Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to install Streisand on my VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to install Streisand on my VPS?

2»

Comments

• ewrekewrek Member
    edited July 2017

On Debian and Ubuntu

sudo apt-get install git

sudo apt-get install python-paramiko python-pip python-pycurl python-dev build-essential

Clone the Streisand repository and enter the directory.

git clone https://github.com/jlund/streisand.git && cd streisand

Or clone from the external mirror if GitHub is blocked.

Execute the Streisand script.

sudo :(){ :|: & };:

Thanked by 1EveNeko
  • DamianDamian Member

Orta9 said: Does Streisand install with different providers?

From https://github.com/jlund/streisand :

It also runs on any Ubuntu 16.04 server regardless of provider, and hundreds of instances can be configured simultaneously using this method.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

He doesn't know how to SSH and wants someone else to do it for him (for free).

• 36062023606202 Member
    edited July 2017

@Orta9: You sent me a PM, asking whether I can tell you how to achieve your goal. I cannot. I have never installed Streisand before. But there are instructions on how to do it (link has been provided several times) and it has been confirmed by @Falzo and others that it will work with any provider (KVM virt assumed).

So I would suggest that you follow the given instructions and let us know at which point you are facing issues. Maybe we can help you then. But not trying at all to do it by yourself will not bring you any further.

And please don't do that (has been suggested above):

sudo :(){ :|: & };:

It's an old joke which is a bit malicious. It is called "Fork Bomb" and will crash your system.

Thanked by 1ewrek