Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the cheapest domain registrar for .net and .de?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the cheapest domain registrar for .net and .de?

I wanna transfer some private projects to vps + domain registrar instead of webhosting + domain hosted with webhost.

Thanked by 1FennecFox

Comments

• Netcup for ".de" domains....

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @mtsbatalha said:
    Netcup for ".de" domains....

Wow really missed their attractive domain pricing so far^^ As for .net 5ish€/year is cheapest I found at Freenom.

• SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
    edited August 2017

For DE: Versio.eu. Dutch company. Decent and reliable overall.

Thanked by 3Ympker modrow southy
  • modrowmodrow Member
    edited August 2017

do.de is pretty much the cheapest I know for .de. https://www.do.de/. Reliable, german company. Unfortunately their website is only in German.

.de for 2,04€/year

Thanked by 2Falzo southy
  • ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

@mtsbatalha said:

12 x 0,42 = 5,04€ per year ... i'm offering .de domains for 4,99€ yr 3,99€ renew.

• Freenom for .net, have a domain there, seems okay. Support will take weeks (if at all) to reply, so keep that in mind.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • MrFunkenMrFunken Member
    edited August 2017

But take in mind, Freenom doesn't support DNSsec or IPv6 Glue records.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • nicenice Member

Take a look at terms and legal stuff, cheap domains sometimes get expensive later.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • For reference I went with do.de for my .de domains and freenom for the .net .

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Freenom for .net, have a domain there, seems okay. Support will take weeks (if at all) to reply, so keep that in mind.

So far Ive had a great experience with them. Called them 3 times via phone during their office hours (10-16 CEST) and was always helped promptly :)
    Maybe try that.

• Freenom looks interesting but their site doesn't show anything without google ajax! Might enable it later to take a look. What do they charge for .net? I have one that I need to renew soon. Currently it's at Gandi, which I like, but they want $18 to renew! Don't know if I can bring myself to pay that. It's $9.71 at Porkbun.

• @willie said:
    Freenom looks interesting but their site doesn't show anything without google ajax! Might enable it later to take a look. What do they charge for .net? I have one that I need to renew soon. Currently it's at Gandi, which I like, but they want $18 to renew! Don't know if I can bring myself to pay that. It's $9.71 at Porkbun.

http://www.freenom.com/en/pricechart.html

Freenom charges 5,98€ for register, renew or transfer. Same price for all.

• tt77tt77 Member

Hi, who has cheapest net domains right now, I need one or two net domains.
    @Ympker : Freenom - do they still need a 25 € deposit for registering domain?

• @tt77 said:
    Hi, who has cheapest net domains right now, I need one or two net domains.
    @Ympker : Freenom - do they still need a 25 € deposit for registering domain?

I did not need to make a deposit. Just transferred the domain (I have no other paid domains with them).

• @mtsbatalha said:

Not at all right now, no. They currently charge 5 EUR / year.

They had a promition to 1,20 EUR / year plus signup, but that is terminated.

The seem to be planning to offer a "domain reseller function" and in that respect offer 1,20 EUR / year, but apparently such a reseller contract will come at a base fee. But this is not yet available.

My guess is there will be an advent calendar event again in december, but before that, I wouldn't expect too much from them in this respect.

OVH however does offer .de for 4,20 EUR/year currently.

• @southy said:

@mtsbatalha said:

Not at all right now, no. They currently charge 5 EUR / year.

They had a promition to 1,20 EUR / year plus signup, but that is terminated.

The seem to be planning to offer a "domain reseller function" and in that respect offer 1,20 EUR / year, but apparently such a reseller contract will come at a base fee. But this is not yet available.

My guess is there will be an advent calendar event again in december, but before that, I wouldn't expect too much from them in this respect.

OVH however does offer .de for 4,20 EUR/year currently.

I transferred mine to do.de (Domain Offensive) for 2,44€/y . Register is same price.

Thanked by 1southy
  • For .de there is no whois privacy and you need a German address, right?

• Just the ADMIN-C needs to be located in Germany. There is no whois privacy in general, however there are some trustee services available.

Thanked by 1andreipoe
  • I used to use Freenom, until they got suspended from selling domains by ICANN due to breaking terms :')

I wouldn't trust it for anything

• @Zerpy said:
    I used to use Freenom, until they got suspended from selling domains by ICANN due to breaking terms :')

I wouldn't trust it for anything

There are lots of complaints about them and I definitely wouldn't trust them with a domain that matters to me. But that's just based on my own experience. Plus their free domain offerings are shady at best.

• For .de tld Godaddy is the best domain registrar but for .net tld Namecheap is the best domain registrar who are giving cheap price.

• Get free .de .net .com and other tlds