Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Box for Email
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Box for Email

Hello Friends - My first post.

Currently hosting a small mailing list on a VPS at Shinjiru in Malaysia. I've been there since April 2016.

I went there simply because the guys that created the software / scripts had them listed on their website.

The list is small, about 8000. Its mailed just twice a month. Its adult related, all opt-in. Just 23 hard bounces in 2017.

I want to move, and hope to be on a dedicated box. Two reasons.

1- The VPS must run on a machine with too many others. The site is down at least 1 day a month, and I have to check it. If its down, I must put in a ticket as they have no automatic systems in place.

2- Today, for the second time in the past 60 days, they changed the IPs (VPS main, and others I pay extra for). They say its to improve internal datacenter performance, etc.

The reputation of the site / mail server is very important in avoiding spam filters. They had me on the same IP for 13 months and all was great. Since then, pain in the butt.

Currently, with extra charge for extra IPs, pay $43 a month.

Would like to find a dedicated box, at least 3 usable IPs, to move to in same price range, and could pay more if CPanel included.

Again, the mailing list is clean, but is adult related (model fan clubs and such).

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Comments

• TomzTomz Member

Try to raise a bit your budget and you may find something reliable.

• seanhoseanho Member

So all you want is rock-solid hosting for a mailing list? Do you really need a dedi, or would MXRoute (@jarland) or MailCheap (@mailcheap) be sufficient?

• seanho,
    Retail email services usually do not allow adult related lists, email very small clean lists.

• WSSWSS Member

@seanho said:
    So all you want is rock-solid hosting for a mailing list? Do you really need a dedi, or would MXRoute (@jarland) or MailCheap (@mailcheap) be sufficient?

I doubt any of them want to deal with adult. The moment I saw this was adult oriented, I didn't even bother past that- nobody wants to take the risk for such little reward which is guaranteed to get their IPs listed even if it is 100% CANSPAM compliant. That's just how it happens.

I'd suggest you visit GFY.com for adult related hosting inquiries. Good luck.

• @op

if you still wanted to use VPS, use Linode they wont change your IP

• GM5GM5 Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

@PicHosters said:
    Hello Friends - My first post.

Would like to find a dedicated box, at least 3 usable IPs, to move to in same price range, and could pay more if CPanel included.

Again, the mailing list is clean, but is adult related (model fan clubs and such).

We would be happy to host you as it seems you're doing everything above board from the information you've provided.

We currently have a special running for the following configuration for $35 per month but if this isn't quite what you're after then feel free to reach out and we'd be happy to assist. cPanel is not included in this price, unfortunately.

Dual L5420 (2x4 cores, 2.5Ghz, 12MB cache)  
    16 GB RAM  
    2x500 GB SATA 7200  
    /29 IPv4  (20gbps Protection included)
    5 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps

[ORDER HERE]

Hit continue to see the correct price reflected

If you have any questions feel free to let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Get a slice!

https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

cPanel is available on the $30/month plans.

Francisco

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

launchhost said: So if you are interested you can sent me an email on: [email protected]

Follow the rules! You just signed in to post this, ignoring the simplest rules!

jarland said: It is not allowed to respond to threads requesting an offer with "PM me" or "e-mail me" without having had a public thread on LowEndTalk.com with your provider details in it (in accordance with our guidelines) OR a public statement of which company you represent.

• @launchhost said:
    Hi,

We have a dedicated server but you budget is too low for a dedicated server.
    We can sell you a VPS for that price ?

So if you are interested you can sent me an email on: [email protected]

Where's my ban hammer?

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

I went there simply because the guys that created the software / scripts had them listed on their website.

Looks like you are using their software then.What kind of software they provide you?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jvnadr said:

launchhost said: So if you are interested you can sent me an email on: [email protected]

Follow the rules! You just signed in to post this, ignoring the simplest rules!

jarland said: It is not allowed to respond to threads requesting an offer with "PM me" or "e-mail me" without having had a public thread on LowEndTalk.com with your provider details in it (in accordance with our guidelines) OR a public statement of which company you represent.

Well, the intent there was to say you basically can't post like that and hide what host you represent. In this case it's in the domain they gave for the email in the post, so to me this is a public statement of what company they represent. In such a case, I am cool with it.

• hzrhzr Member

jarland said: Well, the intent there was to say you basically can't post like that and hide what host you represent. In this case it's in the domain they gave for the email in the post, so to me this is a public statement of what company they represent. In such a case, I am cool with it.

Thanked by 1jar
  • cassacassa Member

@hzr said:

3 years and he still hasn't changed...

• Thanks for all the suggestions. I've sent emails out, with some email list data/logs, to a couple of different places that seemed to fit. I'll report back when I've selected one.