Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with GPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with GPU

Used Azure before, expensive for me at the moment.

Need a 4 GB ram vps with gpu.

Comments

• Paperspace possibly?

• emghemgh Member
    edited July 2017

How much is Azure? You might wanna look at Dedciated hosting honestly - the GPU market is limited as it is.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/gpu-cloud-computing.html

• We need a price to compare.

All big cloud provider have GPU instances as well.
    Google Cloud or Amazon AWS as an example.
    Hetzner also has GPU Dedicated Servers that are cheaper than some GPU cloud servers.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

What GPU model do you need? I can do GTX 1060 dedi for around $100/mo.

• PaperSpace has been the cheapest for me for VMs with GPUs, as far as a provider that isn't GCP, AmazonAWS, or Azure, not sure what else is there.

I've gotten VPSs that claimed they had dedicated GPU access in the past and it turns out they didn't and had no graphics acceleration, so just a note.

That's why I keep recommending PaperSpace, it's just worked for me. You have to be in the US and have your computer connected via ethernet with at least 5mbps up and down for a smooth experience, for most connections this isn't an issue

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Honestly just much better to take a loan buy the hardware and colo it. GPU rentals are too expensive at the moment. Try LiquidSky maybe?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@ethancedrik said:
    PaperSpace has been the cheapest for me for VMs with GPUs, as far as a provider that isn't GCP, AmazonAWS, or Azure, not sure what else is there.

I've gotten VPSs that claimed they had dedicated GPU access in the past and it turns out they didn't and had no graphics acceleration, so just a note.

That's why I keep recommending PaperSpace, it's just worked for me. You have to be in the US and have your computer connected via ethernet with at least 5mbps up and down for a smooth experience, for most connections this isn't an issue

Im using PS West from Auckland NZ, I dont game on it I just need the gpu for some stuff. I use the hourly and its $5/month + the time I use it

• hetzner currently has a no-setup-fee deal, so you can get a gtx1080 dedi for 100 euro/month excl vat: https://www.hetzner.de/dedicated-rootserver/ex51-ssd-gpu

Thanked by 1JackH
  • pbgben said: Im using PS West from Auckland NZ, I dont game on it I just need the gpu for some stuff. I use the hourly and its $5/month + the time I use it

how's the latency/connection quality from auckland?

@ethancedrik said:

pbgben said: Im using PS West from Auckland NZ, I dont game on it I just need the gpu for some stuff. I use the hourly and its $5/month + the time I use it

how's the latency/connection quality from auckland?

No good for gaming, but for the general shit I use it for its good.

• This is what I don't understand from PaperSpace.

Their pricing for their CPU only servers makes no sense.

https://www.paperspace.com/pricing

The C1 is $0.0045 hourly pricing while the monthly price is $6 bucks, so you are telling me I can run it per hour and get 50% less than paying per month.

The C2 is $0.009 per hour while the monthly is $9. Again the monthly price is more expensive.

Then the C3 has 2 different pricing, on the front page it tells you it is $0.018 but on this page it says $0.0018.

They offer GPU for machine learning but they can't do simple math .

edited August 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    This is what I don't understand from PaperSpace.

Their pricing for their CPU only servers makes no sense.

https://www.paperspace.com/pricing

The C1 is $0.0045 hourly pricing while the monthly price is $6 bucks, so you are telling me I can run it per hour and get 50% less than paying per month.

The C2 is $0.009 per hour while the monthly is $9. Again the monthly price is more expensive.

Then the C3 has 2 different pricing, on the front page it tells you it is $0.018 but on this page it says $0.0018.

They offer GPU for machine learning but they can't do simple math .

Monthly includes the +$5 for hourly. (HDD Space) Try opening your eyes.

EDIT: Wait a moment....

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding

Nope, you're right.. All over the place with cpu pricing.

Thanked by 1IAlwaysBeCoding
  • @pbgben said:
    Nope, you're right.. All over the place with cpu pricing.

No, I actually opened my eyes and you are 80% right, the prices does add up for some hourly instances with the $5 fee. But on the other instances they don't.

Not a sarcastic post, as it took me a while to see the actual pricing.

• ZealZeal Member
    edited August 2017

I just want to say paperspace had a error with how their billing system worked and I was charged when I shouldn't have been. I emailed support and they were responsive at first, but when they found out they were at fault they didn't respond for months. I requested updates multiple times. Basically it said I had X credit, but it wasn't being applied, they confirmed how much credit I had, so there was no problem there. Although the overcharge was a small amount, them not budging after their billing system had a error to me is very unprofessional. If your looking to game, there are some free options where you can watch a few short videos to get free hours of gaming.

• ZealZeal Member
    edited August 2017

1) A staff told me the charges would be refunded, but later another employee replies saying the employee provided wrong information. - "support person misspoke about the verification charges"

2) Finally they understood the situation , but didn't provide any compensation after giving me the run around for several weeks. - "issues on our end"

3) I had to send 4 emails before I got a response

I highly do not recommend paperspace.

Been using paperspace for a while now, if anyone wants to pay via PayPal PM me.