Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webhosting company shutting down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webhosting company shutting down

nicheniche Member

A webhosting company that I am using announced that they are closing on August 15, 2017, I have two different cpanel accounts. Is it advisable to purchase a reseller account or different cpanel accounts for migrating the webhosting . Is free account migration usually included in all the cpanel shared and reseller packages.

Thanked by 1Greyhound

Comments

• What the fuck are you trying to say here ?

• It would be easier to purchase two cpanel accounts I would assume. Transferring a server is fairly easy, and I'm sure most providers would do it for free. If they don't offer it, try contacting them.

• So the company you are hosting two separate cPanel accounts with is closing down and you want to know whether you should purchase a reseller account or two different accounts to replace it? And whether account transfer would be available?

You should get a BuyShared reseller account from @Francisco, they offer account migration (I don't know whether they charge for it), it's $2 each month and is a great service. Since it's a reseller account you can separate it into two accounts like you had it before.

• @FredQc said:
    What the fuck are you trying to say here ?

Not a lot of summerhosts this year, rather an influx of brainless people

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

rocket said: You should get a BuyShared reseller account from @Francisco, they offer account migration (I don't know whether they charge for it), it's $2 each month and is a great service. Since it's a reseller account you can separate it into two accounts like you had it before.

Thank you!

Yes, we'll do imports.

As for if you should get a reseller or 2 separate accounts, it depends if you want a dedicated IP on each account or not. If you do, get a pair of shared accounts. If you don't or don't care, get a reseller.

Francisco

Thanked by 1rocket
  • @Francisco said:

rocket said: You should get a BuyShared reseller account from @Francisco, they offer account migration (I don't know whether they charge for it), it's $2 each month and is a great service. Since it's a reseller account you can separate it into two accounts like you had it before.

Thank you!

Yes, we'll do imports.

As for if you should get a reseller or 2 separate accounts, it depends if you want a dedicated IP on each account or not. If you do, get a pair of shared accounts. If you don't or don't care, get a reseller.

Francisco

Reseller buy more IPS. Much more fun to do it this way.

• @Francisco said:

Thank you!

Yes, we'll do imports.

Francisco

How much to rent a pony ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Linkhost said:

@Francisco said:

Thank you!

Yes, we'll do imports.

Francisco

How much to rent a pony ?

I got out of the donkey show business a long time ago man.

Francisco

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I'll do free cpanel migrations.
    Be it a reseller or single account.

• LeviLevi Member

Who's deadpooling?

• Me it is always me.

• WSSWSS Member

@AuroraZ said:
    Me it is always me.

Trying to shove corpses in your car so you can use the "diamond lane" is not deadpooling, bro.

• @WSS I have "BOB" for that man. I graduated from corpses to crash test dummies.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@FredQc said:
    What the fuck are you trying to say here ?

Got a good laugh from your comment.

A question mark would indicate a question. No question marks, only statements.
    Just my 10 cents...

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

We can do a reseller or two single accounts. checkout https://clamhost.com

• oneilonline said: Got a good laugh from your comment.

Thanks.

oneilonline said: A question mark would indicate a question. No question marks, only statements. Just my 10 cents...

A bunch of questions without question marks is really confusing.

• ForwardWebForwardWeb Member, Host Rep

@niche said:
    A webhosting company that I am using announced that they are closing on August 15, 2017, I have two different cpanel accounts. Is it advisable to purchase a reseller account or different cpanel accounts for migrating the webhosting . Is free account migration usually included in all the cpanel shared and reseller packages.

What type of websites are these? You do not necessarily need a reseller account (or WHM) for this. Just depends on the purpose of the websites. If you can provide a little more info, I'd be more than happy to provide a little more insight on what the best possible option might be for you.

• Mostly static websites as a parking alternative , a few wordpress auto blogs , looking for cheap webhosting, since advertising revenues are very low

• @niche said:
    Mostly static websites as a parking alternative , a few wordpress auto blogs , looking for cheap webhosting, since advertising revenues are very low

We can do a reseler for $2/mo if you are interested. Please do let me know, it should accomplish your needs.

• @niche said:

The boat is sinking. Is it advisable to use a raft and leave it?

• @niche said:
    Mostly static websites as a parking alternative , a few wordpress auto blogs , looking for cheap webhosting, since advertising revenues are very low

Is it ServerLux? I keep getting emails, but I've never used them.

• I dedicated server should be enough

• WSSWSS Member

@Jorbox said:
    I dedicated server should be enough

lol not on let