Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LES Alternatives for Japan?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LES Alternatives for Japan?

Hello, since the LES Japan seems to be out of stock for quite some time, do we actually have other providers other than LES in that location?

10mbit port is fine, minimum 50GB monthly BW, also 64MB of RAM is fine. Would be great if TUN/TAP can be enabled. Min storage of 1GB. Price must be less than $4/year. NAT IPv4 with some forwarded ports even without a decicated IPv6 is completely fine. No need for Direct China link.

Also IPs must be from APNIC and can be geolocated to Japan.

I would like to know more providers like LES. Before not long ago I didn't know that collecting VPSes in a lot of locations are so much fun when you have some spare money.

Also never really realized that I could actually rely on my lowend VPSes to send a large attachment if it's too large for email / messaging app lol.

Thanks before!

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

pluush said: less than $4/year.

pluush said: do we actually have other providers other than LES in that location?

No, we actually do not.

/thread.

• @rm_ said:

pluush said: less than $4/year.

pluush said: do we actually have other providers other than LES in that location?

No, we actually do not.

/thread.

That's sad, what about if you raise the budget a little?

Also I have tried Tsukaeru it's expensive I actually get ¥2,000 ¥1000 (well that's how it is in the website) when registering for them.
    Actually they're giving out 15 days of trial as stated but I failed to register for the trial. What is surprising is that it is an OpenVZ and TUN/TAP setup costs ¥5,000. Plus the second month's invoice somehow becomes ¥2,000. I immediately discontinued.

pluush said: if you raise the budget a little?

If a little means from $4/year to $5/month, then sure.

• @pluush said:
    That's sad, what about if you raise the budget a little?

For $5/month, there's Linode in Tokyo2. I'm 99% sure you can do TUN/TAP. Not sure about the IP, but you can always spin up an hourly instance and test it out.

szarka said: Not sure about the IP

No, the IP is not APNIC on those.

Thanked by 1szarka
  • @rm_ said:

pluush said: if you raise the budget a little?

If a little means from $4/year to $5/month, then sure.

No, not that much, also don't need high specs. Okay then, I didn't know that LES was one-of-a-kind in offering Japanese servers since I have seen some bare minimum servers outside of LES although not in Japan.

Thanks for the reply!

• WSSWSS Member

You'd have better luck with LES on the LES forum, really. I don't know of anything remotely near that price point, however. If you need your hentai, maybe @Nekki can cut you a deal.

• For $5/mo you could go to OneProvider's OneCloud. Not the best price-spec ratio, but IP address seems to be geolocated in JP.

• @sanvit said:
    For $5/mo you could go to OneProvider's OneCloud. Not the best price-spec ratio, but IP address seems to be geolocated in JP.

You need Plan 02 for their JP location. Also, this is kind-of-a throwaway box, so I can't afford anything other than LES boxes for now.

• @pluush said:

@sanvit said:
    For $5/mo you could go to OneProvider's OneCloud. Not the best price-spec ratio, but IP address seems to be geolocated in JP.

You need Plan 02 for their JP location. Also, this is kind-of-a throwaway box, so I can't afford anything other than LES boxes for now.

I have an idling LES JP and I can transfer it to you if @AnthonySmith agrees.

Thanked by 1pluush
  • pluushpluush Member
    edited August 2017

@sanvit said:

@pluush said:

@sanvit said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    TERMS TL:DR (what you can't do)

>

No TOR, No torrents, No Crypto mining, No Link Exchange, No open proxies, CPU Cores are not dedicated, Orders from China and Brazil are auto blocked, Orders from behind proxies/VPN's are auto blocked.

Just info in advance, I will be ordering from China.

By the way, thanks for your reply! I'm interested with the LES VPS.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited August 2017

@pluush said:

@sanvit said:

@pluush said:

@sanvit said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    TERMS TL:DR (what you can't do)

>

No TOR, No torrents, No Crypto mining, No Link Exchange, No open proxies, CPU Cores are not dedicated, Orders from China and Brazil are auto blocked, Orders from behind proxies/VPN's are auto blocked.

Just info in advance, I will be ordering from China.

Well, technically you are not ordering from China. Plus I'm pretty sure they are doing that because of the massive chargebacks they are getting from china. Anyway, @AnthonySmith please confirm. Thanks

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

sanvit said: @AnthonySmith please confirm.

Sorry, I don't do transfers on LES products.

I will be releasing stock today though for LES generally.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @sanvit said:
    Well, technically you are not ordering from China. Plus I'm pretty sure they are doing that because of the massive chargebacks they are getting from china. Anyway, @AnthonySmith please confirm. Thanks

I have always thought that it was because of the unpaid massive bandwidth overage invoices, or because of high rate of abuse.

I do currently live in China but am not from China myself. Also my PayPal is linked to (my) Chinese bank account. So, without VPNs, I am indeed ordering from China.

@AnthonySmith said:

I do hope you can put me into the exceptions list? Anyway, I will be looking forward to the restock in Japan.

Thanks!

• sonicsonic Veteran

@pluush said:

@sanvit said:

I have always thought that it was because of the unpaid massive bandwidth overage invoices, or because of high rate of abuse.

I do currently live in China but am not from China myself. Also my PayPal is linked to (my) Chinese bank account. So, without VPNs, I am indeed ordering from China.

@AnthonySmith said:

I do hope you can put me into the exceptions list? Anyway, I will be looking forward to the restock in Japan.

Thanks!

I'm sure that Anthony doesnt do that :)

I kind of ran out of time today, getting hit with fresh hell from all directions right now so I have just quickly added 10 to stock in each location for now, I will do a proper review through the week.

Thanked by 1pluush
  • pluushpluush Member
    edited August 2017

@sonic said:
    I'm sure that Anthony doesnt do that :)

I am from Indonesia. Does it mean that I have to go back to Indonesia to register for the service?

I am being honest - I am in China now. It is ok if I am not eligible for the service.

@AnthonySmith said:
    I kind of ran out of time today, getting hit with fresh hell from all directions right now so I have just quickly added 10 to stock in each location for now, I will do a proper review through the week.

Thank you very much! I have ordered and the order has been marked for manual review.
    Edit : the order was confirmed and I made the payment.

Sorry, Japan was put out of stock by a Chinese customer who has been refusing to take no for an answer for literally 2 years and thinks 1000'th time lucky he will get through via a proxy.

open again.

Thanked by 2vimalware pluush
  • OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

There're some developments coming in Japan for LES and other VPS services. :-)