Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seems like everyone wants to spy on us (CIA, NSA, GCHQ and now China) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seems like everyone wants to spy on us (CIA, NSA, GCHQ and now China)

2»

Comments

• Hxxx said: Some jobs requires on-call availability. A mobile phone is a must.

some

Most people are just taking their self importance to an extreme.

Thanked by 2vimalware WSS
  • raindog308 said: I think it's impossible that would be occurring without a leak. There's just no way to make that kind of deal with only a small number of people knowing

Privacy isn't as important in China as it is in the Western world. It's a mistake to think that they generally would care about our values.

And the thing is - China doesn't necessarily need to organize a plot with some foreign company. They already stipulate that foreign companies setup a joint venture with a domestic (read: heavily State-influenced) company, and they are increasingly requiring foreign companies to disclose more trade secrets (e.g., code) in the name of "national security". This is creating a huge attack surface.

Companies like Apple don't want to publicly complain about what is being requested of them. But why is the Trump administration pursuing a trade investigation against China over the aforementioned practices? (This is big news in the U.S. this week.) This isn't "spontaneous" news.

• WSSWSS Member

Literally posting from my Core2Duo. Fuck you bitches, all I've given is my IP, credentials, and, wait- fuck!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I was randomly talking about drain pipes this one time, and later realize that all the advertisement on my machine were trying to sell be ubends and shit like that... Its not the government spying you need to be careful of (unless you do cunty things you pedo) its the fucks that try to sell me more toys... I only have one ass, how many plugs do I need!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

You want some plugs? C'mon over and see me sometime!

Thanked by 2netomx pbgben
  • @WSS said:
    Literally posting from my Core2Duo. Fuck you bitches, all I've given is my IP, credentials, and, wait- fuck!

Oh you fucked up big time there..

Thanked by 2netomx WSS
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

asterisk14 said: Remember the American weapons of mass destruction project called the Manhattan project?? They managed to keep that a secret even though tens of thousands of people were involved in the project to build the worlds first nuclear bomb. Never underestimate the power of the ruling regime and the people's misplaced loyalty.

Right but they also weren't selling them through a commercial company. That's not really an analogy...1940s pre-TV pre-Internet secret government weapons project run exclusively by the military & civilian employees with security clearances in wartime versus 21st century corporation that must answer to external auditors and private investors, governed by a board of businessman, employing hundreds of thousands of people around the world, many of whom read Wikileaks.

Just my take...unfortunately, I'm not deeply involved in handing out multi-million-dollar bribes.

• WSSWSS Member

@FoxelVox said:

@WSS said:

Oh you fucked up big time there..

But I store all of my stuff on my personal Google account because saving bookmarks and passwords is just SO EASY,

• This is not a first time that sale of **Chinese phones **pulls down by online shopping website, previously eBay also removed Star N9500 from their website due to same preloaded spyware reason.

• @cociu said:

sanvit said: I have a xiaomi, and it works amazing for it's price. If I have to do really sensitive stuff, I'll get a Pixel.

i have use the same cellular in the past , is verry good for his price, also quality

I am Currently using MI redmi prime 3s ,
    Works wonder for just 9000 INR,
    3 gb ram,
    32 gb internal storage.

• continuing the context... what happened to the Ubuntu Phone and Firefox Mobile OS ??

• @Ole_Juul said:
    Like all these polls on here, there is something obvious missing. For example I have found a solution which works very well. I don't use or own a cell phone.

But you have a bank account and own a payment card?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Janevski said:

@Ole_Juul said:
    Like all these polls on here, there is something obvious missing. For example I have found a solution which works very well. I don't use or own a cell phone.

But you have a bank account and own a payment card?

Whooooo lives on an island in da middle of a sea?
    Ole jole tinhat man
    Whoooo uses the internet thru proxied ?
    Ole jole tinhat man
    Whoooo uses a....

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

@Ole_Juul said:
    Most people are just taking their self importance to an extreme.

• Janevski said: But you have a bank account and own a payment card?

Yes, because there are banks here which I can also access online. I would probably have a cell phone, but despite being not so far from the city there is no cell service.

This thread is about being spied on through cell phones. If this really is important, then not using one is a serious option. There's a lot of whining about security, but to me it looks like a lot of hot air unless someone is prepared to learn about it, actually do the work, and make the required sacrifices.

• I just want to add that we're bordering on Low End Intelligence with some of the comments here. What kind of brain dead idiot does not understand that there is no point in having a cell phone if there is no cell service? Obviously a complete and utter blabbering idiot.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ WSS
  • They found my browser history and now they don't spy on me anymore.

• @saf31 said:
    They found my browser history and now they don't spy on me anymore.

It was not the scat pron that bothered us, it was the cat pictures!!!!!!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Ole_Juul said:
    I just want to add that we're bordering on Low End Intelligence with some of the comments here. What kind of brain dead idiot does not understand that there is no point in having a cell phone if there is no cell service? Obviously a complete and utter blabbering idiot.

What kind of cunt plays Candy Crush on a tablet tho.