Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about additional IPs for OVH 2016 VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question about additional IPs for OVH 2016 VPS

AbajoAbajo Member

Hello, trying to purchase additional IPs for my OVH 2016 VPS OVH say that they not charge monthly.
Doing a research on Google I find that's the truth: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/28487/question-about-ovh-and-ips

But if I try to purchase an additional IPs, the invoice say my IPs will expire next month. I don't understand. My VPS expire in a month too, so is the duration of additional IPs related to my VPS? If my VPS would expire within one year, will the additional domaine expire in a year too?
This is absolutely not clear to me and I would like some proof before doing any purchase... thank you

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Send them a ticket. Ask them. This is not OVH Helpdesk, even if there are two OVH employees here these days.

Thanked by 1mk1
  • AbajoAbajo Member

Useless answer. They won't work at 11:26PM, even if they actually do they won't answer.
    I'm asking this question to guys that actually use additional IPs. There isn't a question like this on google, so this could help someone in the future.

Seriously, your answer it's like those who answer "search your answer on google" to a question. Then when you search something on google, you find their answer telling you to searching the answer on google even if it's the thing you actually did.

• YuraYura Member

@Abajo said:
    Hello, trying to purchase additional IPs for my OVH 2016 VPS OVH say that they not charge monthly.
    Doing a research on Google I find that's the truth: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/28487/question-about-ovh-and-ips

But if I try to purchase an additional IPs, the invoice say my IPs will expire next month. I don't understand. My VPS expire in a month too, so is the duration of additional IPs related to my VPS? If my VPS would expire within one year, will the additional domaine expire in a year too?
    This is absolutely not clear to me and I would like some proof before doing any purchase... thank you

Yes.

Thanked by 1Abajo
  • No, they show up on your invoice but are 100% free, when you renew your VPS they'll be on your invoice for $0.00

Yes, they're 100% free reoccuoring, I have 6 OVH VPS SSD, Cloud, and RAM 2016 VPSs all with additional IPs and that is how it works for me

Thanked by 1Abajo
  • GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

I can send you screenshots of my own invoices as well if you'd like more proof or talk to them in person at +1-855-OVH-LINE (1-855-684-5463) their phone support on this phone number is 24/7/365 you can call them at 4 AM or 11 PM and they'll be there, I can confirm this as I've called them at those hours and they've been available.

Thanked by 1Abajo
  • WSSWSS Member

@Abajo said:
    Useless answer. They won't work at 11:26PM, even if they actually do they won't answer.
    I'm asking this question to guys that actually use additional IPs. There isn't a question like this on google, so this could help someone in the future.

Seriously, your answer it's like those who answer "search your answer on google" to a question. Then when you search something on google, you find their answer telling you to searching the answer on google even if it's the thing you actually did.

I hope they turn you off for being an arrogant prick while asking for help. I hope they remove all of your IPs and you're left with no way to connect but through an SSH tunnel. I hope your hard drive gets bitrot and lies for a few weeks before everything is lost. I wish you nothing but the best EGI hosting in your future.

Thanked by 2Aidan FredQc
  • AbajoAbajo Member

@WSS said:

@Abajo said:

I hope they turn you off for being an arrogant prick while asking for help. I hope they remove all of your IPs and you're left with no way to connect but through an SSH tunnel. I hope your hard drive gets bitrot and lies for a few weeks before everything is lost. I wish you nothing but the best EGI hosting in your future.

You was the arrogant by first, so shut up and learn some common sense.

Yura and ethancedrik, thank you very much for your answer.

• AidanAidan Member

WSS said: I wish you nothing but the best EGI hosting in your future.

That's taking it way too far...

Thanked by 1sin