Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you like this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you like this?

pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
edited August 2017 in General

I'm considering, would anyone like this service:

It's storage only service - backup ready. You, for $20 per month, would get a 2000GB RAW capacity storage, with dedicated IOPS and bandwidth, in Canada or Europe.

The next package up would be:

4000GB -$40 per month

Each package would double capacity up to 6 TB. BW limits are 10x the storage, 4TB = 40,000GB.

Thoughts? Would you like this?

Mmm, fast backups at last! This was done to a saturated node. Thats 100% full and all running backups at the same time. This is the test from the backup client, drops in network are from the client doing things.

Comments

• nope, too expensive

• pbgben said: Tagged: dwtfb template master

I mean... I'd like this more than the other one ;-;

• Nope. At that price, I rather go with Gdrive/Gsuite business.

• lihanlinlihanlin Member
    edited August 2017

Have no willing on it, price is a little high

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Hmm, seems that ya'll don't want performance... :(

• I want you to fix your ssl

@corbpie said:
    I want you to fix your ssl

Which one?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I don't think LET is the market for this type of product.

KVM Storage VPS's are now <$3/TB/mo (SpeedyKVM, ZXHost). I can get a dedi with 2x2TB drives in Europe for $20-ish (Online.net), 2x3TB for $30-ish (Hetzner), on certain sales you're looking at <$10 for a Kimsufi with a single 2TB hard drive, etc.

If it's a great product you can probably do pretty well in normal/mid-market, but this isn't appealing at all on the low end.

Thanked by 3pbgben netomx Aluminat
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@pbgben said:

Im prepared to bet that the vast majority of use cases for 2000GB+ are for media streaming or redundant backups, neither of which particularly require a higher performance product.

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited August 2017

@pbgben said:

I mean it is for storage so people don't want performance, they just want space. So people are happy with ZXHost and their $1.33/month (paid 3yrs in advance) 2TB VPSs in Frankfurt...

• @Edmond said:

@pbgben said:

I mean it is for storage so people don't want performance, they just want space. So people are happy with ZXHost and their $1.33/month (paid 3yrs in advance) 2TB VPSs in OVH France...

$1.33? Wheres that?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@elofty said:

@Edmond said:

@pbgben said:

I mean it is for storage so people don't want performance, they just want space. So people are happy with ZXHost and their $1.33/month (paid 3yrs in advance) 2TB VPSs in OVH France...

$1.33? Wheres that?

$1.33 if paid for 3 years in advance only.

@Nekki said:

@elofty said:

@Edmond said:

@pbgben said:

$1.33? Wheres that?

Also $1.33 per TB per month

• just found it, wow!

• kh81kh81 Member

Most people seem to forget that this is a forum about low-end products, even though it's written in the URL.

• @Harambe said:

@Nekki said:

@elofty said:

@Edmond said:

@pbgben said:

$1.33? Wheres that?

Also $1.33 per TB per month

Well if you want to pay by the year, than yep it's $1.33/TB/mo.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@kh81 said:
    Most people seem to forget that this is a forum about low-end products, even though it's written in the URL.

Some people forget that people here like high-end products as well.

Thanked by 3Aidan trewq doghouch

@Edmond said:

Just wanted to clarify the $1.33 per TB, so $2.66/m for a 2TB VPS. Either way, killer deal.

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited August 2017

@Harambe said:

@Edmond said:

Just wanted to clarify the $1.33 per TB, so $2.66/m for a 2TB VPS. Either way, killer deal.

They aren't charging you extra for that 1TB if your getting it for three years and there is also a 100GB disk for the "os" (who needs 100GB for a os?). Oh and also, corrected the location to show the correct one.

@Edmond said:

They aren't charging you extra for that 1TB if your getting it for three years

Do me a favor and divide $96 by 36 months and work out the monthly for me.

Thanked by 2Nekki bugrakoc
  • @Harambe said:

@Edmond said:

They aren't charging you extra for that 1TB if your getting it for three years

Do me a favor and divide $96 by 36 months and work out the monthly for me.

My bad...

• I'm having a typical moron moment, is there a link to the 1.33/2.66 36 month plans? I've been over the site and can't find anything. And sorry Ben for derailing off the topic.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2017

Personally I'd prefer something like this with NFS mount option but for a lot of cheaper.

This would be much more tempting offer if you focused purely on capacity with pricing and left the remaining IOPs into an unrestricted free for all fight between the users.

Some people might need IOPs while others would only use this as cold storage.. So overselling/overloading would be fine if it allows you to bring down the price.. If I wanted dedicated performance I wouldn't be looking it from here lol.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

SonOfAMotherlessGoat said: I'm having a typical moron moment, is there a link to the 1.33/2.66 36 month plans? I've been over the site and can't find anything. And sorry Ben for derailing off the topic.

Here you go spunk-bubble, my one helpful post of the day.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/121079/let-storage-offer-free-addon-site-wide-discount

• @Nekki said:

Here you go spunk-bubble, my one helpful post of the day.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/121079/let-storage-offer-free-addon-site-wide-discount

Thanks! Didn't even think to search LET, glad I caught you on a good few minutes.

@stefeman said:
    Personally I'd prefer something like this with NFS mount option but for a lot of cheaper.

This would be much more tempting offer if you focused purely on capacity with pricing and left the remaining IOPs into an unrestricted free for all fight between the users.

Some people might need IOPs while others would only use this as cold storage.. So overselling/overloading would be fine if it allows you to bring down the price.. If I wanted dedicated performance I wouldn't be looking it from here lol.

T4V is that product, and plenty of people are unhappy with its performance, hence this proposal. :P

• kh81kh81 Member

@Nekki said:

@kh81 said:

Well, this thread is a bad example for that claim.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@kh81 said:

@Nekki said:

@kh81 said:

Well, this thread is a bad example for that claim.

That's got precisely sweet fuck all to do with the price of chips, chum.

Soooo, anyone with links to a higher end market want to buy this complete solution? :)