Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About Remix OS on VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About Remix OS on VPS

Hello,

Is there anyone successfully installing remix OS on VPS ?

Comments

• If Windows can be installed I don't see why not. As long as it has decent driver support.

• @Ishaq said:
    If Windows can be installed I don't see why not. As long as it has decent driver support.

I already tried it but always get black screen. Before black screen i get, intel bla bla does not support ( using vultr vps and my own dedicated ).

• tmwctmwc Member
    edited August 2017

Remix OS is just a glorified Android x86 - The DL for that is here.

• @tmwc said:
    Remix OS is just a glorified Android x86 - The DL for that is here.

Ah i see. But i want to try remix os on vps.

• Can i install phoenix OS on KVM vps ?
    I look at stackexchange about comparison between phoenix and remix, phoenix is better they said.

• Maybe you can try to mount image on your KVM vps and install it, it seems work well on the VMware Workstation

• @lihanlin said:
    Maybe you can try to mount image on your KVM vps and install it, it seems work well on the VMware Workstation

Is it a must (vmware) ?
    I already tried it on my kvm vps, both Phoenix and Remix get black screen only.

• @userandom said:

@lihanlin said:
    Maybe you can try to mount image on your KVM vps and install it, it seems work well on the VMware Workstation

Is it a must (vmware) ?

I'm not sure

• @userandom said:

@lihanlin said:

Is it a must (vmware) ?

Try Aruba's €1/mo VPS. They use vmware

• WSSWSS Member

Just a heads' up- unless you have a fairly decent framebuffer emulation, it's going to be ass-slow and since it's x86, rather than arm based, you're going to be missing quite a bit of software.

• @lihanlin said:

@userandom said:

@lihanlin said:

Is it a must (vmware) ?

I'm not sure

Thanks btw

@sanvit said:

@userandom said:

@lihanlin said:

Is it a must (vmware) ?

Try Aruba's €1/mo VPS. They use vmware

1€ aruba too slow.

@WSS said:
    Just a heads' up- unless you have a fairly decent framebuffer emulation, it's going to be ass-slow and since it's x86, rather than arm based, you're going to be missing quite a bit of software.

Arm ? Scaleway ?
    Yeah i know, that's the downside, need good framebuffer.