Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stroix Servers | Netherlands Dedicated Servers | 1Gbps | SmartDC | €30
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stroix Servers | Netherlands Dedicated Servers | 1Gbps | SmartDC | €30

BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

“Necessity is the mother of invention” and it also happens to be of Stroix. Stroix was conceptualized to fulfill the need of the “the one we’re looking for” type of Dedicated Servers based off Netherlands. Due to the increase in demands for dedicated servers from this region, there has been a bombardment of many hosts providing dedicated servers. From these ever increasing providers, all providing one and the same kind of plans, customers usually are in a fix as to which ones to go for and which ones to leave out. In such a competitive scenario, there actually is less offered by hosts to the customers at the same pricing. So, customers don’t get what is worth their money.

Netherlands Dedicated Servers

Budget Netherlands Servers

• Intel Xeon X3430 (4x2.40GHz) - 4GB DDR3 RAM - 250GB SATA HDD - 25TB Bandwidth - 1Gbps Port - € 31.50/mo

• Intel Xeon X3430 (4x2.40GHz) - 8GB DDR3 RAM - 2x250GB SATA HDD - 25TB Bandwidth - 1Gbps Port - € 35.50/mo

• Intel Xeon X3430 (4x2.40GHz) - 8GB DDR3 RAM - 1TB SATA HDD - 25TB Bandwidth - 1Gbps Port - € 38/mo

Xeon E3 Netherlands Servers

• Intel Xeon E3-1230 (4x3.20GHz) - 4GB DDR3 RAM - 1TB SATA HDD - 25TB Bandwidth - 1Gbps Port - € 42/mo

Budget Netherlands Servers

• Intel Xeon X3430 (4x2.40GHz) - 4GB DDR3 RAM - 1TB SATA HDD - 25TB Bandwidth - 1Gbps Port - € 30/mo

• Intel Xeon X3430 (4x2.40GHz) - 8GB DDR3 RAM - 2TB SATA HDD - 25TB Bandwidth - 1Gbps Port - € 36/mo

More configurations are available here: Netherlands Dedicated Server

Whats' included

• 1 IPv4 (more can be ordered)
  • 1Gbps Port
  • 25TB Bandwidth (more can be ordered)
  • Housed in SmartDC Datacenter (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
  • Unlimited OS Reloads
  • Free Hardware Replacement (in case of hardware failure)
  • Free cPanel installation (license has to be acquired externally)

• Email Support: image

• Pre Sales Inquiry: Support System - All questions regarding sales & support here.

• Order Page: Order Products

• Terms of Service: TOS

• Acceptable Usage Policy: AUP

• Privacy Policy: PP

Comments

• Is there a guaranteed throughput on that 1Gbps link?

• Never got reply on your Live Chat :( ... improve the support first.

• I was interested for a second until I noticed "most" only have single HDD. It really isn't worth having a server without at least two disks for RAID as HDD's always dies, its just a matter of time.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

@someSguy said:
    Is there a guaranteed throughput on that 1Gbps link?

Nope.

@wa44io4 said:
    Never got reply on your Live Chat :( ... improve the support first.

Strange, we just had a visitor who chatted with us and wanted to get a server to DDoS :D I wonder who it was.

@majestic said:
    I was interested for a second until I noticed "most" only have single HDD. It really isn't worth having a server without at least two disks for RAID as HDD's always dies, its just a matter of time.

I guess you haven't looked at our plans/pricing page thoroughly.
    The Dell Poweredge R210 chassis has 2 HDD Bays & we offer 2 HDDs to be configured in the server setup page (Example: https://my.stroix.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=1)

Similarly, the HP Proliant DL120 Chassis has 4 HDD Bays and you can have 4 disks configured (Example: https://my.stroix.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=3) though on the setup page you'll find just 2 slots but if you open a ticket we'll configure/edit the extra 2 bays too.

• majesticmajestic Member
    edited July 2017

Thanks @BlaZe, no I only looked on the offerings on this page, I didn't check your actual website out. You only had one listed on this page as having two drives.

I would suggest you mention it in the main section as most people won't go browsing the main companies websites unless something here looks interesting enough to investigate further.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@majestic said:
    Thanks @BlaZe, no I only looked on the offerings on this page, I didn't check your actual website out. You only had one listed on this page as having two drives.

I would suggest you mention it in the main section as most people won't go browsing the main companies websites unless something here looks interesting enough to investigate further.

Thank you, duly noted. Will edit now. Thank you again for the suggestion.

• In which country is your company officially registered @BlaZe ? And do you own the hardware or do you rent them?

• drivexdrivex Member

@JasperNL said:
    In which country is your company officially registered @BlaZe ? And do you own the hardware or do you rent them?

Wondering too. It's always a little bit shady when providers doesn't list a postal address on their website. At least i didn't found one.

• Going by their whois info probably India.

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • Are you using a custom exchange rate? Google shows 42 euro to be over 49 usd

• majesticmajestic Member
    edited July 2017

USD -> EUROS at the moment according to http://xe.com which is still IMO the best source shows the following.

US Dollar
    1 USD = 0.851104 EUR
    ↔Euro
    1 EUR = 1.17494 USD

42 EUR =49.3515USD

So yeah the rates are spot on.

• @BlaZe said:

@majestic said:

Thank you, duly noted. Will edit now. Thank you again for the suggestion.

No worries, any time. I just know personally from my own point of view, I very rarely visit companies main websites unless an offer is really tempting to lure me to learn more.

• @majestic said:
    USD -> EUROS at the moment according to http://xe.com which is still IMO the best source shows the following.

US Dollar
    1 USD = 0.851104 EUR
    ↔Euro
    1 EUR = 1.17494 USD

42 EUR =49.3515USD

Ye, but LET only allows up to 49 usd/month offers.

• @teamacc said:

@majestic said:

US Dollar
    1 USD = 0.851104 EUR
    ↔Euro
    1 EUR = 1.17494 USD

42 EUR =49.3515USD

Even so but its cents/pennies, its not $50+ and in any case, currencies very from hour to hour, day by day so when its high end, you will never get it 100% perfect. Also likely chance that when they originally posted it was still within $48-49.

I really think your taking the rules too literal.

• @majestic said:

@teamacc said:

@majestic said:

US Dollar
    1 USD = 0.851104 EUR
    ↔Euro
    1 EUR = 1.17494 USD

42 EUR =49.3515USD

Even so but its cents/pennies, its not $50+ and in any case, currencies very from hour to hour, day by day so when its high end, you will never get it 100% perfect. Also likely chance that when they originally posted it was still within $48-49.

I really think your taking the rules too literal.

Which is exactly why the "post current exchange rate" rule is there.

I don't see any way to take "under 49 usd" any less literal

• @JasperNL said:
    In which country is your company officially registered @BlaZe ? And do you own the hardware or do you rent them?

He isn't a registered company. On the WHOIS, the details shows his private address, and email.

"[email protected]" <- about the weirdest email on the planet

• JasperNLJasperNL Member
    edited August 2017

doghouch said: He isn't a registered company. On the WHOIS, the details shows his private address, and email.

"[email protected]" <- about the weirdest email on the planet

I'm wondering if it should be read as "Sashank, bad gamer", or "Sashankbad, gamer". In either way I turned down his offer because it just smells too fishy... I'm also wondering how he could've gotten a provider tag to start with.