Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anything wrong with Cloudrino.net?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anything wrong with Cloudrino.net?

farsighterfarsighter Member
edited July 2017 in Outages

They haven't answered my ticket for weeks, and now can't even log into account (MYSQL error).

My Alpha VPS has been down long time.

@cloudrino

Comments

• WickedWicked Member

Look at your calendar. It’s July.

• @Wicked said:

Still, delay is too long.

• WickedWicked Member

@farsighter said:

@Wicked said:

Still, delay is too long.

Exactly ;)

• @farsighter

Sigh, what he means is that it's summer, and that's the time when summerhosts roam. Another property of summerhosts is that they tend to fail, quickly and utterly.

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited July 2017

Ah OK whatever.. I thought he meant summer vacations/holidays in India (where @cloudrino is coming from), and I'm not too familiar.

Cloudrino has been a good & stable provider for (exactly) 2 years now - not some passing breeze - and from my experience (as a free user) company uses to efficiently answer tickets within a couple of business days. I believe we should give them more credit.

• EdmondEdmond Member

@farsighter said:

Ah OK whatever.. I thought he meant summer vacations/holidays in India (where @cloudrino is coming from), and I'm not too familiar.

Cloudrino has been a good & stable provider for (exactly) 2 years now - not some passing breeze - and from my experience (as a free user) company uses to efficiently answer tickets within a couple of business days. I believe we should give them more credit.

I didn't know that the free VPS thing really works. People are queued up forever and so hardy anyone gets them...

• @Edmond said:

@farsighter said:

I didn't know that the free VPS thing really works. People are queued up forever and so hardy anyone gets them...

I picked one up when they first opened. :)

• EdmondEdmond Member

@doghouch said:

@Edmond said:

@farsighter said:

Dam it! How long was that ago?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2017

@Edmond said:

@doghouch said:

@Edmond said:

@farsighter said:

~2 years.

It's been chugging along, but I've powered it down.

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited July 2017

@doghouch said:

@Edmond said:

@doghouch said:

@Edmond said:

@farsighter said:

~2 years.

It's been chugging along, but I've powered it down.

Well than I was probably around six months slow before I found it...

This reminds me of VPSBit's free VPS, the common thing is both of them never restocks. D:

• saibalsaibal Member

@doghouch: you forgot to remove your ip. Shouldn't leave it around in LET :D

• @saibal said:
    @doghouch: you forgot to remove your ip. Shouldn't leave it around in LET :D

It's fine. The server is powered off, so it doesn't really affect me. (apart from contesting Cloudrino's network, but I'll deal with that if an attack hits)

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2017

ah rats. I read it as Cloudron and was confused until the bit about the 'FREE' vps.

Nope. nope. not touching that. (cloudron is a good product , I was referring to free VPS)

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@Edmond said:
    This reminds me of VPSBit's free VPS, the common thing is both of them never restocks. D:

We did restock a couple of times. So your statement is incorrect.

Also if people do not renew/continue their VMs then it gets terminated and there is room for new users to claim the free VMs.

Keep looking at http://vpsbit.com/free-vps.php :D

• EdmondEdmond Member

@BlaZe said:

@Edmond said:

We did restock a couple of times. So your statement is incorrect.

Also if people do not renew/continue their VMs then it gets terminated and there is room for new users to claim the free VMs.

Keep looking at http://vpsbit.com/free-vps.php :D

Well... time to keep staring at that page. Thought someone had plans to do a NAT VPS for free since that gets rid of the expensive IPs.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Edmond said: Well... time to keep staring at that page. Thought someone had plans to do a NAT VPS for free since that gets rid of the expensive IPs.

Yeah it's on the agenda, but it gets pushed back in favor of other (more important) things. The free VPS is really only done using whatever spare resources are available (including man hours) so even personal issues take priority over the free VPS. This has been a particularly busy few months for us but hopefully things will calm down closer to the end of the year and then we can get back to the free VPS on NAT addresses.