Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared.net Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared.net Review

HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep
edited August 2017 in Reviews

BuyShared is simply the best out there.

Fransisco personally assisted me on Discord to solve my problems very quickly!

Their hosting packages let u host WHMCS too ! Everything works amazingly fine !
Super cheap too

Rating score :

• Support : 10/10
  • Price : 11/10
  • Live Chat : 9/10, he called me monster on discord

Overall, the buyshared.net site might look like shit, but once u get over it, you realise their yearly budget was not invested in web design.

10/10 Would bug Fransisco on discord again

PS. Sorry idk how to spell Fransisco its not my native language

Comments

• Hostlovin said: Website : 1/10, it really needs a new look

I think the website looks pretty cool, it gets the point across while not being overly flashy like some other hosts do.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

@rocket said:

Hostlovin said: Website : 1/10, it really needs a new look

I think the website looks pretty cool, it gets the point across while not being overly flashy like some other hosts do.

Maybe but on the shared hosting page, the feature list is a bit wonky

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited August 2017

Hostlovin said: PS. Sorry idk how to spell Fransisco its not my native language

Proper spelling is Francesca - she is an absolute sweetie I agree!

Thanked by 3Frameworks adxn k0nsl
  • Well, his website isn't responsive... but it surely doesn't look shit.

• I think the website could use some updating, but it definitely doesn't deserve 1/10.

Great shared hosting overall!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I agree, I should add some more stuff to the features page :)

Still, thanks for the review! Glad I could help.

Francisco

• WSSWSS Member

lol discord support and website bitching yeah imma take you seriously

Thanked by 2Aidan inthecloudblog
  • @Francisco said:

Francisco

You whored him for some more photos and some of Aldryc's vodka didn't you? :P

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Very happy customer here. The best thing about buyshared is dedicated ip. With this much popularity, francisco will soon get a multi-million dollar offer from EIG :)

saf31 said: francisco will soon get a multi-million dollar offer from EIG :)

News to me!

Francisco

• FoulFoul Member

Francisco said: saf31 said: francisco will soon get a multi-million dollar offer from EIG :)

Franny better decline that shit if it ever happens.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited August 2017

@Foul said:

Francisco said: saf31 said: francisco will soon get a multi-million dollar offer from EIG :)

Not gonna happen. F will not deny a straight ticket to bahamas :D

@LTniger said:

@Foul said:

I've turned down my share of buy out offers.

Francisco

• HxxxHxxx Member

Stallion alone has huge potential. I would pay a monthly license for that. :)

Thanked by 1Foul
  • LeviLevi Member

@Hxxx said:
    Stallion alone has huge potential. I would pay a monthly license for that. :)

No questions asked.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • edited August 2017

@Francisco said:

@LTniger said:

@Foul said:

I've turned down my share of buy out offers.

Francisco

Please don't sell out. One of the reasons why I still have that BuyVM slice is because you have a simple custom made panel. I believe that eventually you will develop further your panel with more features as the time comes.

In fact, one of the MUST requirements for me to consider a host is to be able to have a panel where I can at least reinstall my OS with the providers ISO without opening a ticket to do it.

I need a basic panel , and if a host doesn't have it and just uses the standard whmcs client area panel, then it's huge deal breaker.

For example, ExtraVM has some really nice deals on their NVMe SSD VPS, but they don't have a simple panel other than whmcs. As much as I like their product, I just can't stay with hosts that only have the whmcs client area.

Is one of the reasons why I have Vultr, Linode, DigitalOcean, oneproviders france servers, delimiter dedicated vps, ovh, online.net, and of course buyvm(you can't beat the slice price).

There are a lot of good deals here, but I very few companies have their own panels on LET.

By the way @Francisco, are you planning of doing some sort of cloud per hour system like Digital Ocean, Linode, Vultr etc.?

Also @Francisco I submitted a ticket a while ago saying that your comparison charts need some updating on the Vultr comparison.

Vultr pricing has changed from $40 on the 4gb to $20 to match Linode, and their disk space and bandwidth as well.

• Hostlovin said: he called me monster on discord

O_O

• YuraYura Member

Francisco is not a sell out! He is obviously a stripper.

• NdhaNdha Member

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Please bring back Lets Encrypt hohohoh..

It seems they already update what you need before..

IF LE back, users can deploy their SSL without Staff support if something wrong with AutoSSL..

• Would it be possible to increase the frequency for the AutoSSL cron too?

Thanked by 1Ndha
    edited August 2017

IAlwaysBeCoding said: Please don't sell out.

Why is there this sudden panic that i'm selling the shop? The offers I get are hilariously bad and not worth my time to listen to. I'm aware of what my companies are worth and we do have some great assets that are worth a lot.

Yes, at some point I'll get more time to do development but I've just been too busy. I've been on the fence about hourly billing but i'm mostly against it. It's a lot of money to put up for the first while since you have to keep a lot of gear lit. Places like DO & Vultr I doubt are turning up gear as quick as they did at the start, just because they'll go through a lot of periods of equilibrium.

I've prided myself on funding everything from the Bank of Fran. We take no loans, have no debts, and have tons of credit.

@Ndha said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

IF LE back, users can deploy their SSL without Staff support if something wrong with AutoSSL..

The LE module still requires .htaccess changes in some cases. AutoSSL has options to make it so it catches all SSL lookups before it hits the users .htaccess files, meaning we save a lot of time/effort debugging peoples configurations.

caracal said: Quote

@caracal said:
    Would it be possible to increase the frequency for the AutoSSL cron too?

I need to actually time the crons to see how long a standard run takes to complete.

Francisco

• @Francisco amazing as always could'nt expect less from him (:

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Said like a true business man. Proud of my boy @Francisco. Shit... this makes me wanna buy an slice... Addicted.

@Francisco said:

IAlwaysBeCoding said: Please don't sell out.

Why is there this sudden panic that i'm selling the shop? The offers I get are hilariously bad and not worth my time to listen to. I'm aware of what my companies are worth and we do have some great assets that are worth a lot.

Yes, at some point I'll get more time to do development but I've just been too busy. I've been on the fence about hourly billing but i'm mostly against it. It's a lot of money to put up for the first while since you have to keep a lot of gear lit. Places like DO & Vultr I doubt are turning up gear as quick as they did at the start, just because they'll go through a lot of periods of equilibrium.

I've prided myself on funding everything from the Bank of Fran. We take no loans, have no debts, and have tons of credit.

@Ndha said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

The LE module still requires .htaccess changes in some cases. AutoSSL has options to make it so it catches all SSL lookups before it hits the users .htaccess files, meaning we save a lot of time/effort debugging peoples configurations.

caracal said: Quote

@caracal said:
    Would it be possible to increase the frequency for the AutoSSL cron too?

I need to actually time the crons to see how long a standard run takes to complete.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Main slice feature I'd like to see is mountable SSD volumes like DO and Vultr have. Maybe HDD volumes too. It would be way cool if the rumored storage refresh turns out to be something like that.

edited August 2017

@willie said:
    Main slice feature I'd like to see is mountable SSD volumes like DO and Vultr have. Maybe HDD volumes too. It would be way cool if the rumored storage refresh turns out to be something like that.

(_(

)_)

Francisco

• it really lags for me.. PHPmyadmin and adding domains takes for ever

@corbpie said:
    it really lags for me.. PHPmyadmin and adding domains takes for ever

PHPMyAdmin is something I hope to improve. The slow down is due to PHPMYADMIN using Information Schema to calculate space. If you ticket I can see if I can do even more tuning to your node, but I've already gone through and heavily bumped caps.

As for domains, I've noticed a slow down in 66+ for sure.

Francisco

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:

(_(

)_)

Francisco

o_0