Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Only $1.03 for your first month or $10.48 for your first year, Unmanaged VPS, Very Dependable!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Only $1.03 for your first month or $10.48 for your first year, Unmanaged VPS, Very Dependable!

ForwardWebForwardWeb Member, Host Rep

Big Savings on Virtual Private Servers, exclusive to LET: 65% off all VPS web hosting plans (Good for all billing cycles), offer ends soon so act fast! Use Discount Code: 65offLET

Great Service, Fast Service, Dependable Service, Give Forward Web hosting a try (All VPS Servers come with a 7 day money back guarantee). “With Speed, security and redundancy in mind, Forward Web servers are strategically located in Dallas, TX, connected to a network that is built for enterprise, yet priced for the small business.”

Use Discount Code: 65offLET

FGG VPS 256MB - OpenVZ
  • 256MB of RAM
  • Equal Share CPU
  • 15GB Raid 10 protected disk space
  • 500 GB of Bandwidth - (1000Mbit)
  • One Dedicated Ip Address

only $1.03 for your first month or $10.48 for your first year (with discount code: 65offLET)

Click Here to Sign-Up

*Rates after initial term are $2.95 per month or $29.95 per year

Our servers are built using enterprise grade hardware (built for 24/7 use). We take your website serious, therefore we take our server hardware and network serious. Our Servers are centrally located in Dallas, TX inside of the Data-bank building.

Comments

• Welcome back, FernGully. Let's see if you decide to spam your offers again.

• ForwardWebForwardWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

@doghouch said:
    Welcome back, FernGully. Let's see if you decide to spam your offers again.

Spam? Our company has not, and never will conduct in any spamming.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ForwardWeb said:

@doghouch said:

It's not really "spam" it's just that you post the same offers over and over according to the rules. It's the "flair" scene from Office Space, if you've seen it. It's kind of like "Yes you've done the bare minimum, and that's okay, but we're disappointed that you don't want to do more."

Doing the bare minimum and meeting the rules exactly, not participating in the community or making particularly attractive offers to much of the crowd here, it just feels like you probably have posting here on your to-do list as an item to knock out at the appropriate time and move on. It's okay, it's acceptable, just several people are disappointed by it.

Thanked by 2doghouch pike

@jarland said:

@ForwardWeb said:

@doghouch said:

It's not really "spam" it's just that you post the same offers over and over according to the rules. It's the "flair" scene from Office Space, if you've seen it. It's kind of like "Yes you've done the bare minimum, and that's okay, but we're disappointed that you don't want to do more."

Doing the bare minimum and meeting the rules exactly, not participating in the community or making particularly attractive offers to much of the crowd here, it just feels like you probably have posting here on your to-do list as an item to knock out at the appropriate time and move on. It's okay, it's acceptable, just several people are disappointed by it.

Well there is a big difference between someone accusing someone of spamming vs simply saying, hey, why don't you get more involved in the community? Truth of the matter is, as a business you will never be able to make everyone happy and I will argue that any business that plays their offerings solely on what the consumer wants, will soon find themselves out of business (especially within an environment like LET).

With that being said, I will make a note to try to chime in a little more.

• @ForwardWeb

Let's get you started on participating.

Give me 3 reasons why I shouldn't just use RamNode.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2017

@ForwardWeb That is not true. BuyVM (@Francisco) follows the market (slices, for example). Yes, they don't build their entire company on what a consumer desires, but they do a darn good job of it.

That said, I'm not sure what deadpooling as to do with being active in the community.

Oh, and here is a little taste of what you've been giving us:

Well, I cant comment on their services specifically (because I have never used them), however I can give you a few reasons why someone might want to go with Forward Web over RamNode:

1.) Location. For those that have a geographical preference for where their servers are physically located. RamNode does not have any locations near the center of the USA. We are exclusively located in Dallas, TX.

2.) No phone support or at least none that is openly advertised. Although I will argue that most Support issues are better handled over tickets. Its still nice to have the option to pick-up the phone and simply be re-assured that your ticket is being worked on or when things hit the fan, to be able to talk to a human. Although we have specific phone hours, if the need ever comes up to talk to a human, we are available.

3.) Diversity in services. Part of what makes Forward Web great is we understand what makes the web go round. With RamNode, you are fairly limited to one product, an unmanaged VPS. With Forward Web, we have you covered in just about every relevant aspect you can think of.

With that being said, thats not to say RamNode is not a great company. However at the end of the day I am a firm believe in there being no "best" provider, but rather finding a provider that is best for you. If that company is RamNode, well hey, more power to you. If you find that is Forward Web, well, you are always welcome.

edited July 2017

@doghouch said:
    @ForwardWeb That is not true. BuyVM (@Francisco) follows the market (slices, for example). Yes, they don't build their entire company on what a consumer desires, but they do a darn good job of it.

That said, I'm not sure what deadpooling as to do with being active in the community.

Oh, and here is a little taste of what you've been giving us:

Oh no.. you caught us, we post an advertisement roughly every two weeks.. eek.. someone sound the alarm, spammer alert :-)

Seriously though, not really sure where the offense is occurring. I'd understand if you were seeing our posts everyday or even once every few days, but goodness. As a member of any forum, you have to accept that you are going to come across advertising (its how the forum survives).

As for your other point, as a business you always follow the market. However you do not let the market dictate your pricing. Especially with web hosting, you'll quickly find yourself in a race towards the bottom and then nobody wins.

• ForwardWeb said: quickly find yourself in a race towards the bottom and then nobody wins.

Well said. I respect you sticking to your gun on this and not letting us bully you all the way to the deadpool.

Your "Click here to sign up" link is throwing an SSL error on Chrome. NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

@NodePing said:

ForwardWeb said: quickly find yourself in a race towards the bottom and then nobody wins.

Well said. I respect you sticking to your gun on this and not letting us bully you all the way to the deadpool.

Your "Click here to sign up" link is throwing an SSL error on Chrome. NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Bummer, thank you for pointing that out. I thought we had updated all of our links as we recently rebranded, the correct sign-up link should be: https://secure.forwardweb.net/cart.php?gid=7

• @ForwardWeb

Eh, close enough. Now start doing this type of thing in other posts, and we'll all be happy :p