Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Cron WHMCS Not Running
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Cron WHMCS Not Running

erulerul Member

Dear all member LET.

I want to ask how to fix WHMCS cron job that can not run, if folder crons is in /home/usernama/whmcsdata/crons/cron.php but if in put in / public_html cron running normal

Comments

• @erul said:
    Dear all member LET.

I want to ask how to fix WHMCS cron job that can not run, if folder crons is in /home/usernama/whmcsdata/crons/cron.php but if in put in / public_html cron running normal

You need to put the path to the cron directory in the configuration.php file.

• erulerul Member

@Junkless said:

@erul said:
    Dear all member LET.

In the configuration file I have setting username/whmcsdata sir, but still not running the cron job

• Do you have ssh access or is it a shared webhosting platform? If you have ssh access, run crontab -e

• erulerul Member

@FoxelVox said:
    Do you have ssh access or is it a shared webhosting platform? If you have ssh access, run crontab -e

I use Reseller hosting sir

• Contact your host or open a ticket with whmcs.

• erulerul Member

@Junkless said:
    Contact your host or open a ticket with whmcs.

this not resolved

• Perhaps your provider blocks you from running cron?(which would be really weird)

• SamPSamP Member

Did you try opening the cron.php through web browser? if it did work, then using wget instead of php in cron command would work.

Thanked by 1erul
  • erulerul Member

@SamP said:
    Did you try opening the cron.php through web browser? if it did work, then using wget instead of php in cron command would work.

How to open it via browser if file cron how in folder /home/username/whmcsdata/crons/cron.php?
    If the folder is in public_html is very easy to open in the browser.

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Sorry, you shouldn't be offering any services, let alone running a business.

Thanked by 1jh
  • @oneilonline said:

Well look at this, a company that won't ever get my business because their representative is a pompous asshole to someone asking a question.

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

@Junkless said:

@erul said:
    Dear all member LET.

This is right and you can do this login to cPanel and on file manager, you can edit the configuration.php and insert the right path for it.

• erulerul Member

@vpsrus said:

@Junkless said:

@erul said:
    Dear all member LET.

This is right and you can do this login to cPanel and on file manager, you can edit the configuration.php and insert the right path for it.

Ok sir i've tried it. If the cron folder is saved in public_html everything is normally running.
    But if saved in /home/username/whmcsdata it is not running

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

@erul said:

@vpsrus said:

@Junkless said:

@erul said:
    Dear all member LET.

Ok sir i've tried it. If the cron folder is saved in public_html everything is normally running.

insert this line to your configuration.php

$crons_dir = '/home/username/whmcs_crons/';

replace with your path

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@MrObvious said:

@oneilonline said:

Well look at this, a company that won't ever get my business because their representative is a pompous asshole to someone asking a question.

LOL Isn't this LET? Isn't that the "norm" here? LOL

• erulerul Member

@vpsrus said:

@erul said:

@vpsrus said:

@Junkless said:

@erul said:
    Dear all member LET.

insert this line to your configuration.php

$crons_dir = '/home/username/whmcs_crons/';

replace with your path

ok sir, but its no running,
    But if I change $ crons_dir to /home/username/public_html/whmcs_crons everything works normally.

• WSSWSS Member

So you've fixed it.

• erulerul Member

@WSS said:
    So you've fixed it.

Already sir, but that if the crons folder is in public_html, if I move in /home/username/whmcs_data it does not work

• Check permissions on the folder FFS.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Are you going to provide hosting ?

Because it scares me after you're unable to configure a simple cronjob, which btw is very well described in the documentation

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • edited August 2017

Hi,

With the cron folder in the custom location and the configuration.php file edited, please run through this troubleshooting guide: http://help.whmcs.com/m/automation/l/683269-advanced-cron-troubleshooting

• or just create a ticket with them already, it should be taken care of soon.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Should change our stance on this, and ask for the domain to check if its licenced first.

Thanked by 2Junkless CConner
  • erulerul Member

thanks sir for your help (y)

• @pbgben said:
    Should change our stance on this, and ask for the domain to check if its licenced first.

"This domain is authorized to be using WHMCS." If problem is with

erul said: CangkirHost - Hosting ID for Everyone

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@jetchirag said:

@pbgben said:

"This domain is authorized to be using WHMCS." If problem is with

erul said: CangkirHost - Hosting ID for Everyone

Win

• If your server doesn’t have a cron, you can use a cron service called easycron.com to trigger the cron.php script to run.

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited August 2017

or just create a support ticket with WHMCS and they will handle it for you.