Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any interest in 525GB KVM Storage? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any interest in 525GB KVM Storage?

Comments

• PatsPats Member

umm.. tat means same stuff on OpenVz will be for $5 ?? :P

• @Pats said:
    umm.. tat means same stuff on OpenVz will be for $5 ?? :P

Nope. :p

• Anyone still interested in this after the OVH incident?

• GunterGunter Member
    edited July 2013

Ovh isn't even delivering to non-EU customers, and others will fret over giving away ID after the latest hack.

You still have huge market potential. Especially considering they are swamped and probably can't meet demand.

• xsetxset Member

@darknyan I do not know for certain if they actually store the IDs anywhere when ordering. I've been never asked to send any IDs when ordering. Only when cancellation was done beforehand (sending a cancellation request), they asked for ID, but they said those papers are destroyed and not stored anywhere.

• xsetxset Member

@concerto49 I might be interested in 1 TB deal, but it should cost 12$ (kimsufi 4g is about that price).

• GunterGunter Member
    edited July 2013

@xset said:
    darknyan I do not know for certain if they actually store the IDs anywhere when ordering. I've been never asked to send any IDs when ordering. Only when cancellation was done beforehand (sending a cancellation request), they asked for ID, but they said those papers are destroyed and not stored anywhere.

I know for some websites, it isn't necessary (namely .co.uk), but for North Americans, Ireland, non-VAT people, it is indeed necessary.

I've asked them and they do store the documents for a period of 1 year after your cancel your services with OVH. Their excuse is fraud prevention, counter-terrorism and police cooperation.

• xsetxset Member

@darknyan Well, I got a different answer, at least the papers I sent to local office were destroyed in a paper shredder according to them. I guess the practice is different in different countries.

• skaska Member

@darknyan said:
    I've asked them and they do store the documents for a period of 1 year after your cancel your services with OVH. Their excuse is fraud prevention, counter-terrorism and police cooperation.

This doesn't count for all countries. For German customers they don't store the documents at all because it is forbidden by law to save gov. ID for private/non-gov purposes.

• GunterGunter Member

@xset said:
    darknyan Well, I got a different answer, at least the papers I sent to local office were destroyed in a paper shredder according to them. I guess the practice is different in different countries.

That's different. They don't have the capacity to store physical documents in a policy where they have to be kept and shredded. It's easier to do so in a virtual ecosystem.

@ska said:
    This doesn't count for all countries. For German customers they don't store the documents at all because it is forbidden by law to save gov. ID for private/non-gov purposes.

Completely true.

• xsetxset Member

@darknyan Nothing prevents them from scanning the papers, which they apparently do not do.

• imperioimperio Member
    edited July 2013

My observium monitoring data consumes 50gb/month of hdd space.If you allow usage other than backup(additional fee is possible) i am willing to migrate.

• @imperio You are more than welcome to use a backup VPS for any purpose that isn't outlined in our usual Terms of Service (which apply to all packages.)

• @jkr1711 thank you for clarification.Actually i prefer east coast or at least central US for the sake of latency thats why i am interested in 525gb of space in dallas.I am using a dedicated server in miami for this purpose however hdd is limited due to raid 1 and i need more space in order to keep old months of monitoring data.

• xsetxset Member

@imperio what do you monitor with observium? switch ports?

• Monitoring a mix of dedicated and virtualized infrastructure of 83 servers currently.

• xsetxset Member

@imperio what meters do you collect? is that your company's infrastructure or yours/hobby/project/monitoring for others?

• I collect everything observium collects.83 servers are used for a commercial service.

http://demo.observium.org/

• Thanks for some positive feedback. Will wait a few days more to see how OVH pans out before taking action on this.

• @concerto49 said:
    Anyone still interested in this after the OVH incident?

Definitely! OVH has no RAID and probably isn't that special performance-wise.

• Very nice special. Wish i could afford to offer a package like that!

• So did this ever end up happening?

• I don't think so.

I was rather looking forward to it, @Setsura

• @darknyan said:
    I don't think so.

I was rather looking forward to it, Setsura

Not trying to make an excuse but Internap is taking longer than expected with the 10g circuit is the status. I rather not sell Cogent only?

• Rather not ;-)

• Any 1TB storage offer.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited August 2013

@concerto49 said:
    Not trying to make an excuse but Internap is taking longer than expected with the 10g circuit is the status. I rather not sell Cogent only?

No worries mate, just was wondering how this was going. And yeah, I'd prefer you to wait than cogent only.

• if traffic is 525*30 GB, how much??

• @theenter said:
    if traffic is 525*30 GB, how much??

That is like 16TB of bandwidth. Would you mind letting us know what you'd use it for? It's about 14TB more than the initial allocation - $40/month more.

• Yes,torrent and picture hosting website allowed?