Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why shouldn't SolusVM have this? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why shouldn't SolusVM have this?

2»

Comments

• @InfiniteTech said:
    What about access from mobile devices? You've basically excluded smartphones and tablets. At least the Apple variety.

Don't those devices too have applications like Keepass to create and store secure passwords?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

@InfiniteTech said:
    What about access from mobile devices? You've basically excluded smartphones and tablets. At least the Apple variety.

I thought iOS supports it now? And works fine on my Android.

Anyway that's not an excuse to switch to something arguably worse than basic password protection (with recommendation for complex passwords) + PBKDF2 (something being uploading a private key, which attacker can upload the same thing to authenticate).

• No, I meant... how would you upload the keys from mobile devices on to the login page? You cannot even store those keys on your device in a manner that you can retrieve it for a web application served through the browser.

You will need to design a native app for each platform in that case.

• bdtechbdtech Member

@InfiniteTech You could easily use a jump box in between your mobile and the server

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@InfiniteTech said:
    No, I meant... how would you upload the keys from mobile devices on to the login page? You cannot even store those keys on your device in a manner that you can retrieve it for a web application served through the browser.

You will need to design a native app for each platform in that case.

Oh I thought you were talking about SSL client certificates, which is slowly getting better support in mobile.