Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asia dedicated server recommendations required
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Asia dedicated server recommendations required

arpanjotarpanjot Member
edited August 2017 in Help

Hi All

I am looking for a dedicated server in Asia with good peering to India since majority of our visitors are from India. This is for serving an ecommerce website running on Magento. I have an online.net special which I thought to use however there speeds to India are terrible- could barely reach 3MB/s download speed from digital ocean Bangalore which puts it off the list. Also tried testing them using leapswitch at Pune and the results were similar.

I've checked various Indian providers and it is best for us to host in India however these requirements specially bandwidth would cost too much in India. I have already checked Leaseweb sg, OVH sg.

Recommended specifications are E3,16 GB,1 TB SATA or SSD drives, 1 TB bandwidth should be sufficient.The provider should have good speeds to India.

Budget- $50-60

I've read reviews about online network not being good in Asia however should I consider contacting them to improve the routing in this particular case? The server I have is LT 1701.1 which is bang for the buck so I'm reluctant to let it go

Edit- The provider shouldn't be essentially located in Asia, they should just have good network in India.

Comments

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

PM sent

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • Tagging @randvegeta. Not sure if he's in your pricerange though.

Thanked by 2arpanjot randvegeta
  • arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited August 2017

@ExpertVM said:
    PM sent

Thanks,replied.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Can do this in India if you can increase your budget a bit.

• @leapswitch said:
    Can do this in India if you can increase your budget a bit.

Sent you PM

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Might be able to do a server in HK. Not sure how good the connection is. Is it bandwidth or latency you need to be good? Or both?

I can spin up a VPS for testing if you like.

• @randvegeta said:
    Might be able to do a server in HK. Not sure how good the connection is. Is it bandwidth or latency you need to be good? Or both?

I can spin up a VPS for testing if you like.

PM Sent

• arpanjot said: Budget- $50-60

Leapswitch is in Pune and should have something in budget, with BW needed, especially if Indian only.

• @William said:

arpanjot said: Budget- $50-60

Leapswitch is in Pune and should have something in budget, with BW needed, especially if Indian only.

Thanks,already in touch with them. The server doesn't necessarily need to be in India, it can be US based as well, but with good connectivity to India. Any recommendations? I will be checking clouvider shortly.

• OVH SG still seems to have issues with routing. Spun a droplet on DO Bangalore location and the traffic goes all the way from France to Singapore.

• Clouvider should be good for you.

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • @Junkless said:
    Clouvider should be good for you.

Just wondering, it's UK based hosting company, how come it would be good to India?

• @qtwrk said:

@Junkless said:
    Clouvider should be good for you.

Just wondering, it's UK based hosting company, how come it would be good to India?

@arpanjot said:

>

Edit- The provider shouldn't be essentially located in Asia, they should just have good network in India.

Cos as the OP said, he is looking for good connectivity to India. I am in India and I have server with many providers in UK, EU, US (East cost, West coast, Central) and out of those, the one I have with @clouvider has the best ping and downloads to my location. Heck for my location (a prominent one in India), I get better download speed from Clouvider DC than even Hostdime (London).

So yeah, that was not a baseless recommendation.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Junkless very happy it works so well for you :-).

We invest a lot in our network to make sure, it's so great to see this pay off in Customer Satisfaction :-)!

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • I often get best pings to ultravps.eu AMS location, and liteserver NL.

(Bsnl 3G modem)

Also worth testing Hetzner bandwidth

Thanked by 2arpanjot UltraVPS
  • @vimalware said:
    I often get best pings to ultravps.eu AMS location, and liteserver NL.

(Bsnl 3G modem)

Thanks, I'll test them

• @Clouvider said:
    @Junkless very happy it works so well for you :-).

We invest a lot in our network to make sure, it's so great to see this pay off in Customer Satisfaction :-)!

The speeds are great indeed, tested from DO and leapswitch in India.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • arpanjotarpanjot Member
    edited August 2017

@vimalware said:

(Bsnl 3G modem)

Tested Heztner from DO and leapswitch.

1GB.bin 1%[ ] 11.52M 65.5KB/s eta 3h 51m ^ -> DO

Edit- Second test gave satisfying results.

2017-08-06 12:32:08 (9.50 MB/s) - ‘1GB.bin.3’ saved [1048576000/1048576000]

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @arpanjot said:

@vimalware said:

(Bsnl 3G modem)

Tested Heztner from DO and leapswitch.

1GB.bin 1%[ ] 11.52M 65.5KB/s eta 3h 51m ^ -> DO

Let it run for 10-15% for tcp window scaling to work.

Thanked by 1arpanjot