Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone heard of VPS6.net?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone heard of VPS6.net?

bill32bill32 Member
edited January 2012 in General

Hi,
I'm looking around for a new Xen LEB, and it looks like VPS6.net is a good company with good plans. I've tried to search around for reviews of them, but there aren't very many. Their domain name was created in August 2011... the sign of a newly started company, which I've learned to be careful with.

Has anyone heard of them? Are they good?

Thanks,
Bill

Comments

• Hi Bill,

Thanks for your interest in our service. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, whether here, through our support system, or by email at jh[at]vps6.net.

• There was a post here that got removed as it contained an affiliate link.

I will point folks to a search of the forums as this provider has come up a few times now.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/search?Search=vps6

• Oh wow my post got deleted? Why not just edit it and put in brackets that it was edited and say don't use affiliate links? This can still be done if LEA goes into the edit/delete logs in the dashboard. That makes me sad. I got thanked for that post.

• @Naruto I agree with drmike by deleting your affiliate post. but i'm thanking to you too for being honest mentioning that link was an affiliate link + put them in very clear (not hiding behind href tag or something).

But honestly, i'm tired if i should see LET become trash can for any affiliate link "spam".

• It's buried in one of the stickies. The discussion was I believe on version 2 of the forums where they're allowed for tracking but not for "Help me out by clicking on this link since i gave it to you" type posts.

Probably moot anyway. I saw the thanks as well so I assumed that the OP had already followed the link.

• Looks like this is a form of spam to raise awareness about a provider - where someone (probably the VPS company owner) creates a new account and pretends that they are in the market for a VPS and have stumbled upon this company and acts curious about it to get some discussion going about it. (funny how vps6net was the first in to respond)

• @JoeMerit We do not market our service dishonestly. I tend to watch LET, among a number of other message boards, on an hourly basis.

Thanks

• 2 things:

1) I don't work for anyone and my only affiliation with VPS6 is that I am a happy customer. There was actually a discussion somewhere where a guy questioned my identity like you did and I posted my aliases and things I said on WHT but apparently the post was deleted. Ask @Aldryic b/c he's the one that asked I think.

2) Am I allowed to put an affiliate link in my signature? I could be like "My provider is VPS6, if you buy, here is my affiliate link." or something. Is that allowed?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Naruto said: 2) Am I allowed to put an affiliate link in my signature? I could be like "My provider is VPS6, if you buy, here is my affiliate link." or something. Is that allowed?

Even if it is allowed I don't think it should be.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@vps6net said: t We do not market our service dishonestly

Maybe but I know the first thought that went through my mind was "Wow. Yet another 'Have you heard about vps6?' thread" We've had about 4-5 by now.

@Naruto said: Am I allowed to put an affiliate link in my signature?

No, again it's only allowed for tracking, usually by a provider.

Here's the discussion:

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/4/low-end-talk-community-guidelines/p1

edit: And since I;m ethical, here's the discussion where @LowEndAdmin says Affiliate links are OK with a disclaimer:

http://old.lowendtalk.com/topic/looking-for-xen-256-from-reliable-provider

Which is what @Naruto had. :)

Ooops. Um....

Maybe we can get a clarification from @LowEndAdmin. :)

• @drmike said: here's the discussion where @LowEndAdmin says Affiliate links are OK with a disclaimer:

Yes I did say that in the LowEndTalk 2 generations ago. However the first link (discussions on community guideline) is more currently and I think as LowEndTalk grows bigger, we do need to take out all affiliate links on the site itself.

The bulk of discussions on that thread is about whether it is okay to link to your own sites/pages filled with affiliate links. That's a lot harder to police, and people have different definition on the word "filled". Flag them if you don't think it's appropriate. I know @LowEndStock has been flagged many times as the site does have affiliate links. However at the same time I think it's also useful in its own right.

• @LowEndAdmin said: we do need to take out all affiliate links on the site itself.

I have to ask. Does this include the ones for tracking that you said previously was OK?

• Hmm... okay, thanks for the help.

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited January 2012

I thought it was the 3rd discussion about them. Maybe 4th. Someone check.

What is tracking?

If mine was okay can it be restored? I had a cool reply that got thanked and heck yeah I'd love affiliate signups. If its not okay I'll understand... :(

EDIT: I checked. Only 3.
    Mine: "VPS6.net?"
    xelda's: "vps6.net reviews?"
    This one: "Has anyone heard of VPS6.net?"