Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with 2gbit or more
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with 2gbit or more

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited January 2012 in General

Hey

I'm looking for a VPS with 2gbit or more
Ram and Disk Space doesn't matter

i already know BuyVM has 2gbit, but i don't want one there now

I hope someone knows a few :)

Comments

• I'm curious, why do you need 2gbit? And you do realize if you get a VPS with 2gbit it's not dedicated 2gbit, right?

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited January 2012

I want to test my Home Connection against Dos
    I installed a new Cisco Router with Cisco Guard, and i just want to test it out

it's doesn't need to be 2gbit dedicated

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

i already know BuyVM has 2gbit

Er.....BuyVM is 1gbit, which is pretty much what most providers top out at as the next level up from there is 10gbit, and 10gbit network cards aren't exactly common (or even readily available) yet.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ramnet said: Er.....BuyVM is 1gbit, which is pretty much what most providers top out at as the next level up from there is 10gbit, and 10gbit network cards aren't exactly common (or even readily available) yet.

Correct that we're gbit but you can do bonded ethernet to get any combo of BW.

Granted, where do you plan to find a host that's going to be OK with you ddos'ing besides some crap shoots like HF?

Francisco

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

We used to do 2Gbps internal but changed that shortly after ditching the SAN setup since it wasn't needed.

• DOS your home connection? o_O
    Ehm, I think there are better ways to DOS than just flooding with traffic... u_u

• What kind of home connection do you have that you need 2 gigabit to effect a DOS attack on yourself?!

• i got a 30mbit home connection, but i got Cisco Router, with Cisco Guard
    in the manual it says that it blocks attacks upto 5gbit, and i want to test that haha

• Ridiculous

Thanked by 2Christian Gary
  • KuroKuro Member
    edited January 2012

@joodle it would only be capable of blocking the attack if you had more bandwidth than the size of the attack.

Last I checked 2Gbps was ~68 times the size of 30Mbps ;)

• @joodle said: i got a 30mbit home connection, but i got Cisco Router, with Cisco Guard

in the manual it says that it blocks attacks upto 5gbit

You need to have 5gbit to test it, you have 30mbit, so if I send 31mbit of data at you, your link is flooded regardless.

• I'm sure if Cisco advertises 5Gbps flood protection, they've already tested it. You don't need to test their claims on your piddly home network connection.