Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm looking for a VPS or server for $10/mo (max)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm looking for a VPS or server for $10/mo (max)

HJSCHJSC Member
edited July 2017 in Requests

I come from a Scaleway server (C1, BareMetal SSD Cloud Server), but I had more problems and a poor support service, which made me want to cancel my account that I created yesterday. The purpose was to create a seedbox to download the files and send them to my account in Google Drive, however the torrent client only supports torrent that contain only files, if they have folders and subfolders the torrent does not work lol. I followed this tutorial.

Anyway, what I want is to be able to download torrent (or http) files and be able to upload to my Google Drive account. I think an already configured VPS is the best way (or the simplest).

I search for an provider with this specs:

Cores: any
RAM: 1-2 GB
Storage: 50-100GB
Disk Type: any
Bandwidth: 1TB at least
Port Speed: 100Mbps at least (Good stable Network Connection)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

We can do the following:

• 2048MB Dedicated RAM
    • 2x vCPU @ 3.20+ GHz
    • 400 GB Dedicated HDD space (Raid10 SAS) or 85GB Raid 10 SSD
    • 4TB/Month @ 1 Gbps burstable or 2TB if choose SSD
    • 1x IPv4
    • KVM/Proxmox
    • $7.95/month
    • $72 /Yearly
    • Los Angeles (https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=34)

Free Bonus :

• 20Gbps DDoS-Shield Mitigation
    • Free 5 Minutes Server Monitoring + Blacklist (Email and SMS alert) Read More
    • Free SMS Unpaid invoice Alert
    • 1IPV4 & IPV6
    • DNS Hosting
    • Custom ISO Available
    • IPV4 rdns Management
    Thanked by 1HJSC
  • IshaqIshaq Member
    edited July 2017

We have this promo going on at the moment:

LAX KVM 2048M (Los Angeles, CA)

• 2 vCores (2.40GHz)
    • 2GB Dedicated RAM
    • 80GB RAID10 Storage
    • 2TB Premium Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • 1 x IPv4
    • 1 x /64 IPv6
    • DDoS Protected
    • KVM Virtualization
    • Los Angeles, CA
    • Monthly: $4.99
    • Quarterly: $14.95
    • Semi-Annually: $29.95
    • Annually: $47.99 (save over $11!)

[Order Now]

Thanked by 1HJSC
  • OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017
    • x2 CPU Core
    • 50 GB Storage
    • 4096 MB RAM
    • 4096 MB SWAP
    • 1 IPv4 (rDNS)
    • 1 IPv6 (/112)
    • Linux
    • 1000 GB Bandwidth
    • Virtualizor Panel Support
    • DDoS Protection Included (250Gbps)/
    • Germany - EU
    • 1Gbps Port Speed

Order here: https://www.obhost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=139

LoveOBHost Use this coupon to get 30% more discount on your first invoice.

Thanked by 1HJSC
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

UK KVM

4 CPU Cores (Equal Share)
    1 GB Ram - DDR4
    40 GB SSD Cached Disk space - HW Raid 10 SAS + SSD Cache
    1000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
    1 x IPv4 address
    1 x /64 IPv6 

€3.20 p/month order link

4 CPU Cores (Equal Share)
    2 GB Ram - DDR4
    80 GB Disk space - HW Raid 10 SAS + SSD Cache
    2000 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared)
    1 x IPv4 address
    1 x /64 IPv6

€5.60 p/month order link

Promocode: 20off4lifeuk for 20% off and double disk space.

Obviously, if you are downloading copyright material and get abuse reports your service will be removed and the price listed is the unmanaged price.

Thanked by 1HJSC
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@HJSC said:

Anyway, what I want is to be able to download torrent (or http) files and be able to upload to my Google Drive account. I think an already configured VPS is the best way (or the simplest).

He is more likely looking for a seedbox and not a vps he needs to setup himself... sounds more like scaleway support is to be 'bad' because of not helping him with that, LOL
    (maybe simple language barrier though)

Thanked by 1williclarkam
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Falzo said: He is more likely looking for a seedbox

Could be, I have updated my offer to reflect that.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • HJSCHJSC Member

@Falzo said:

>
    >

He is more likely looking for a seedbox and not a vps he needs to setup himself... sounds more like scaleway support is to be 'bad' because of not helping him with that, LOL
    (maybe simple language barrier though)

At first I wanted to test a small seedbox, but as I said, I had problems with torrents that contain folders, I did not understand why and the support much less knew how to tell me why. Another problem that happened was with the SMTP port blocked. I got in touch with the support and they said that I would have to take a photo of the identity card and a photo of me holding my identity card ... so much difficulty for only €3?!
    I'm already ugly enough to be framed in a photo ID, and they want a picture of me holding my ID card?! Double kill (lol)? Not even my profiles have a real photo, if it was something important, that's fine.

• AidanAidan Member

HJSC said: I had problems with torrents that contain folders

That shouldn't be a problem... Which OS & which client?

Thanked by 1HJSC
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@HJSC said:

@Falzo said:

>

See that's what I was talking about. You complain about the need to verify your identy on a cheap 3€ vps while at the same time expect their support to help you with torrent problems on that very same cheap self-managed service? Hmm.

Thanked by 1williclarkam
  • What are you going to download and seed? If your content are copyrighted materials then I think most VPS providers here will not allow it.

I think Scaleway is an un-managed server, which means, these kind of questions are not appropriate! And Scaleway support doesn't have to answer them.

Setting up your seedbox could be hard sometime, if you need something pre-configured and easy to use, just buy a seedbox, I think it's more suitable in your situation.

There are providers out there, which will setup a seedbox for you on a dedi w/ dedi IP and such ... .

Thanked by 1HJSC
  • With $10/m you can get a Windows VPS. just install some torrent client on that box. I believe installing torrent client on Windows is just a matter of next next next finish. Shouldn't be that hard.

Thanked by 1HJSC
  • HJSCHJSC Member

@Aidan
    OS is Ubuntu and client is ruTorrent

@williclarkam
    It's not a copyrighted material, just a torrent I had created with video lessons about android, with about 30GB. But my upload is very low, and I have no availability to leave my computer on all day, so to try to avoid losing the torrent, I want to help in seeding and make a copy to my Google Drive account with rclone.

Thanked by 1williclarkam
  • Developer tag only needed to post in offer section.

Thanked by 1HostinganID
  • How about waiting for a Kimsufi KS-1 or KS-2?

• HJSCHJSC Member

@yokowasis said:

>

With $10/m you can get a Windows VPS. just install some torrent client on that box. I believe installing torrent client on Windows is just a matter of next next next finish. Shouldn't be that hard.

And which one do you recommend, as I was analyzing this option and arrived at Aruba Cloud and 1&1. Well, so far the VPS that is as first in the list is the LetBox. More opinions and options are very welcome. Thank you so much, guys.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • WSSWSS Member

I've got a KS-1 going away on August 7th..

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Get a KS-1 and install Quickbox.

If you just want a simple seedbox (rutorrent + ftp access), get an account with SeedboxWS - 100GB storage plan is 2 Euros/mo.

Thanked by 1HJSC
  • I thought that users can post in threads w/o the provider tag? (just not in the offers section)

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2017

@HJSC said:

@yokowasis said:

>

With $10/m you can get a Windows VPS. just install some torrent client on that box. I believe installing torrent client on Windows is just a matter of next next next finish. Shouldn't be that hard.

And which one do you recommend, as I was analyzing this option and arrived at Aruba Cloud and 1&1. Well, so far the VPS that is as first in the list is the LetBox. More opinions and options are very welcome. Thank you so much, guys.

Never used window vps before so cant comment that much. I used $1/m Aruba. So far so good, 100% uptime. If you are not comfortable using command line client, you should go for GUI Client. You can always install GUI on Your VPS. Either WIndows or Linux. I myself has dedicated gui vps for downloading stuff and upload it on Google Drive / Youtube. Although I am using linux. But doesn't really matter whether it is Windows or Linux, as long as the GUI is UP, you can easily manage / upload them using your mouse.

@doghouch said:

I thought that users can post in threads w/o the provider tag? (just not in the offers section)

You though right. He checked wrong.

Thanked by 1HJSC
  • AidanAidan Member

@Aidan OS is Ubuntu and client is ruTorrent

Arch-Linux & Deluge works well together.

Thanked by 1HJSC
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
  • HJSCHJSC Member

@yokowasis
    Exactly, I wanted to use the GUI to better manage the downloads and uploads, use rclone in partnership with rclonebrowser as well. I have already decided that I intend to use a Linux VPS, since I left the system a little aside and want to use it again.

@Aidan
    Wow, I'd completely forgotten Delug BiTorrent. He is a great torrent client. What about qBittorrent?

@Francisco
    Thank you for this option. I will save all of them for future testing, where I will test each of these services.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @HJSC I have PMed you....

Thanked by 1HJSC
  • @HJSC said:
    @yokowasis
    Exactly, I wanted to use the GUI to better manage the downloads and uploads, use rclone in partnership with rclonebrowser as well. I have already decided that I intend to use a Linux VPS, since I left the system a little aside and want to use it again.

@Aidan
    Wow, I'd completely forgotten Delug BiTorrent. He is a great torrent client. What about qBittorrent?

@Francisco
    Thank you for this option. I will save all of them for future testing, where I will test each of these services.

You can use this command to install GUI + VNC Server on Centos 7 64bit.

bash <(curl -s centos7.panel.web.id/vnc/)

Source available on github
    https://github.com/yokowasis/vps-script

From there you can yum firefox or any gui app.

Thanked by 1HJSC
  • HJSCHJSC Member

@yokowasis said:

You can use this command to install GUI + VNC Server on Centos 7 64bit.

bash <(curl -s centos7.panel.web.id/vnc/)

Source available on github
    https://github.com/yokowasis/vps-script

From there you can yum firefox or any gui app.

Interesting. I have not used Centos yet.