Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap OpenVZ VPS for TOR
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap OpenVZ VPS for TOR

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a provider which allows TOR entry-nodes or bridges on its server.
My budget is about 20-25€ annually.
I prefer a VPS in Europe (but please not in Germany!).
Iperweb offered a VPS for my needs but it is out of stock.
The only provider which fits my requirements is edis.at.
But maybe there are some other provider which have better offers.
Nearly forgot to say that I want to pay with PayPal but I think most providers accept that.

Comments

• shaunpudshaunpud Member
    edited July 2013

I've got one of the IperWeb 50cents VPS' at €6.00/y expiring on 02/Aug, if that suits, which you can have provided they allow transferring.

• @shaunpud - if the OP isn't interested I may be. What are the specs?

• @shaunpud said:
    I've got one of the IperWeb 50cents VPS' at €6.00/y expiring on 02/Aug, if that suits, which you can have provided they allow transferring.

It's 50mb of ram right?

I am interested, let me know.

Thanks.

• ciderocidero Member

Tor runs perfectly with 256MB RAM. With 128MB its already difficult. For 25€ per year it is not easy to find something with decent bandwidth allowance. @azzavps had a nice offer here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/10610/azzavps-com-384mb-ram-20gb-space 20MBit/s for just 1,59$ per month.

The Iperweb offer with 384MB RAM for 19£ per year is also nice (when available).

It doesn't make much sense to run Tor with less than about 2TB of traffic per month.

• @cidero said:
    Tor runs perfectly with 256MB RAM. With 128MB its already difficult. For 25€ per year it is not easy to find something with decent bandwidth allowance. azzavps had a nice offer here: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/10610/azzavps-com-384mb-ram-20gb-space 20MBit/s for just 1,59$ per month.

The Iperweb offer with 384MB RAM for 19£ per year is also nice (when available).

It doesn't make much sense to run Tor with less than about 2TB of traffic per month.

IIRC iperweb said to no longer provide vps server. They are advancing their service into cloud hosting.

• If you still need a VPS w/ TOR support PM us. We can provide promo.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@johnlth93 said:
    IIRC iperweb said to no longer provide vps server. They are advancing their service into cloud hosting.

No, it isnt so. We are not providing now, since we lack the man-power to put up new servers, but we are still offering stock from cancellations/non-payment and we will start putting again new servers, maybe even new locations when the cloud is finally done and the custom control panel also. As long as there is demand (and we have daily people asking to get places in the queue to grab the places left over by cancellations, even tho we have no such thing-the queue I mean) we will be offering VPS as time allows. There are still a few OVerZold left, some Biz Xen also and from time to time we have stock for the other products too.

I am sorry, but we had to take this break, for both vacation and Cloud setup. We do offer free cloud KVMs with HA and failover, now the advanced zone is up too, with internal networking, own router, advanced VPN/NAT, etc. It will be worth the wait, if you dont believe it, ask for a place as beta tester !

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited July 2013

@Maounique said:
    I am sorry, but we had to take this break, for both vacation and Cloud setup. We do offer free cloud KVMs with HA and failover, now the advanced zone is up too, with internal networking, own router, advanced VPN/NAT, etc. It will be worth the wait, if you dont believe it, ask for a place as beta tester !

It's the same Italy datacenter? I would love to have a try.

Do you guys already have a pricing for the cloud services?

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@johnlth93 said:
    It's the same Italy datacenter?

yes

Do you guys already have a pricing for the cloud services?

I'm still working on prices...

• @prometeus said:
    I'm still working on prices...

Okay, thanks for replying. Looking forward for your new service.

• OpenVZ-1
    $6.95 USD Monthly
    10 GB Disk Space
    256 MB Guaranteed RAM
    500 GB Bandwidth
    100 Mbit Network Speed
    1 IP Address
    Full Root Access

Location France Instant Setup

• I can get you a VPS starting at $1.28/month!

It's OpenVZ, 128MB of RAM, 50 GB of disk space, and a 100mbit connection. Hosted in Kansas City, not Europe. If you want to pay more than just one month, please PM me and let me know.

Full disclosure: I am a new provider.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

In Spain, we permit TOR.
    Regards.

• lycidelycide Member

@Sonwebhost said:
    OpenVZ-1
    $6.95 USD Monthly
    10 GB Disk Space
    256 MB Guaranteed RAM
    500 GB Bandwidth
    100 Mbit Network Speed
    1 IP Address
    Full Root Access

Location France Instant Setup

Read the OP before you spam. That's over three times his budget.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@Sonwebhost

Doing some OVH reselling are we?

• typh0ntyph0n Member

Thanks for all the answer but I've already found what I was looking for.