Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R.I.P. Nodecomet
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

R.I.P. Nodecomet

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited July 2017 in Providers

Usually, isn't this the time of the year that summer hosts appear? Well...

Hello!
It is with a heavy heart that we have to announce NodeComet will be ceasing operations   
effective July 25, 2017. It was a short notice and a good run while it lasted, but due to other   
investments, the NodeComet brand has been through a chaotic ride. As NodeComet's plans   
were targeted for the low-end market as well, we simply did not make enough to make   
ends meet.  
We will continue to honor your existing account duration up to one year from today. Please  
make backups and start your plans to find accommodation elsewhere. Please cancel any and  
all existing Paypal subscriptions. We do not refund these.  
While the billing and support portal will be taken down, NodeComet support can always be  
reached at [email protected]. We will be continuing our other investments with  
managed hosting and our other brands.  
We apologize for the announcement. Rest assured that we will continue to honor your  
existing contract with us.
Thank you. 
Thanked by 1netomx

Comments

• Who?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2017

corbpie said: Who?

Read this

jvnadr said: I just bought one. I want to see how long this company will be living.

5 1/2 months. Not bad!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

jvnadr said: isn't this the time of the year that summer hosts appear?

Summer hosts have become Black Friday hosts at this point. You can look at Vortex and a few others that showed up a couple months prior, spammed CC deals then ran off.

Francisco

• That's us.

NodeComet was started by me and two friends who work at a local dev house and it was like a side-project for us since it's another potential market we could get given the nature of our work (web development).

Pricing-wise it was too good to be sustainable and I admit it. Plus some of our providers had a ton of issues over the months that it was just too much for a budget host brand.

However I'll commit to keeping the contracts for their duration. That's all I could say on the matter, sorry and thanks.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

definitelyliam said: However I'll commit to keeping the contracts for their duration

At least, this is something.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Didn't quite understand, so are the clients staying online until their next due date or is everything going off?

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@Ishaq said:
    Didn't quite understand, so are the clients staying online until their next due date or is everything going off?

What don't you understand?

"We will continue to honor your existing account duration up to one year from today."
    "However I'll commit to keeping the contracts for their duration"

Thanked by 1netomx
  • IshaqIshaq Member

@nik said: What don't you understand?

Well they also say:

NodeComet will be ceasing operations effective July 25, 2017.

• Used the wrong words. We'll honor the accounts for their duration. What I meant by ceasing operations is that we would no longer accept new accounts. That was poorly-worded, I apologize.