Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Godaddy discontinues Cloud services
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Godaddy discontinues Cloud services

Didn't see anyone mentioning it. Got this email:

We're discontinuing GoDaddy Cloud Servers. Please retrieve or back up your content before December 31, 2017. After this date, your GoDaddy Cloud Server account will no longer be supported and your
servers will not be accessible. Here's everything you need to know to get prepared:
• Bitnami apps and images won't be supported after 2017/11/15.
• All other images and servers won't be supported after 2017/12/31.
• Prior to these dates, you'll still be able to build new servers, test,
clone and destroy servers.
• Your billing cycle and billing rate won't change. To replace your current plan, please consider switching to a Virtual Private Server,
which provides fast, scalable and secure hosting.

I guess the competition is hard to beat.

Comments

• PwnerPwner Member

When I was helping a family friend with building a website, I was looking into GoDaddy for registration and hosting (just want something simple for people who aren't super tech savvy), their prices for domains and especially shared hosting were stupidly expensive. I ended up just doing everything through NameCheap instead for a much cheaper price and don't regret it one bit.

• EasedEased Member, Host Rep

Good. Fuck GoDaddy.

Thanked by 2Aidan Oflameo
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Pwner said:
    When I was helping a family friend with building a website, I was looking into GoDaddy for registration and hosting (just want something simple for people who aren't super tech savvy), their prices for domains and especially shared hosting were stupidly expensive. I ended up just doing everything through NameCheap instead for a much cheaper price and don't regret it one bit.

Namecheap has been great so far :)

• WSSWSS Member

If it was anything on par with their shitty hosting, it never fucking worked anyway.

• sinsin Member

I tried their Cloud Servers when they first came out and they were surprisingly good/performed really well.

• @sin said:
    I tried their Cloud Servers when they first came out and they were surprisingly good/performed really well.

Same here. Quite decent to be honest. Got a client using them so I'll be migrating :)

Thanked by 1sin