Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QPS network problem?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QPS network problem?

dnwkdnwk Member
edited July 2013 in Help

@qps Does Quick Packet have some network problem? My server is hit or miss for a while.

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

Have you heard of tickets?

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • dnwkdnwk Member
    edited July 2013

@Ishaq said:
    Have you heard of tickets?

Their site is down too, when my server is not accessible.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@dnwk said:
    Their site is down too, when my server is not accessible.

I did not notice, sorry.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited July 2013

@asterisk14 Do you have ideas how to do Asterisk failover?

I just migrate my asterisk to QPS today. And its have trouble right now.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited July 2013

At the moment, I have 3 installs on separate VPSes and my sip devices are registered to one of the VPS and my failover is manual (ie if the VPS dies I have to manually change the SIPserver IP in the sip device at home) which I have not had to do so far.

I am thinking of setting up a domain name and using rage4 DNS + uptimerobot for automatic-ish failover but have not got around to it.

The best thing is to have 2 asterisk servers as a minimum if you are heavily reliant on VoIP (or atleat have 1 running asterisk and 1 digital ocean server with a saved snapshot that can be brought on line in a few mins if needed).

Still waiting on @sman for voip templates.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

We had a denial of service attack earlier. It was mitigated within a few minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanked by 1dnwk