eyeballing it?

No idea, I just got a zip file with the db and site files from their old developer.

• WSSWSS Member

Is there a chance that the old schema used both upper-and-lowercase for table names? If not, look for a schema.mytable. It sounds like the export may not be complete.

• @WSS said:
    Is there a chance that the old schema used both upper-and-lowercase for table names? If not, look for a schema.mytable. It sounds like the export may not be complete.

All lowercase, dump was complete as their is -- PostgreSQL database dump complete on bottom. It seem to give errors on Sequence and relation as I said before.

• WSSWSS Member

Either the schemas' relations weren't public, or they weren't declared, or something else. Your best bet is to get a complete redump. pg_dumpall would get everything necessary, where pg_dump doesn't dump tablespace or roles.

• @WSS said:
    Either the schemas' relations weren't public, or they weren't declared, or something else. Your best bet is to get a complete redump. pg_dumpall would get everything necessary, where pg_dump doesn't dump tablespace or roles.

Not possible. The previous server is not available.

• WSSWSS Member

Look for an 'information_schema' in your dump. If it doesn't exist, you're not going to get this working without recreating the schema by hand.

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited August 2017

@WSS said:

See, tables and columns seems to be restored. Owner is su which I can try to change?

• WSSWSS Member

That looks OK, as long as you have/are recreating the whole ordeal. Without looking at the dump, I'm flying just as blind.

• jetchiragjetchirag Member
    edited August 2017

@WSS said:
    That looks OK, as long as you have/are recreating the whole ordeal. Without looking at the dump, I'm flying just as blind.

It was version incompatibility. Now it imported flawlessly but throwing

Unhandled rejection SequelizeConnectionError: Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

Tried all ways to change password :(

Edit: it's working via cli but not localhost connection

• WSSWSS Member

So, fix your perms. I assume you've setup pg_hba.conf correctly..

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • iwebworldinfoiwebworldinfo Member
    edited August 2017

this blog providing good information To learn NodeJS visit contact:

• WSSWSS Member
    edited August 2017

@iwebworldinfo said:
    I like eating penis. If you enjoy penis, is the best place for gay dicks. Gay dicks with diseases. If you enjoy diseased gay dicks, you should contact:

Flagged as a self-spamming cuntlick.

Thanked by 1Junkless