Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows in Hetzner Dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows in Hetzner Dedi

roshan91roshan91 Member
edited August 2017 in Help

Hello,

Can we install Windows 10 in hetzner servers using their rescue system?, just like we do with Online.net and Kimsufi servers? I know that we can purchase windows server editions addon from them, but anyone tried installing windows 8.1/10 using their rescue system?

If yes, then is it a good idea to go with a server with iNIC? to avoid driver issues maybe?

Thank you!

Edit:

Support confirmed we can install our own OS via KVM console. How long does Hetzner usually takes to verify the account once you send all the documents they ask for? ->> they took only 45mins

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL

Comments

• I was thinking about same thing. You can ask hetzner support to burn custom ISO on dvd for you and have this mounted on your dedi. Than you can get lara console and install everything if im not wrong ;)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @dodheimsgard said:
    I was thinking about same thing. You can ask hetzner support to burn custom ISO on dvd for you and have this mounted on your dedi. Than you can get lara console and install everything if im not wrong ;)

Thanks, im talking to them via live support now, lets see

• noqqkknoqqkk Member
    edited August 2017

Similar question I asked them and below is their reply.

In addition, SX61 whether can install Windows 10 (Hetnzer default ISO) and can I
    have IPMI to remote server.

As far as I know we do not offer Windows 10 ISO for dedicated servers.
    Nevertheless, you can install from your own ISO.
    To do so please send us a support request for "Remote Console (LARA)" and provide us with download link for your ISO.

Thanked by 2vpsGOD Hetzner_OL
  • Well live support told me we have access to KVM, so we can install our own OS using our own iso via KVM console.

BTW does anyone know how long Hetzner takes to verify details once you send them scanned copy of documents?

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

roshan91 said: BTW does anyone know how long Hetzner takes to verify details once you send them scanned copy of documents?

Usually < 24 hours.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • roshan91roshan91 Member
    edited August 2017

@CConner said:

roshan91 said: BTW does anyone know how long Hetzner takes to verify details once you send them scanned copy of documents?

Usually < 24 hours.

Thank you, i was worried for a second that they would take the same amount of time as kimsufi does.

Edit:
    45mins actually

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • roshan91roshan91 Member
    edited August 2017

Installed Windows 10 Pro using @myhken 's Template, works grea. thank you!

• @roshan91 said:

@dodheimsgard said:
    I was thinking about same thing. You can ask hetzner support to burn custom ISO on dvd for you and have this mounted on your dedi. Than you can get lara console and install everything if im not wrong ;)

Didn't knew they have live chat

• @jetchirag said:

@roshan91 said:

@dodheimsgard said:

Didn't knew they have live chat

well they do now, its right here
    https://www.hetzner.com/support-center

(Product advice)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • roshan91 said: Installed Windows 10 Pro using @myhken 's Template

Can you give me the link to the template?

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @Luke007 said: Can you give me the link to the template?

http://windowstemplate.com/

Thanked by 2myhken sirmbhe
  • Hi, I tried myhken templates but it won’t boot on the NVME dedictaed servers from Hetzner, only on SSD ones it seems. Would anyone have the appropriate template ?

• Sorry, I meant Joodle templates.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

just like this

You can install Windows via vKVM, and then configure the network after 3 hours IPMI.