Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centos 7 in 3TB HD - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centos 7 in 3TB HD

2»

Comments

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi Falzo, You're right. There are some cultural differences that definitely change how people do business in both countries, one of the more obvious ones being the expectation in Germany to cancel contracts in advance. Another one is the good personal data protection laws, which makes it difficult to do support on social media.
    Nekki, don't worry. ;) We don't have any plans to advertise here at the moment. One of my colleagues pointed out that we get mentioned here sometimes, and thought it was worth looking into. We won't be offering technical support here. But I can help answer general questions. --Katie

• I think it has occur as your server is not perfect with this environment that is the reason it is having issues ordinarily 3 TB hard plate ought not be issue for Centos 7. you can go for committed server it is smarter to have 3 TB dedicated server rather than 3 TB VPS. Or please ensure your/boot is on a different segment toward the starting it's as yet an issue on a few machines.

Thanked by 1noqqkk
  • @Breezehost said:
    I think it has occur as your server is not perfect with this environment that is the reason it is having issues ordinarily 3 TB hard plate ought not be issue for Centos 7. you can go for committed server it is smarter to have 3 TB dedicated server rather than 3 TB VPS. Or please ensure your/boot is on a different segment toward the starting it's as yet an issue on a few machines.

Many thanks for your information.

• @noqqkk said:
    Thanks all. Finally I installed Centos 7 using ISO by myself.

After tried several times installed using ISO, I found it must be failure if put 2.9TB in /(root). I finally assigned 100GB for /(root) and other remaining disk size to the separated partition e.g. /backup.

I've had a problem with a Dell R610 and an ~6TB (4x 2TB HDD, raid5) vdisk where it was fine until a kernel update put the kernel above 2TB, in which case Rebooting ended up in a grub error "read beyond end of disk"

This was Proxmox/Debian but I'd imagine the same applies to other distros using a legacy bios boot.
    Hence my suggestion to always have an smaller /boot partition at the beginning of the drive

Sadly the raid card wouldn't boot properly from UEFI either.

Thanked by 1noqqkk