Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated CPU VPS Provider? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated CPU VPS Provider?

2»

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I think the only host I know of that really dedicates cores is buyvm based on the benchmarks.

Even buyVM sells threads-as-cores. @clouvider sells dedicated threads, and calls them by their real name.

Thanked by 2Clouvider vimalware
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

@teamacc said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    I think the only host I know of that really dedicates cores is buyvm based on the benchmarks.

Even buyVM sells threads-as-cores. @clouvider sells dedicated threads, and calls them by their real name.

Thank you very much for the recognition !

'#transparency :)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Falzo What about netcup then? Their head of staff "Felix" stated in the netcup forum more than once that you can continuously max out their dedicated cpu cores.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Ympker said:
    @Falzo What about netcup then? Their head of staff "Felix" stated in the netcup forum more than once that you can continuously max out their dedicated cpu cores.

Yes exactly. I don't want to bother and as long as the performance I get matches my expectations everything is fine and I'll gladly accept them being advertised as "dedicated" even if they technically are still shared.

My expectations on a VM aren't necessarily that the performance of two (dedicated) cores equal those on a dedicated rootserver. But that's just my point of view...

After all I usually don't have many use cases which require raw cpu power at all, but if I want to reencode videos or have to compress/decompress GBs of data occassionaly I am not willimg to bother about limitations. That is dedicated enough to me and probably a lot of other customers ;-)

For netcup I did run geekbench and such quite often and never really saw results which I would consider not matching what I've ordered even for their smaller vserver range which is not advertised as dedicated...

same goes for ultravps.eu VMs or buyvm slices - that's what I wanted to point out. as long as the performance is reasonable for being called "dedicated" that's probably good enough for most people ;)

Thanked by 2Ympker UltraVPS
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited July 2017

@noqqkk said:

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:
    All of our plans at SpeedyKVM.com have dedicated CPU and Resources. Here are some of our CPU models.

(E5-2630 v4 2.2GHz) Seattle
    (E5-2667 v4 3.2Ghz) New York
    (E3-1230 3.2Ghz) Dallas

All of your plans mean V-DEDICATED plan? I just found this plan is Dallas only.

I just need 1-2 dedicated core(s) CPU depending on price. 8 dedicated cores in your V-DEDICATED plan really too much for me. Thanks.

All of our plans have dedicated cores, not just V-Dedicated. V-Dedicated is 1 customer per node. We are happy to just keep building nodes vs packing our nodes where customers can't use the resources they paid for. Only process we don't allow is bitcoin mining.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@teamacc said:

@AnthonySmith said:

We actually listed them as threads for a good while but it caused far more confusion/questions/etc than just calling them cores like most people expect.

Anyone that asks (and even without asking) we explain what it is and people have been more than happy with that.

Francisco

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith Falzo
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Falzo Just confirmed with their support:
    Dedicated CPU cores can be used at any time 24/7, 7 days a week without limitations.

Thanked by 2Falzo noqqkk
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@AshleyUK from ZXHost (Aff.Link) also offers dedicated CPU VMs. Probably not the cheapest ones you might find, but service is reliable and support is great.

Thanked by 1noqqkk