Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E3 or i7 for $40?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E3 or i7 for $40?

peixotormspeixotorms Member
edited July 2017 in Requests

Hi there,

Other offers welcome, anytime (I always need new servers).
Dedicated cloud offers are welcome too.

I need a dedicated server with very good single thread performance for development and testing some staging sites. If anyone can provide the following for $40/month, please let me know.

USA (anywhere), Canada (East), London, Amsterdam

CPU: 3~4 cores, with a "single thread rating" on cpubenchmark.net of 2000+)

RAM: 8G or 16Gb

Disk: 1x 128GB, (but 200GB is preferably)

Network:

• 1 Gbps or more (faster is better)
  • up to 1TB transfer (but usually, 200 to 500 GB )
  • good peering, preferably directly peered to cloudflare and google / aws
  • good transfer speeds to Europe (but not critical)

Setup:

• No setup fees
  • Quick setup (no more than 24 hours, preferably instant setup)
  • Paypal preferably
  • If you're registered in Europe, quote it with VAT included (23% for Portugal).

Please post or pm, a test IP and a 1GB file for download speed test.

So far, good candidates seem to be the dedicated offers from:
ramnode, buyvm

But still looking for other offers.
Thanks

Comments

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

$40 per month or year ?

if its monthly , then you can get what you looking , less then your budget .

• @RIYAD said:
    $40 per month or year ?

if its monthly , then you can get what you looking , less then your budget .

Or 1-time (non recurring) :-)

Thanked by 1WHT
  • IshaqIshaq Member

@qps has $40 E3s I believe. Atlanta should be suitable for Europe.

Thanked by 1qps

@wlambrechts please contact with cloudatcost.com and it will cost something at the very end :D

• peixotormspeixotorms Member
    edited July 2017

@RIYAD @wlambrechts @Ishaq that's "up to" $40 monthly budget :)

• @Clouvider have a great promo.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
    edited July 2017

you can get dedicated server with that budget as Ishaq suggest go with QuickPacket or Virmach

• Indeed, but not any server... I specifically need 4 cores, with a "single thread rating" on cpubenchmark.net of at least 2000 + the requirements I posted.

Will take a look at those nevertheless, thanks.

• With the price all i remember just Quickpacket (us), Virmach (Us), Sys (fr and ca), hetzner (germany), online.net (fr) here is traceroute from my online.net to my site at cloudflare

[root@xxx ~]# traceroute mydomain.com
    traceroute to mydomain.com (104.28.23.87), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
     1  62-210-141-1.rev.poneytelecom.eu (62.210.141.1)  0.788 ms  0.941 ms  1.094 ms
     2  a9k2-45x-s31-2.dc3.poneytelecom.eu (195.154.1.44)  0.586 ms  0.779 ms  0.977 ms
     3  pni-th2-a9k2.th2.poneytelecom.eu (195.154.1.75)  12.581 ms  12.570 ms  12.555 ms
     4  equinix-paris.cloudflare.com (195.42.144.143)  12.543 ms  12.523 ms  12.503 ms
     5  104.28.23.87 (104.28.23.87)  12.457 ms  12.454 ms  12.425 ms 
    Thanked by 1qps
  • Sys, hetzner, online have setup fees.
    Qps and virmach not exactly what I need.

• FredQcFredQc Member

@peixotorms said:
    Sys, hetzner, online have setup fees.

SYS have no setup fees.

Thanked by 1Aidan
    edited July 2017

@FredQc Indeed, but they have 250 Mbps network.
    When I do a loadtest for 2000 users... it will not survive.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

Edit: NVM OVH/SoYouStart is not wanted

I've been able to get 500mbps down and up on my SoYouStart $49 i7 but I believe that was burst data or an incorrect speedtest.

A provider would have to reply here and hopefully make you an acceptable offer since you need guaranteed bandwidh

• @peixotorms said:
    Sys, hetzner, online have setup fees.

Hetzner auction doesn't have setup fees https://robot.your-server.de/order/market
    Or you can try online special at early month as there is much user cancel their server https://www.online.net/en/summer-2017/sales

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

Until a few days ago i had several i7 2600 with 32gb ram for around 45$ in Germany available, but they are all sold out by now.

How is it about virtualized servers ?

What operating system do you need ?

• @ChristianDSH

Hetzner auctions is great, but the cheapest server with SSD is already overbudget.

Virtualized (as long as my requirements are fulfilled) is fine.
    I just need Ubuntu 16.04 x64 basically.

@peixotorms

Actually i was not talking about Hetzner but my own dedicated dedicated sales page :)

I could provide you the following vmware virtualized server for 20€ / 23.43 USD monthly

Disk space is 400GB

Benchmark:

According to cpubenchmark.net that processor has a single thread rating of 2068.

edited July 2017

@ChristianDSH

Frankfurt is not ideal for me (US would be better) but it looks like a good offer, so maybe I'll take it.

The i3770 is a bit old, so could you possibly do this quick test (less than 2 minutes) and let me know by pm, (or here). If it's what I expect, I'll take it.

Ubuntu 16.04:

cd /tmp
    wget https://repo.percona.com/apt/percona-release_0.1-4.$(lsb_release -sc)_all.deb
    dpkg -i percona-release_0.1-4.$(lsb_release -sc)_all.deb
    apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
    apt-get install -y --allow-downgrades --allow-remove-essential --allow-change-held-packages percona-server-server-5.7 percona-server-common-5.7 percona-server-client-5.7

Run:

mysql

and once inside mysql, run twice:

SELECT BENCHMARK(1000000,ENCODE('hello',RAND()));

And just to confirm, this CPU will be dedicated to me, correct?
    Sometimes I need to run scripts for 24+ hours at full speed (such as processing a few million small json files).

peixotorms said: And just to confirm, this CPU will be dedicated to me, correct? Sometimes I need to run scripts for 24+ hours at full speed (such as processing a few million small json files).

You could fully use the cores, but in regard to the json processing, does that mean that you would use 500Mbit/s + during a 24h period constantly ?

edited July 2017

@ChristianDSH said:
    You could fully use the cores, but in regard to the json processing, does that mean that you would use 500Mbit/s + during a 24h period constantly ?

No network needed for that, just CPU.

Sometimes I have projects that require a lot of processing, filtering, etc and inserting on a database. Usually, I have the json files on a local directory and I can simply upload them inside a zip file (2~3 GB) and let the server do the processing. The only time it uses the network is when I upload the file and when I download the database dump.

Sometimes I need to do some load tests for 1 minute (max), and that will probably use 1Gbps.
    Although it's short bursts, I'm looking for dedicated or dedicated cloud, so I don't have others complaining about it.