Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For ASEAN visitors, which one has the best VPS? Linode, Vultr, or DO?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

For ASEAN visitors, which one has the best VPS? Linode, Vultr, or DO?

Trying to move my site from XXX Singapore server because getting error too often, what's the best option between those 3? Server performance wise and connection wise.

Comments

• FoulFoul Member

What's "asean"

Is that something new?

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited July 2017
  • Try hosting in EU, routing between nations is bad but generally good to US/EU. EU has lesser ping, try FR/UK. DO BLR or Lightsail BOM might be a choice but check latency from everywhere.

• @advarisk said:
    Try hosting in EU, routing between nations is bad but generally good to US/EU. EU has lesser ping, try FR/UK. DO BLR or Lightsail BOM might be a choice but check latency from everywhere.

For ASEAN i believe eu isn't a good idea.

Consider hosting near asean countries.

• Doesn't really matter which one, just buy vps on singapore. I think vultr has one. Don't know about Linode or DO.

• @alexnjh said:

@advarisk said:
    Try hosting in EU, routing between nations is bad but generally good to US/EU. EU has lesser ping, try FR/UK. DO BLR or Lightsail BOM might be a choice but check latency from everywhere.

Yeah, between those VPS that I mentioned, I will choose Singapore server.

@yokowasis said:
    Doesn't really matter which one, just buy vps on singapore. I think vultr has one. Don't know about Linode or DO.

All that I mentioned have server on Singapore, but I don't know which one should I choose.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

Linode Singapore for me

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • i choose digitalocean

• @Mr_Jack said:

@alexnjh said:

@advarisk said:

Yeah, between those VPS that I mentioned, I will choose Singapore server.

@yokowasis said:
    Doesn't really matter which one, just buy vps on singapore. I think vultr has one. Don't know about Linode or DO.

All that I mentioned have server on Singapore, but I don't know which one should I choose.

If I were you, I will choose the cheapest of them all. They are all reputable provider.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2017

You mean Treaty of Rome countries are not a good idea. And I don't think Warsaw Pact locations would work either. Because why the fuck would you simply say EU or Asia, let's follow the OP and use obscure historic names for those.

Thanked by 4pike Yura Aidan mint
  • jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited July 2017

rm_ said: let's follow the OP and use obscure historic names for those.

ASEAN isn't an obscure historic name. It's a modern organization aspiring to integrate its 10 member states economically. Conceptually, it's on par with the EU and EAEU.

• linode.
    they have new panel btw.

• bapbap Member

Based on my exp (from Indonesia), DO has a better network route for southeast asia than Vultr. Also, DO has better network tolerance than Vultr, I get some abuse ticket (network abuse based on access pattern) to run simple script via cron.

Do not know about linode.
    But yeah, I've tried some singapore provider and always go back to DO.
    Mean no offense, its based on my exp.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

@Mr_Jack said:
    Trying to move my site from XXX Singapore server because getting error too often, what's the best option between those 3? Server performance wise and connection wise.

Talk to your provider to solve it?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Linode - So far so good
    Vultr - Hypervisor failed several times within a week
    DigitalOcean - Crappy resources

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

jiggawattz said: ASEAN isn't an obscure historic name. It's a modern organization aspiring to integrate its 10 member states economically. Conceptually, it's on par with the EU and EAEU.

Conceptually sure, but in practice? The first reply being "WTF that is" surely shows how relevant and well known it is. :) As for me, sure I knew it's that regional organization, but I don't see its name mentioned or used in a context like this not just "often", but at all.

• vultr or linode.

you can try it by yourself. I think vultr and linode is good when you need company to provide singapore location.

• @rm_ said:

jiggawattz said: ASEAN isn't an obscure historic name. It's a modern organization aspiring to integrate its 10 member states economically. Conceptually, it's on par with the EU and EAEU.

Conceptually sure, but in practice? The first reply being "WTF that is" surely shows how relevant and well known it is. :) As for me, sure I knew it's that regional organization, but I don't see its name mentioned or used in a context like this not just "often", but at all.

ASEAN is commonly used among... ASEAN countries, ASEAN games is one of them.

Thanked by 2Nuntius ndlong75
  • polzpolz Member

i think is depend on the isp peer :D

• Why not just buy each of these and try? All those are in hour billing. It won't cost you arms and legs to do some quick performance test.

• eLohkCalb said: ASEAN is commonly used among... ASEAN countries, ASEAN games is one of them.

British, and I've heard the term being thrown around. It's not as uncommon as others might think :)

AliCloud, just to make things more complicated.