Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Test NVMe UK Hourly - prem de la prem - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beta Test NVMe UK Hourly - prem de la prem

Comments

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@cpsd said:
    @vmhaus , about ipv4:

is it possible to keep an ipv4 for a couple hours (for ex. 24h) after an Instance is destroyed?
    So in case we create a new one, it will have the same ip.

Or can we write an identification name (for ex. cpsd-1) when we create an Instance? and you will resolve this identication name to the new ipv4.
    If We add a CNAME record into our DNS management to always the same identication name (in my example: cpsd-1.bonsai.vmhaus.com ), we won't care about changing ipv4.

Would reserved IPs for a small hourly fee be what you are wanting? $0.50-1.50/month (billed hourly)

We could cook this up in a few days if this is what you are looking for

• @vmhaus said:

@cpsd said:
    @vmhaus , about ipv4:

is it possible to keep an ipv4 for a couple hours (for ex. 24h) after an Instance is destroyed?
    So in case we create a new one, it will have the same ip.

Or can we write an identification name (for ex. cpsd-1) when we create an Instance? and you will resolve this identication name to the new ipv4.
    If We add a CNAME record into our DNS management to always the same identication name (in my example: cpsd-1.bonsai.vmhaus.com ), we won't care about changing ipv4.

Would reserved IPs for a small hourly fee be what you are wanting? $0.50-1.50/month (billed hourly)

We could cook this up in a few days if this is what you are looking for

It would be also great if you support floating IPs :)

Update time:

@sanvit said:

It would be also great if you support floating IPs :)

Currently looking at exclusively reserved IPs. This would allow you to select a specific IP you can provision the VM on. Floating IPs are a good idea but on the future roadmap, we have many more features before then.

We have just added CentOS 7. We look forward to adding CentOS 6, Debian 8 and Ubuntu 14 over the upcoming days.

We did miss this out from our original post and I'll sort of highlight this now. We aren't here to fight Vultr,DO or the other hourly guys. We are here because we don't feel Virtualizor and WHMCS are the right move forward. They are extremely restricting in the path we wish to take, it was during original brainstorming we also felt adding hourly billing would expand our feature set.

• Hi,I want a test.

@lyekumchew said:
    Hi,I want a test.

Hello, I have updated your ticket.

• Timtimo13Timtimo13 Member
    edited August 2017

Why do I need to fill anything into address field #2?
    I don't have anything to fill into. I placed anything in it.

Shall I? :3

• MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
    edited August 2017

I thought that's everything, but nope. Yet another detail :/

It might be worth to go through all of your e-mails temaples as well as all suggestions in this thread.

Edit: Thanks for adding CentOS :3

• MrPsycho said: Edit: Thanks for adding CentOS :3

They added Centos 3 for you? Awesomeness.

• @AuroraZ said:

MrPsycho said: Edit: Thanks for adding CentOS :3

*for everyone

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • cpsdcpsd Member

New problem: I have tried for several days (in both 512 and 1024mb ram environments) the Ubuntu 16 template running a very basic Spring Boot application (Java). And after some idle time, my app freezes (the OS keeps running) and I have to reboot. after the reboot it runs fine for a while again. I have been using this app for several months in 512mb OVZ machines from virmach or ginernet without any problem.
    I am testing the same app now with your Debian 9 template since yesterday and it is working.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@cpsd said:
    New problem: I have tried for several days (in both 512 and 1024mb ram environments) the Ubuntu 16 template running a very basic Spring Boot application (Java). And after some idle time, my app freezes (the OS keeps running) and I have to reboot. after the reboot it runs fine for a while again. I have been using this app for several months in 512mb OVZ machines from virmach or ginernet without any problem.
    I am testing the same app now with your Debian 9 template since yesterday and it is working.

And you imply that what exactly is the problem on provider's end ?

• cpsdcpsd Member

Perhaps there is some kind of memory or processes management problem on those Ubuntu 16 templates or how they are deployed.

I've just asked if I can use a second instance to compare it with the working Debian 9.

Thanks. Regards.

@Clouvider said:
    And you imply that what exactly is the problem on provider's end ?

• @doghouch said:

@AuroraZ said:

MrPsycho said: Edit: Thanks for adding CentOS :3

*for everyone

I think you failed the joke

• cpsdcpsd Member

Maybe I found out the cause.

"Avoiding JVM Delays Caused by Random Number Generation"

".. on some operating systems /dev/random waits for a certain amount of "noise" to be generated on the host machine before returning a result."

"Tomcat 7+ heavily relies on SecureRandom class to provide random values for its session ids and in other places. Depending on your JRE it can cause delays during startup if entropy source that is used to initialize SecureRandom is short of entropy. You will see warning in the logs when this happens, e.g.:
    org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGenerator createSecureRandom
    INFO: Creation of SecureRandom instance for session ID generation using [SHA1PRNG] took [5172] milliseconds.
    There is a way to configure JRE to use a non-blocking entropy source by setting the following system property: -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom"

"Had experience with apps hanging anywhere between 30 seconds and 15 minutes (or maybe more, but got killed).
    From the other post that shares details:
    Without this, Java uses /dev/random to seed its SecureRandom class, which can cause Java code to block unexpectedly.
    Alternatively, in the $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/java.security configuration file, add the line securerandom.source=file:/dev/./urandom"

@cpsd said:
    Perhaps there is some kind of memory or processes management problem on those Ubuntu 16 templates or how they are deployed.

Update time:

Emails revived, gravatar added.

Over the upcoming days (tomorrow hopefully) some new features should be on their way.

Thanked by 1williclarkam
  • When power on/off, it must have alert!

• niknik Member, Host Rep

What happens if one drive fails? Do you have to reboot the whole server? Or are those NVMe drives not running in raid?

@endlesslhk said:
    When power on/off, it must have alert!

It does have an alert. We are aware of the issue you are facing.

@nik said:
    What happens if one drive fails? Do you have to reboot the whole server? Or are those NVMe drives not running in raid?

If one of the drives fail we have to take the node offline whilst it is replaced. We do have live migration in place along with daily backups in case of a RAID failure. We will also offer users the opportunity to create backups and store them themselves in the future.

We are aware due to the lack of hotswap it may incur downtime. Likely hood is we are able to spot a faulty drive long before it requires a node reboot and we are able to migrate you to another node seamlessly.

Also to update users. We are aware of a couple of instability issue occurring over the past 24 hours. We have identified the issue and are working to resolve this very quickly. We estimate 2-4 hours depending on issues during testing

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@vmhaus said:

@endlesslhk said:

@nik said:

If one of the drives fail we have to take the node offline whilst it is replaced. We do have live migration in place along with daily backups in case of a RAID failure. We will also offer users the opportunity to create backups and store them themselves in the future.

We are aware due to the lack of hotswap it may incur downtime. Likely hood is we are able to spot a faulty drive long before it requires a node reboot and we are able to migrate you to another node seamlessly.

Also to update users. We are aware of a couple of instability issue occurring over the past 24 hours. We have identified the issue and are working to resolve this very quickly. We estimate 2-4 hours depending on issues during testing

Thanks for answering and your honesty. What RAID are those NVMe drives using?

@nik said:

@vmhaus said:

@endlesslhk said:

@nik said:

Thanks for answering and your honesty. What RAID are those NVMe drives using?

As stated further up MicroClouds have a support for just 2 NVMe disks. We use RAID 1.

• @vmhaus is the notifications page meant to have a 404 error page show up? Keep getting that when I click on it. It would be nice if the panel displays the new password when reinstalling so I'm not required to pull up my email to get the password for it.

@Edmond said:
    @vmhaus is the notifications page meant to have a 404 error page show up? Keep getting that when I click on it. It would be nice if the panel displays the new password when reinstalling so I'm not required to pull up my email to get the password for it.

We do not store the password anywhere on our system. Upon machine creation/reinstallation it is sent to your email. We do not store passwords anywhere and for security reasons we do not intend too.

• @vmhaus said:

@Edmond said:
    @vmhaus is the notifications page meant to have a 404 error page show up? Keep getting that when I click on it. It would be nice if the panel displays the new password when reinstalling so I'm not required to pull up my email to get the password for it.

We do not store the password anywhere on our system. Upon machine creation/reinstallation it is sent to your email. We do not store passwords anywhere and for security reasons we do not intend too.

I guess he meant more like a sweetalert notification to inform him of his vps password instead of checking his email.

Thanked by 2Cloudcone Edmond

@Maher said:

@vmhaus said:

@Edmond said:

I guess he meant more like a sweetalert notification to inform him of his vps password instead of checking his email.

I'm aware. I'll look into it but not a high priority currently. I'll definitely give it an hour in the upcoming days

• Hmm... should that reinstall os button be in the middle on my phone by any chance?

• Hi @vmhaus

What virtualization backend do you use? Maybe openstack or proxmox or anything else? Do you mind to tell us?
    I can't find in this thread, or am I missing something? :D

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@akhfa said:
    Hi @vmhaus

What virtualization backend do you use? Maybe openstack or proxmox or anything else? Do you mind to tell us?

neither they're interfacing w/ libvirt.

Thanked by 2akhfa vmhaus
  • I'm activating my account but it's giving me an error when I log in. :/

• They are using openstack.

@akhfa said:
    Hi @vmhaus

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@cpsd said:
    They are using openstack.

@akhfa said:
    Hi @vmhaus

no they're really not.

Thanked by 1vmhaus