Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Auto update images and video from SFTP to webserver
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Auto update images and video from SFTP to webserver

I have a security camera and add on software that for redundancy, auto uploads images and video to a Linux SFTP server. Instead of having to logon to the SFTP, download then view the images, I would like to have them displayed on a web page then the web page is updated every xx minutes from new images on the SFTP. It would be nice have the images displayed in a gallery format.

Any ideas how to accomplish this?

Comments

• My first solution would be rsync + cron. Probably like twenty other solutions out there, as well.

• @MagicalTrain said:
    My first solution would be rsync + cron. Probably like twenty other solutions out there, as well.

Images and video are already on the same server as FTP and webserver. Just need a way to auto update the newest into a gallery style page for the webserver.

• Oh, thought it was different servers. Why not use any of the gallery software that simply display whatever folder you throw at it? Do you also want to display the videos?

Have a look if any of these do the trick for you.

• If the files are hosted on the same server (images and video), the setup would depend on your webserver and if you support scripting languages (php, python, bash).
    Can you share more information on your current server setup?

• WSSWSS Member

You could do a lame thing and have it do a glob for the latest filename from a crontab, and link pic-latest.jpg -> $file every minute or so, and have the page automatically refresh using time_t as a variable to cachebust.

• inotify?

• Thanked by 1ndlong75