Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK dedi under £20/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK dedi under £20/mo

VPSensationalVPSensational Member
edited August 2017 in Requests

Hi,

Just a fairly simple request - is anyone offering UK dedicated boxes for under £20/mo? This is as an upgrade to a VPS that serves a few low-bandwidth websites that have become a bit too CPU heavy to keep on a VM.

Traffic requirement is very limited, <500GB/mo and the specs of the server are negotiable.

All offers appreciated!

Comments

• Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • hzrhzr Member

Vortexnode offers $15 UK atoms

• @hzr said:
    Vortexnode offers $15 UK atoms

That is if they didn't deadpool yea

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@VPSensational said:
    Hi,

Just a fairly simple request - is anyone offering UK dedicated boxes for under £20/mo? This is as an upgrade to a VPS that serves a few low-bandwidth websites that have become a bit too CPU heavy to keep on a VM.

Traffic requirement is very limited, <500GB/mo and the specs of the server are negotiable.

All offers appreciated!

You can, but the CPU is going to be low end (probably an Atom) and you're looking at usually no more than a 500GB disk - if that's ok, let me know and I'll dig up a few links for you.

Thanked by 1VPSensational
  • @Nekki said:

@VPSensational said:
    Hi,

All offers appreciated!

You can, but the CPU is going to be low end (probably an Atom) and you're looking at usually no more than a 500GB disk - if that's ok, let me know and I'll dig up a few links for you.

Many thanks Nekki - none of that is an issue for my intended use.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@VPSensational said:

@Nekki said:

@VPSensational said:
    Hi,

All offers appreciated!

One other question - does it have to be in the UK? Because you'll get a lot more for your money (and probably be able to spend less money overall) if you can make do with France.

• @Nekki said:

@VPSensational said:

@Nekki said:

@VPSensational said:
    Hi,

All offers appreciated!

One other question - does it have to be in the UK? Because you'll get a lot more for your money (and probably be able to spend less money overall) if you can make do with France.

Completely agreed that he'd have better value in France but if it has to be in the UK these guys might be worthwhile looking at. They start from £17.50. There's a Core i3 with 2GB RAM and 2x250GB SSD currently. Features 100Mbit unmetered under Frequently Asked Questions but their promotional page states they're 1Gbit ports now. From what I gather they use RapidSwitch in Maidenhead.

@Nekki - I know you have a love for storage boxes and they happen to have dual core, 4GB ram 2x2TB for £25/mo. One time upgrades for Quad Core CPU, £5 more for 8GB RAM.

I might have to give these guys a try for myself...

• @Nekki said:

@VPSensational said:

@Nekki said:

@VPSensational said:
    Hi,

All offers appreciated!

I'd prefer UK offers because I already know about the likes of Online, Kimsufi etc but I don't know much about what's on offer in the UK. Thanks in advance :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

A bit out of your budget, but if you're looking for something stronger, have a look at our Sale here: https://console.clouvider.co.uk/cart/dedicated-server-sale

• unknownbulletunknownbullet Member
    edited August 2017

Have you tried easyspace?

https://www.easyspace.com/dedicated-servers/pre-built

I have a server with them and well its been going quite well for the past month or so.

• @Clouvider said:

A bit out of your budget, but if you're looking for something stronger, have a look at our Sale here: https://console.clouvider.co.uk/cart/dedicated-server-sale

What about your bespoke solutions though? Can people request custom dedicated servers below your dedicated entry price of 49 GBP?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@IThinkUFailed said:

Completely agreed that he'd have better value in France but if it has to be in the UK these guys might be worthwhile looking at. They start from £17.50. There's a Core i3 with 2GB RAM and 2x250GB SSD currently. Features 100Mbit unmetered under Frequently Asked Questions but their promotional page states they're 1Gbit ports now. From what I gather they use RapidSwitch in Maidenhead.

@Nekki - I know you have a love for storage boxes and they happen to have dual core, 4GB ram 2x2TB for £25/mo. One time upgrades for Quad Core CPU, £5 more for 8GB RAM.

I might have to give these guys a try for myself...

I was going to suggest EasySpace as an option - all of those prices are ex-VAT though, so they're all over the OPs budget. No setup fees though, so not bad deals overall.

So, some other suggestions (not recommendations I hasten to add, I've not used these providers), assume all prices are ex-VAT:

Packet 3 - £15/month Atom - https://www.packet3.co.uk/cheap-dedicated-server

Not advertised on his site, but @MSPNick may be able to get you something custom to meet your budget if you drop him a line.

Has to be said, if CPU is the main concern, you may be better off looking at a dedicated core CPU, as just one of those cores will kick the bollocks off what you'll probably find on a UK dedicated server. Have a look at @cloudvider's cloud VPS, I think they've got a sale on at the moment, so you could get what you need for less than your budget.

Thanked by 1VPSensational
  • Well Easyspace's lowest dedicated is only £1 extra /m which well all things considering isn't too bad.

@Ympker said:

@Clouvider said:

What about your bespoke solutions though? Can people request custom dedicated servers below your dedicated entry price of 49 GBP?

We don't have anything cheaper than we do on the Sale page I'm afraid :(.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Clouvider said:

@Ympker said:

@Clouvider said:

We don't have anything cheaper than we do on the Sale page I'm afraid :(.

Awe too bad :) Thanks for clarifying though^^

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • trvztrvz Member

Get one of the people who got the Clouvider special deals to sell you a KVM on it: 1 core/2 threads dedicated, 4GB RAM, 5TB transfer, 60GB SSD for 10GBP.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

@trvz said:
    Get one of the people who got the Clouvider special deals to sell you a KVM on it: 1 core/2 threads dedicated, 4GB RAM, 5TB transfer, 60GB SSD for 10GBP.

That's actually a great idea! :)

• @Clouvider said:

@trvz said:

I'm interested... :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Clouvider said:

@trvz said:

So the op can do a comparison, typically what CPU core could he expect?

• trvztrvz Member

Nekki said: So the op can do a comparison, typically what CPU core could he expect?

Those came with Xeon E3-1270 v6.

Clouvider said: That's actually a great idea! :)

Add an IPv4 address and we're basically at VDS-4 from https://www.clouvider.co.uk/uk-virtual-dedicated-servers-sale, with more CPU time - but less, slower, and not redundant storage.

Just get a Clouvider VDS then.

We can certainly work on IP pricing on case by case basis

• VPSensationalVPSensational Member
    edited August 2017

Thanks for all your replies :)

In the end, I've gone for an online.net special (€19.99/mo with no setup for an E3 1220 with 16GB) because @Nekki is right as usual - it's just so much more bang for the buck than anything in the UK.

I would have preferred the UK, but it's a struggle to justify the extra cost of a UK box for the much worse spec. It'll be more power than I'll ever need, so no need to think about migrating again for a while!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

VPSensational said: I would have preferred the UK, but it's a struggle to justify the extra cost of a UK box for the much worse spec.

I know exactly how you feel, I've paid a lot of money for not much in the past just to have something in the UK.

You can get value for money if you're paying out more (I have a pretty phenomenal server in central London at £50/month inc VAT), but in the budget arena, especially given the incredibly minor increase in latency, you'll never beat France.