Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nitrado launching their Cloud Servers starting from 0,32€/pd
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nitrado launching their Cloud Servers starting from 0,32€/pd

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited July 2017 in Providers

Nitrado, one of the most known German Gameserverhosts has finally launched their Cloud Servers. These can be rented either monthly or daily starting at 0,32/pd . They are using KVM virtualization. Here is some first look :-)

Link to their Website: Click (no aff)

FAQ (copied some):

Which Operating Systems (OS) are available?

In our Nitrado Cloud Servers, various operating systems (images) are available for every need. These can be roughly divided into Linux and BSD, as well as Windows. The following images are currently available: Arch Linux (Plain), CentOS 7 (Plain), Debian 8 (Plain), Debian 9 (Plain), Fedora 25 (Plain), Fedora 26 (Plain), Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Daemon), Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Plain), Ubuntu 17.04 (Plain), Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (Plain), Windows Server 2016 Standard (Plain)

How fast is a CPU Core/vCore?

The CPUs (Processors) used by Nitrado in their Cloud Server Compute-Nodes are Intel Xeon E5-2699v4 2.2-3.6GHz. Every Compute Code includes two of these Processors, which results in 44 (real) CPU Cores pero Node. Special CPU offers for special needs are planned for 2017.

_What is the bandwidth of a Nitrado Cloud Server?
_

In order to guarantee the highest connection speeds at any time, each VM is connected with symmetrical 1 Gbit/s. This speed is also achieved in real cases. The actual data rate depends, of course, on other factors (protocol overhead, bandwidth of the remote host, ...). The connection of the physical servers (Hypervisor) is, as expected, many times higher (10-20 Gbit/s).

Is there any additional costs? What happens if I exceed my Monthly Traffic?

At Nitrado we believe in the concept of prepaid services, and this has also been implemented with our cloud servers.
You have total control over all incurring costs. Even if you exceed your monthly ultra speed traffic volume, the bandwidth will only be reduced to 100 MBit/s - still enough for the vast majority of applications, and without additional cost.

You can then choose to book additional ultra speed traffic if higher bandwidth is required.

Benchmarks are coming soon :- )

If you want me to run any let me know! Currently running FreeVPS Bench and after I will run geekbench^^

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

Nitrado is more like a kid's host.

Thanked by 2webcraft quick
  • Ympker said: Nitrado, one of the most reputable German Gameserverhosts

Never heard.

Thanked by 1pike
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2017

@William said:

Ympker said: Nitrado, one of the most reputable German Gameserverhosts

Never heard.

They are pretty big acctually. Atleast when I was younger all my friends had their servers with them and so did I. They are running on a prepaid scheme and have been expanding a lot compared to where they started from. Ofc some other big players may be more known to you like G-Portal or Zap-Hosting (Urgh) but nvm that. Was just gonna share and check out their latest offer as Ive been happy with them :)

@pike It is obviously. A lot of its customers are kids. That's due to their kids friendly approach making a prepaid scheme allowing for no recurring fees and even dedicating an extra page to the parents explaining the whole procedure of getting a server and what their kids can do with it. They are looking to expand further down a few different roads since a while though so I will be happy to follow along. Not that Ive been unhappy with their gameservers or support ever, really :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Ympker said: Nitrado, one of the most reputable German Gameserverhosts

Thanked by 1pike
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Neoon

So your favorites within Germany are..?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Ympker said:
    @Neoon

None, I host it myself to guarantee I get the performance I want.

Only thing I can say, the Performance on Nitrado was awful.

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited July 2017

@Ympker said:
    @Neoon

What about g-portal? fragnet? They were arround long time before nitrado became big.
    There's a lot more gameserver hosters that are cheaper, better and have less noisy neighbours than nitrado.

Leaseweb is also promoting a gameserver line atm. i3d is also a very reputable gameserver provider.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2017

@pike said:

@Ympker said:
    @Neoon

What about g-portal? They were arround long time before nitrado became big.
    There's a lot more gameserver hosters that are cheaper, better and have less noisy neighbours than nitrado.

I've mentioned G-Portal and ZAP-Hosting above. What do you guys care so much about this phrase anyway? I did not say it is the most reputable gameserverhost within Germany. But ONE of the most reputable gameserverhosts within Germany. The others may very well be G-Portal (Ive been happy with them, too) & ZAP.. Judging by FB likes Nitrado has just about 10k more than either G-Portal or ZAP but that's just playing games anyway. I was just gonna share the offer as it may be interesting for some people who are looking for a prepaid per-day paid server to deveolope on ;) I was also talking about GERMAN Gameserver hosts. I dont believe Leaseweb or Fragnet are known to be Gameserverhosts from Germany, or are they?

@Neoon

Okay, do that then. Nobody is gonna stop you.

• pikepike Veteran
    edited July 2017

@Ympker said:
    I've mentioned G-Portal and ZAP-Hosting above. What do you guys care so much about this phrase anyway? I did not say it is the most reputable gameserverhost within Germany. But ONE of the most reputable gameserverhosts within Germany. The others may very well be G-Portal (Ive been happy with them, too) & ZAP..

If you really think ZAP Hosting and Nitrado are two of the most reputable gameserverhosts in Germany then become lucky with them. I personally think both of them are kiddy hosters and would never ever rent a server with them.

Nitrado got big because of their prepaid billing and "clever" marketing which got them thousands of premature pepaid customers. ZAP copied that.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2017

@pike said:

@Ympker said:
    I've mentioned G-Portal and ZAP-Hosting above. What do you guys care so much about this phrase anyway? I did not say it is the most reputable gameserverhost within Germany. But ONE of the most reputable gameserverhosts within Germany. The others may very well be G-Portal (Ive been happy with them, too) & ZAP..

If you really think ZAP Hosting and Nitrado are two of the most reputable gameserverhosts in Germany then become lucky with them. I personally think both of them are kiddy hosters and would never ever rent a server with them.

They are kiddy hosters yes. Still have the largest gameserver share in Germany Id assume.

Removing the most reputable part now so people can rest their case. They are one of the "most known" German Gameserverhosts now. Cant argue with that.

• WSSWSS Member

Welp that's pretty expensive.

Thanked by 2pike webcraft
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2017

@WSS said:
    Welp that's pretty expensive.

Indeed :P The SSD performance seems to be really nice but other than that it is probably pretty much useless outside of Germany.. Although they might have servers elsewhere, too as they also cater to international customers. Perhaps for them it is a different location.

System Info

Processor : Intel Core Processor (Broadwell)

CPU Cores : 1

Frequency : 2199.998 MHz

Memory : 992 MB

Swap : MB

Uptime : 1 min,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)

Kernel : 4.4.0-83-generic

Hostname :

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

Your public IPv4 is

Location Provider Speed

CDN Cachefly 259MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 452KB/s

Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 1.15MB/s

Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 1.20MB/s

San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 1.11MB/s

Washington, DC, US Softlayer 3.66MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 881KB/s

Singapore Softlayer 740KB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 4.39MB/s

Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 186MB/s

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 869 MB/s

I/O (2nd run) : 859 MB/s

I/O (3rd run) : 862 MB/s

Average I/O : 863.333 MB/s

• pikepike Veteran

I finally figured out what keeps me coming back to this thread.

They use the Link11 DC in Frankfurt am Main with decent Link11 DDoS protection which is one of the best I know when it comes to protecting teamspeak and gameservers.

Does anyone here know another provider that sells VPS in this datacenter? Would be interested!