Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, now Ubuntu take over the server market? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So, now Ubuntu take over the server market?

2»

Comments

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited July 2013

@DomainBop there are reasons for that though. Google it and you'll see the big C word, which is very accepted but look I mean..

A certification at the end of the day is some ones way of saying "Hey we know what we're doing because we designed this and you paid us money so we now say that you know what you're doing." I'm about to get myself flamed here But it's a buddy club. Know what another good way to get in the buddy club is? Winning governmental bids. Like the use of RHEL in military applications. Couple that with work the NSA did for the open source linux community, like this tiny little thing no one has ever heard of called SELinux and you have plenty of reason to explain the kind of sponsorship you have for RH software, again, not that it's a bad thing. Just needs some clarification IMHO.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@Maounique said:
    Hehe, oh, tempora ! When Asia was still not out of IPv4... Or maybe the university was sitting on a /8 or something.

Singapore is a small country. few people fight for their ipv4. and i think they only have 2 major university inside. NUS and Nanyang, if im not mistaken.

• I work for a small recently acquired division of a large corporation that has 100% recognition here. We are CentOS and Windows only on the server side. On my VPS's I have a tendency to run CentOS for business purposes which is just one for now. Otherwise it's either Ubuntu server of Debian.

I use Mint Debain edition for all my desktops.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@Maounique said:
    AS for Ubuntu, they were massively subsidized and it does not take quite that much money to run. It is still losing money: http://www.internetnews.com/blog/skerner/canonical-ubuntu-linux-is-still-not-profitable.html

Who paid for the subside?