Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is Netcup support-wise?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How is Netcup support-wise?

36062023606202 Member
edited August 2017 in General

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have just discovered that I had a Netcup "root server" idle since nearly a year. I completely forgot about it. The server has munin installed and was monitored by Uptimerobot. I went through the logged data and the bottom line is that Netcup is obviously very reliable. Not a single minute of downtime, no disruptions at all visible in the munin graphs. I am quite impressed.

Therefore I think about moving some of my "more important" projects over to this KVM and could even save some bucks.

There is only one thing holding me back: I know nothing about their support quality, because I never opened a ticket. I don't want to make up a problem just to see how fast and good they react, so I would be very grateful if you could share your experiences with them (in terms of support)! How fast do they communicate? How's support during off-times (nights, weekends, public holiday)?

Please note that I will probably never open a ticket as long as there is nothing happening which is out of my hands. I just want to make sure that I do not have to wait for 24 hours, just to get a "Thank you for raising a ticket, we come back to you soon" answer.

Thanks!

Comments

• Well, I have a similar story to yours - I've never needed to contact technical support because well... it just works.

I have needed to contact billing when setting up the server (I missed their verification call) and got a response within the hour (within business hours) so I'd consider that fairly decent.

Thanked by 13606202
  • They're top notch. Moved a lot of production stuff to them for the support. Tickets were so far handled within 15 minutes and phone support is fine as well.

Small derail, anybody tried their Ipv6 only server?

Thanked by 23606202 Ympker
  • So, "Support: Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm" only applies to their phone support? I will not be standing in the rain for days if something breaks on a Friday evening?

Thank you very much already for your comments!

• @3606202 said:
    So, "Support: Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm" only applies to their phone support? I will not be standing in the rain for days if something breaks on a Friday evening?

I guess so. Never had the need to call them in the middle of the night. so far I've only ticketed in during business hours but if I recall right I opened one last Christmas which was handled pretty fast. Maybe @Falzo can shed some light on this as he's the true netcup fanboy :)

Thanked by 2Falzo 3606202
  • From what I understand,

Their email (I never tried phone) support are usually replied around an hour or so, in business time of course.

They do NOT have off-work time support for unmanaged VPS, I think, because I never got reply on off-work time, but can't be sure, maybe depends on type of problem that's been encountered.

However their managed vps does have 24/7/365 phone support, at least that's what I read in their page.

You can just a send them a email regard this topic ask them about their support.
    That's better, and official answer, we are here only to tell out experience with them

But be honest, they are solid and decent.
    The thing is, they never had problem on the node, but I always mess up my VPS

Thanked by 13606202
  • @Saragoldfarb said:
    They're top notch. Moved a lot of production stuff to them for the support. Tickets were so far handled within 15 minutes and phone support is fine as well.

Where do you see their ipv6 only server? Cant find it. Im a sucker for no ipv4 servers.

• @MagicalTrain said:

@Saragoldfarb said:
    They're top notch. Moved a lot of production stuff to them for the support. Tickets were so far handled within 15 minutes and phone support is fine as well.

Where do you see their ipv6 only server? Cant find it. Im a sucker for no ipv4 servers.

Had it bookmarked and seems to still be available: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1540

They're slow network wise but doable for some usecases. I have one with the same restrictions but with ipv4.

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited August 2017

@Saragoldfarb said:

@MagicalTrain said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

Had it bookmarked and seems to still be available: https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1540

They're slow network wise but doable for some usecases. I have one with the same restrictions but with ipv4.

10mbit. No bueno. I could just do some basement hosting then and be way better off.

Thanks for the info tho.

• @MagicalTrain said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@MagicalTrain said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

10mbit. No bueno. I could just do some basement hosting then and be way better off.

Thanks for the info tho.

Hehe, sure thing. I have it set up as a monitor so it doesn't need much.

• @Saragoldfarb said:

@3606202 said:
    So, "Support: Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm" only applies to their phone support? I will not be standing in the rain for days if something breaks on a Friday evening?

I guess so. Never had the need to call them in the middle of the night. so far I've only ticketed in during business hours but if I recall right I opened one last Christmas which was handled pretty fast. Maybe @Falzo can shed some light on this as he's the true netcup fanboy :)

haha, that's very true!

I do like their services very much, because the performance matches my expectations very well given the low price.
    I use them in production without any concern - but I usually also don't need any support on an unmanaged service, as long as there are no hardware or network issues.

that said I didn't need their support once in about a year now and can't comment much on that. I only ticketed in on sales questions, which got answered quite fast - during office hours though.
    I am quite sure they'll have technical staff available around the clock but also probably won't hold your hand for e.g. installing any OS on a KVM machine saturday night. (but again, that would not be my expectation anyways)

after all will keep on recommending them as I think it's pure bargain so far ;-)

Thanked by 13606202
  • TionTion Member

If you want to hear something bad about them they used to be a real pain in the ass in regards to legal.
    They were notorious for logging and filtering their traffic and used to kick you the moment they detected torrent traffic.
    Their greatest invention was that you needed to sign a cease and desist if you were a victim of DDoS forcing you to prevent future attacks and you would have to pay for the damages aka traffic costs if it happend again.
    That was 5 years ago and the company stopped doing a lot of that bullshit over time and under new owners.

Thanked by 13606202
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited August 2017

Pretty much same as @Falzo :) Never needed their tech support really^^ Sales/billing was always fast. Oh and they promise to reply to tickets sent until 16:00 the same day (that also goes for tech support i guess). From my experience they are top notch. Dont hesitate!

Thanked by 13606202
  • Opened a ticket in the middle of the night regarding the cpu clock expecting to be answered the next day but got a reply within 10 minutes.

• Thank you all for the input! I have now, based on your feedback, moved 10 sites over to a Plesk installation on my "root server" with them and will see... Thanks again!

Thanked by 2Ympker noqqkk